• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sound Type?

Wüfzhéévk

Ǵ̸͙̘͐̓ͅl̷̚͠͝? ?? �̝i̷͕͊t̵̠̼̹̆c? ?� �̣̭̓h̷̻̰̭̏͊e̵
Years
Hello all (I don't know if this is in the correct place but..), Well, I was planing on adding a sound type to my romhack, but I wonder, what should be the weakness and strenghts of the type?, without making some types (like rock or grass) have more weakness that what they already have...
by the way, do you think Gamefreak should add a Sound type, to counter any overpowered type?

What does the Sound type bring to the table that is unique and actually provides something positive to the existing game mechanics? You could make an argument that Dark, Steel, and Fairy were important additions to balance out the game, but I can't think of any one type that needs to be taken down a notch and would fit thematically as prey for Sound-type Pokemon.

Wüfzhéévk

Ǵ̸͙̘͐̓ͅl̷̚͠͝? ?? �̝i̷͕͊t̵̠̼̹̆c? ?� �̣̭̓h̷̻̰̭̏͊e̵
Years
Well, seems like a sound type would not be so necesary as there isn't an overpowered type that need to be countered, (The creation of dark, steel and ghost type) but these sound type would rather give a boost to some pokemon that lack good stats, it could be like normal type, as it isn't super effective on any type, but the sound type could appart from that, have good resistences to special stat types...
(by the way, still need a sound type efectiveness chart)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 13, 2019
I'm not really a big fan of the Sound type, sorry, but the types table is good enough as is, in my opinion.

Back