• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2010] Pokémon Sienna - Complete Version Released

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
firelion2.png

Evolution number one of the fire dog line :)

mavy42

I'm back, broz :)
Years
Beta 1 Box Art

I dedicate this Box Art to the first hack I've ever played!
This is just Beta 1 of the box art but I'll improve this when I've got the time...
Not really good but.....
Cheers, bro :D

Karmarsi

The Blue Ice fox
Years
I'd just like to say I'm very much enjoying your hack <3 I just started it on today and adore the custom Pokemon in it! I look forward to more

( also thank you for the spazz. I found a shiny Shroomish on Colt Path and probably squealed for ten seconds... XD )

Logan

Years
This looks amazing and I'll be sure to plan on a youtube series of this game.
Thanks, make sure you link me when you start it, I like to keep up to date :).

I'd just like to say I'm very much enjoying your hack <3 I just started it on today and adore the custom Pokemon in it! I look forward to more

( also thank you for the spazz. I found a shiny Shroomish on Colt Path and probably squealed for ten seconds... XD )
Sweet, you should show me a screenshot :P.

Here is the final evolution of the fire dog fakemon line and here it is, still wonderfully designed by papalulu27:

firelion3.png

And, finally, I'd like to tell everyone about the newest artist to join the Pokémon Sienna project in Illuminaughty and I'd like to show off the first of many new fakemon lines to be produced by Illuminaughty in Sienna's new special sweeper (hopefully) psychic type line:

ojgg1j.png

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2012
Hey everyone. I'm making this post for a few reasons.

To start off, I just want to say that this is an amazing hack, and I thank the team that has dedicated so much of their time to this project.

I'd also like to offer my assistance with this project. I've got various ways I can contribute to this project if wanted.

Some of my skill sets include:

Graphic design. I'm also a graphic designer. I've been working in the field for two years now.

Mapping skill. I'm decent at mapping. I know how to map well, and I follow the original Pokemon theme when mapping.

Slight programming knowledge. I have a basic grasp of Java and HTML.

If you can use my help in any way, please don't hesitate to ask me. If you have any other questions, please contact me at [email protected].

Thanks so much,
Time.

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2014
Easily best hack I ever played. The fakemon did everything for me. That's what I really seek in a hack - the fakemons. Because we have enough of the regular pokemon in the original games. We already know all their secrets, attacks, likes against dislikes. The whole idea of a new game is to explore - to find new pokemon, know their weakness and resistance.

And this game's fakemon are the best I'v seen. Both cool and original, not crappy looking but still look like something that could be a pokemon and not a random mythological creature. I especially liked Allgalion (didn't succeed to get it. Kelpony didn't evolve in lvl 45), Stroenete, Bouldotem (even though it sucked) and Squirren (again, even though it sucked and didn't learn anything useful till the end of the Beta. Still, it's important that they will be pokemon like that too). Also, Talush is cute in a derpy way, and it's a good thing that Fortracean is bug/poison and not steel/bug. Better without spamming the steel type everywhere.

So I ran across some things I think that need to be fixed. Most of them you must be already aware of:

- The fly glitch: When you choose to fly, the game sends you to a blue screen and stuck like that.

- The Lavender town theme: It was in several places in the game, without any reasonable reason.

- The surf quest: You need to message the player when he try to talk to the Tourus, if he got six pokemon, that he doesn't have space left to take the Tourus with him. I thought it was a glitch and didn't stop to finish the quest.

- Bike voucher didn't work for me.

- The quests and plot: It was fun till the middle of the game. Then, at some point, I was going from city to another really fast without almost anything to do in the way. But I guess that's because it's only a beta. Also, make some twists. I know some of the original pokemon games don't have any, but if you can make it a perfect game then why not? Divert team rocket like you started to do and make the player choose a fraction within them, involve the police or the Gym leaders, add NPCs and important characters so the world won't look so empty, reveal the protagonist's girlfriend that comeback for him while pregnant and tell him that he is the father of their child (wait, what?)
You got the point.

- Also, from the same reason, from the middle of the game the dialogs gets crappy and some of the buildings/characters are a complete replica from fire-red. But again, I guess you won't leave it that way.

- Most importantly: ADD MORE FAKEMONS!!! They are awesome! The whole game should turn around this fakemons and there should be at least one new fakemon in every route or two. I didn't manage to catch them all. I don't know if you can do it in this game, but still, there are too few of them.

- Thank you! This didn't feel like playing a hack but like playing a whole new game. The spiriting, both the pokemon, the fakemon and the characters are in a pro level. :)

Last edited:

Logan

Years
Hey everyone. I'm making this post for a few reasons.

To start off, I just want to say that this is an amazing hack, and I thank the team that has dedicated so much of their time to this project.

I'd also like to offer my assistance with this project. I've got various ways I can contribute to this project if wanted.

Some of my skill sets include:

Graphic design. I'm also a graphic designer. I've been working in the field for two years now.

Mapping skill. I'm decent at mapping. I know how to map well, and I follow the original Pokemon theme when mapping.

Slight programming knowledge. I have a basic grasp of Java and HTML.

If you can use my help in any way, please don't hesitate to ask me. If you have any other questions, please contact me at [email protected].

Thanks so much,
Time.
That's great, I'd love for some help on the graphic side, feel free to send me a PM with some of your work. Glad you enjoyed the game :).

this looks cool but i dont know if i want to play and do a walkthrough on this...
If you like a hack with an original game feel but with a new region, new pokémon and great gameplay you should play it!

Easily best hack I ever played. The fakemon did everything for me. That's what I really seek in a hack - the fakemons. Because we have enough of the regular pokemon in the original games. We already know all their secrets, attacks, likes against dislikes. The whole idea of a new game is to explore - to find new pokemon, know their weakness and resistance.

And this game's fakemon are the best I'v seen. Both cool and original, not crappy looking but still look like something that could be a pokemon and not a random mythological creature. I especially liked Allgalion (didn't succeed to get it. Kelpony didn't evolve in lvl 45), Stroenete, Bouldotem (even though it sucked) and Squirren (again, even though it sucked and didn't learn anything useful till the end of the Beta. Still, it's important that they will be pokemon like that too). Also, Talush is cute in a derpy way, and it's a good thing that Fortracean is bug/poison and not steel/bug. Better without spamming the steel type everywhere.

So I ran across some things I think that need to be fixed. Most of them you must be already aware of:

- The fly glitch: When you choose to fly, the game sends you to a blue screen and stuck like that.

- The Lavender town theme: It was in several places in the game, without any reasonable reason.

- The surf quest: You need to message the player when he try to talk to the Tourus, if he got six pokemon, that he doesn't have space left to take the Tourus with him. I thought it was a glitch and didn't stop to finish the quest.

- Bike voucher didn't work for me.

- The quests and plot: It was fun till the middle of the game. Then, at some point, I was going from city to another really fast without almost anything to do in the way. But I guess that's because it's only a beta. Also, make some twists. I know some of the original pokemon games don't have any, but if you can make it a perfect game then why not? Divert team rocket like you started to do and make the player choose a fraction within them, involve the police or the Gym leaders, add NPCs and important characters so the world won't look so empty, reveal the protagonist's girlfriend that comeback for him while pregnant and tell him that he is the father of their child (wait, what?)
You got the point.

- Also, from the same reason, from the middle of the game the dialogs gets crappy and some of the buildings/characters are a complete replica from fire-red. But again, I guess you won't leave it that way.

- Most importantly: ADD MORE FAKEMONS!!! They are awesome! The whole game should turn around this fakemons and there should be at least one new fakemon in every route or two. I didn't manage to catch them all. I don't know if you can do it in this game, but still, there are too few of them.

- Thank you! This didn't feel like playing a hack but like playing a whole new game. The spiriting, both the pokemon, the fakemon and the characters are in a pro level. :)
Thanks for the kind words and bug report (I may know of them all but it still helps :)) We sure will be adding fakemon, Beta 4 will almost all be fakemon without barely any original Pokémon ;).

Well guys, here's a little something we've been working on and I've wanted to do for a while. Basically hacked the poison routine to be the same as Gen IV where your Pokémon recover from poison outside of battle at 1HP, unlike in Gen III where they faint in the overworld.

Credit to Jambo51 for pointing me in the right direction and Darthatron for the help :).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTZU0gl9cKo

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
I am unable to enter game. who none but help me way enter game. At present whiteboard then is stood..

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2012
That's great, I'd love for some help on the graphic side, feel free to send me a PM with some of your work. Glad you enjoyed the game :).

I PM'd you some of my work. They're older pieces so my work now has improved.

Also, do you have a date set on the release of the Beta v4?

I am unable to enter game. who none but help me way enter game. At present whiteboard then is stood..

I'm not sure of your issue, as your grammar is lacking, but I'll try to help you in the best way I can.

You need an emulator, a Pokemon Fire Red ROM, a patcher, and the .ISP file for this hack.

Because I lack 15 posts, I'm not allowed to link to anything in my posts, but everything I mention can be found with a quick Google search.

A good emulator that I use is VisualBoyAdvanced. Also know as VBA.
You'll also need a Pokemon Fire Red ROM for this.
Also, you'll need to download the hack's .zip file. You can find the link to this on the first page.
And last but not least, you'll need Lunar IPS.

How to install Pokemon Sienna:

1) After you have downloaded all the essientials, you need to unzip everything using a program such as WinRAR or 7zip.
2) After everything is unzipped, open up the Lunar IPS program.
3) Lunar IPS has an incredibly simple interface, so it shouldn't be that hard to use. But, I'll tell you how, just in case.
4) After Lunar IPS is open, click "Apply IPS Patch".
5) Select Sienna's IPS file, then click Open.
6) Then select your Pokemon Fire Red ROM and click open. After that, your patch will be applied.
7) Finally, open the newly patched Pokemon Fire Red ROM with VBA.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
I PM'd you some of my work. They're older pieces so my work now has improved.

Also, do you have a date set on the release of the Beta v4?

I'm not sure of your issue, as your grammar is lacking, but I'll try to help you in the best way I can.

You need an emulator, a Pokemon Fire Red ROM, a patcher, and the .ISP file for this hack.

Because I lack 15 posts, I'm not allowed to link to anything in my posts, but everything I mention can be found with a quick Google search.

A good emulator that I use is VisualBoyAdvanced. Also know as VBA.
You'll also need a Pokemon Fire Red ROM for this.
Also, you'll need to download the hack's .zip file. You can find the link to this on the first page.
And last but not least, you'll need Lunar IPS.

How to install Pokemon Sienna:

1) After you have downloaded all the essientials, you need to unzip everything using a program such as WinRAR or 7zip.
2) After everything is unzipped, open up the Lunar IPS program.
3) Lunar IPS has an incredibly simple interface, so it shouldn't be that hard to use. But, I'll tell you how, just in case.
4) After Lunar IPS is open, click "Apply IPS Patch".
5) Select Sienna's IPS file, then click Open.
6) Then select your Pokemon Fire Red ROM and click open. After that, your patch will be applied.
7) Finally, open the newly patched Pokemon Fire Red ROM with VBA.

I have followed you but failed. Open only 1 game on the white board it always stood. thank you anyway..

you can send me the patch is not already? That the 3.1. Thanks

sorry I do not master grammar

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2012
I have followed you but failed. Open only 1 game on the white board it always stood. thank you anyway..

you can send me the patch is not already? That the 3.1. Thanks

sorry I do not master grammar

I might be able to help you better if I can get a friend of mine to help translate for me. What language do you normally speak?

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2012
Vietnamese :) Thanks you so much.

I don't know anyone who speaks Vietnamese, so I'll try my best using a translator.

Làm thế nào để cài đặt Pokemon Sienna:
1) Sau khi bạn đã tải về tất cả các essientials, bạn cần phải giải nén tất cả mọi thứ bằng cách sử dụng một chương trình như WinRAR hay 7zip.
2) Sau khi tất cả mọi thứ được giải nén, mở ra các chương trình âm lịch IPS.
3) âm lịch IPS có một giao diện cực kỳ đơn giản, vì vậy nó không nên là khó sử dụng. Tuy nhiên, tôi sẽ cho bạn biết làm thế nào, chỉ trong trường hợp.
4) Sau khi âm lịch IPS là mở, bấm vào nút "Apply IPS Patch".
5) tập tin của IPS Chọn Sienna, sau đó nhấn Open.
6) Sau đó chọn Pokemon Fire Red ROM của bạn và kích vào Open. Sau đó, bản vá sẽ được áp dụng.
7) Cuối cùng, mở Fire Pokemon Red ROM mới được vá VBA.

Back