• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dratii

Working on something new...
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2023
VBA won't save Bg.act, it says it saves it but it doesn't

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
Second one, you should include hidesprite, and setflag 0x(any flag you want).
When you do that, search for the people ID of the Pokeball in Advance Map, and put it like the flag you set.
Example:
setflag 0x200
Then the people ID of the Pokeball is 0200.

When I do that, the tile on which the Ball was, is still unpassable.
I seems that Hidesprite only makes a sprite invisible,
but it doesnt actually removes it :c

And what is that ASM thingy?
Where can I get it?
I only need it to remove the Truck thing, so that shouldn't be too hard...

Last edited:

GoldFlareon

Biotic Flareon
Years
I have a problem.
My sprite files are 4.*insert number here* KBs, and the normal sprites I wanna write them over with are 1.*insert number here* KBs, which means they are a lot smaller--meaning I cannot insert my sprites. Yes, I am constantly wanting more and more help with things like these, but I REALLY wanna get my sprites onto Fire Red. So far, I have managed to get a Misdreavus (over Zubat) and a Houndour whose image offset was the offset of a free space, but I can't seem to insert any more, really. I have big Pokemon like Gyarados and Suicune, so that's probably the problem. If I use up the 25 free spots, what am I supposed to do if I still wanna insert 100 other Pokemon, and the PNG files are too large to fit in any other space that is used?? I have also tried saving the file of original the Pokemon, and then changing its palette and pasting the Pokemon that I wanted to get on, then re-importing that same image, but it still says the file is too big, and it fails to get it on.
I really want help, and I wanna know how other people got their Pokemon onto the Roms without the dumb thing saying that the files are too large.

...Thank you.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
VBA won't save Bg.act, it says it saves it but it doesn't
I have that same problem. Just save it as bg.pal, open it in APE and then save it as pal.act.

I have a problem.
My sprite files are 4.*insert number here* KBs, and the normal sprites I wanna write them over with are 1.*insert number here* KBs, which means they are a lot smaller--meaning I cannot insert my sprites. Yes, I am constantly wanting more and more help with things like these, but I REALLY wanna get my sprites onto Fire Red. So far, I have managed to get a Misdreavus (over Zubat) and a Houndour whose image offset was the offset of a free space, but I can't seem to insert any more, really. I have big Pokemon like Gyarados and Suicune, so that's probably the problem. If I use up the 25 free spots, what am I supposed to do if I still wanna insert 100 other Pokemon, and the PNG files are too large to fit in any other space that is used?? I have also tried saving the file of original the Pokemon, and then changing its palette and pasting the Pokemon that I wanted to get on, then re-importing that same image, but it still says the file is too big, and it fails to get it on.
I really want help, and I wanna know how other people got their Pokemon onto the Roms without the dumb thing saying that the files are too large.

...Thank you.
I'll try to do this step by step:

1) Open your ROM in a Hex Editor
2) Go to the offset 800000 (Hexadecimal)
3) Find the first place that has many many FF
4) Copy that offset
5) Open your ROM in UNLZ
6) Open your image and click Write to Rom
7) Paste the offset into the Image Offset Textbox
8) Tick Import Image and Automatically Fix Pointers

Only do the next steps if the ones above didn't work
9) Open your rom in Darthatron's Poke Edit Pro
10) Find the Pokemon you want to replace
11) Paste the offset into the Sprite Offset Textbox

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
Hi again.
I'm having doubts: How can I do to edit my hack's font? I tried to use FontEd, from Elite Map but it didn't work, something like: "supported ROM but no font was especified" appeared. I want to add a DPP-like font. Or, can I edit the font on unLZ?

GoldFlareon

Biotic Flareon
Years
I have that same problem. Just save it as bg.pal, open it in APE and then save it as pal.act.

I'll try to do this step by step:

1) Open your ROM in a Hex Editor
2) Go to the offset 800000 (Hexadecimal)
3) Find the first place that has many many FF
4) Copy that offset
5) Open your ROM in UNLZ
6) Open your image and click Write to Rom
7) Paste the offset into the Image Offset Textbox
8) Tick Import Image and Automatically Fix Pointers

Only do the next steps if the ones above didn't work
9) Open your rom in Darthatron's Poke Edit Pro
10) Find the Pokemon you want to replace
11) Paste the offset into the Sprite Offset Textbox

But doesn't that use up one of the 25 free spaces? That's exactly what I didn't wanna do, seeing there are only 25 spaces....

GoldFlareon

Biotic Flareon
Years
xD Calm down. I just needa understand this first. I thought that by putting the image offset into a space of another Pokemon's image offset, it would make the Pokemon....hang on a sec...

All the free space...that isn't all the room for the 25 Pokemon...is it? Hahaha! I'm such a twit! xD I thought it was! Lol, sorry guys.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Hi again.
I'm having doubts: How can I do to edit my hack's font? I tried to use FontEd, from Elite Map but it didn't work, something like: "supported ROM but no font was especified" appeared. I want to add a DPP-like font. Or, can I edit the font on unLZ?

The easiest way is to find it in a program such as TileEd or TLP and edit from there, I'm 99% sure that it isn't compressed so you probably won't find it in UNLZ.

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
How do you edit the intro to the game? Like in emerald when you are on a bike and lati@s fly's by.

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Now in APE it just goes Does anyone know how to fix it?

It's not an error APE caused. When you click on the "Load from offset", and then the arrow button thing on its right, the run time error comes right?
You should place an offset, for example in Firered BPRE: EA1B60. Put in the empty box and start pressing the arrow for different palettes.

List of Fire red palettes:
Pallete0: EA1B60
Pallete2: EA1B80
Pallete3: EA1B90
Pallete4: EA1BEA

There are more. Hope that helps.

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2010
Anyone knows where's the Water Sport/Signal Beam animation in unlz (FR version)?

Last edited:

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
When I do that, the tile on which the Ball was, is still unpassable.
I seems that Hidesprite only makes a sprite invisible,
but it doesnt actually removes it :c

And what is that ASM thingy?
Where can I get it?
I only need it to remove the Truck thing, so that shouldn't be too hard...

When you used hidesprite, did you put the person event number? Like hidesprite 0x1. The person event number is 1 . Did you do that? If yes, post your script in the Script help thread.

About the truck thing, I really don't hack ruby, so I don't know much. To remove the truck animation, you need ASM, like stated before. I don't know ASM, so try asking Mastermind_x, thethethethe, or any other ASM hacker. It's not easy though.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
I am noticing that my question is once again, ignored. I need to insert my MIDI's and that file is the only problem!

I am (still) missing the file vbalCbEx6.ocx or it's outdated. Run time error: 372 - seen that for the last few months.

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
I am noticing that my question is once again, ignored. I need to insert my MIDI's and that file is the only problem!

I am (still) missing the file vbalCbEx6.ocx or it's outdated. Run time error: 372 - seen that for the last few months.

I had that problem a while back ago. You don't have vbalCbEx6.ocx or it's not working?
If you don't have it, goto: http://www.vbaccelerator.com/home/v...t_Boxes/ComboBoxEx/VB6_ComboBoxEx_Control.asp

Download it, and put it in the same folder as the music program you are using.
Hope that helps.

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
A question about unLZ-GBA:
Why are ALL the pictures screwed up?
I know you can change the pic with "+" and "-", and that you must check the 256 or 16 or black/white colours, but whatever I do, no pic seems to make sence in whatever palette I use!

I'm using the Pokémon Emerald rom.
I've already editted the rom (NOT with unLZ), but that shouldn't be the problem, right?

Now, when I use unLZ-GBA on a CLEAN rom, everything DOES seem to work correctly!
So, is it a bad thing that all the pics look screwed in unLZ-GBA?
Can I still accurately edit them?

All i've used so far are the regular tools; mapstart editting, advancemap A-Text ect.

Oh, and a quicky, what is the number in unLZ for the boot screen of Emerald? (you know, the flashy Rayquaza and the big "POKeMON" letters)?

Last edited:

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
Years
ASM question here.

I'm using Mastermind_X's guide for predefined Pokémon (here), is it possible to do the following things?

The Pokémon data structure contains Personality Value (which calculates gender, nature...) and IVs. How would I get these to randomise when creating a predefined Pokémon (as they are normally?)

Also, how would I get the Pokémon to be added to my party, rather than inserted into the box?

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Is it possible to apply the truck animation, in the beginning of the game of ruby, to Fire red? If so, then how, and where can I learn how to do it?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back