• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Apexin Version

Which is a better game name? (Most votes will change the game name.)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

~Angel~

Lead developer for Pokémon Millennium
Years
This looks like it'll be a great game. I like the story, and the characters. Oh by the way, the first time you mentioned the third character, you wrote "???", but the second time you wrote his name, Mason (In his bio).

And I have got to agree with the others about your maps. Here are some tips on how to make them better:
- Make them smaller. A smaller map means you'll have less "empty" space (Empty as in just plain grass without any details on it),
- Add details like flowers, stones, tall grass (Not every tall grass has to have Pokemon in it), ledges, trees (Other than "border" trees),
- Don't make the maps square-like. Like the map "Route 601", all rows of trees that make the border are the same length, change the length of a few of them, and you'll see how much of a change that actually is.
- There's a sign on the road on Route 601. However, sings look better when they're right next to the road, instead on the road itself.

Good luck with your progress, and your mapping. If you make some changes, post more screenshots.

Acctually I need to update this a TON lol I have a bunch of new stuff in here.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Yeah, I can see you changed the character. It's a good update - I like the new ones better than the old ones.
Please post a screenshot as soon as you're done with your new maps. I'd really like to see them :)

~Angel~

Years
Yeah, I can see you changed the character. It's a good update - I like the new ones better than the old ones.
Please post a screenshot as soon as you're done with your new maps. I'd really like to see them :)

Some of the map's here are the same but they are getting there :D I edited the first route so now the player is forced to walk through grass. I was thinking about putting in water but now I am rethinking that.

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
So you just replaced the characters with the protaganists from DPPT and the rival with silver...

~Angel~

Years
So you just replaced the characters with the protaganists from DPPT and the rival with silver...

MAPPPPPPPS Those are changed a bit too. The map for Marowna town was changed a bit so the haracter can go to route 601. I will post them in a few minutes.

So it seem's as if I can't upload the new sprites and crap up to deviant art. And I probably won't be able to upload my pictures there anymore if I get one more comment about the nintendo crap. SO I am going to post them on my website and copy the Url from there.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
I see that you edited some of the maps. They look a bit better now. Not much, I'm gonna be honest, but it's an improvement. Try now placing some flowers, stones, bushes and other details. Maybe a path to get away from the all-green color.

You could also make a map with ledges, so that the player is forced to go through the tall grass when going in one direction, but can avoid it by jumping down the ledges when going in the opposite direction.

I'm sorry if I'm a bit annoying about your maps, I'm just trying to help xD

~Angel~

Years
I see that you edited some of the maps. They look a bit better now. Not much, I'm gonna be honest, but it's an improvement. Try now placing some flowers, stones, bushes and other details. Maybe a path to get away from the all-green color.

You could also make a map with ledges, so that the player is forced to go through the tall grass when going in one direction, but can avoid it by jumping down the ledges when going in the opposite direction.

I'm sorry if I'm a bit annoying about your maps, I'm just trying to help xD

Hey no problem. I love getting help sense I don't have anyone to help me on the project.

~Angel~

Years
Just a really small update. I have now thanks to Rayquaza. I have Gym tilesets :D So the gym will possible be complete in the first version.

~Angel~

Years
Update: This is a big update. Revolving around scripts and what not and some map work.
pokemon_enexta_version_ds_0_2_by_lilligantthegreen-d57vfyr.png
The game is now known as Pokemon Enexta Version DS 0.2 That's about how far the game is made. Several maps are being worked on because of the change. I am working on the idea's for Pokemon Essentials DS with Venom12, which is in 0.2 just about where the game is until he updates again.

Last edited:

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
I like the DS thing, and everything else so far. Nice update. My only issue, is the name: Marawana Town, I mean, I realize that most people that play this game will be adults, but this is a bit off don't you think. Its just my opinion. Do what you want. Good work though

~Angel~

Years
I like the DS thing, and everything else so far. Nice update. My only issue, is the name: Marawana Town, I mean, I realize that most people that play this game will be adults, but this is a bit off don't you think. Its just my opinion. Do what you want. Good work though

I am working on the name XD It's just a temp XD

Years
Hey everything looking good :D the tiles and maps look smooth and nice :P
I only found a little problem, in the first screens the hero is different than when professor juniper is giving her speech and you choose male and female, aside from that everything seems to be going nice! Keep working and dont give up :)

~Angel~

Years
Hey everything looking good :D the tiles and maps look smooth and nice :P
I only found a little problem, in the first screens the hero is different than when professor juniper is giving her speech and you choose male and female, aside from that everything seems to be going nice! Keep working and dont give up :)

It's changed just old screen shots. I got to take some new ones today.

Ramond Hikari

- Lonely Shooting Star -
Years
I think your maps are a little bit plain, just want to help, but you really need to add some more rich details, maybe add more buildings, couples of flower bushes,... or small puddles of water...

Are you sure you have updated your Pokemon Essential version because the font looks a little weird...

PS: I thought the Pokemon Follow script was originaly created by help-14 and fixed by zingzags... so you should credit help-14, too...

Just want to make the game better so don't judge me :D

~Angel~

Years
I think your maps are a little bit plain, just want to help, but you really need to add some more rich details, maybe add more buildings, couples of flower bushes,... or small puddles of water...

Are you sure you have updated your Pokemon Essential version because the font looks a little weird...

PS: I thought the Pokemon Follow script was originaly created by help-14 and fixed by zingzags... so you should credit help-14, too...

Just want to make the game better so don't judge me :D

Origonaly yes. But I agree my maps are bland. I am still working on the way I map. For now I have to finish some overworlds.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
So, I see there haven't been any updates to this thread in quite a while. It really seems like it'll be an interesting game, and I wouldn't want to see you giving up on the project.

I could help you a little when it comes to maps - if you want, I could recreate Route 601 with some fixes & details. Based on that map, you could create the others.

~Angel~

Years
So, I see there haven't been any updates to this thread in quite a while. It really seems like it'll be an interesting game, and I wouldn't want to see you giving up on the project.

I could help you a little when it comes to maps - if you want, I could recreate Route 601 with some fixes & details. Based on that map, you could create the others.

Sure that would be great :D The only reason I have not been updating is because I got a xbox 360 and I have got addicted to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back