• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Inspirations?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Do you ever look at certain inspirations to get you motivated while writing? What sorts of inspirations do you like the most? Why are those your inspirations?

Other than my hero PelleK, one of my biggest inspirations is someone named Aya Kito. She was diagnosed with this incurable disease and died before I was born. The reason I adore her is because despite what her disease did to her, she kept writing even when she could no longer hold a pen. She just continued to write her journals in hopes to inspire others and such. She inspires me to keep writing no matter what because I too want to be able to inspire others the same way she has.

This will tell you more about her disease. It's from the Japanese drama based on her life:

Spoiler:

So yeah. :D

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
Years
my writing inspiration has to be kurt vonnegut. my god i could go on about how much i adore him and his work. he unfortunately passed away in 2007 after suffering head trauma from falling down a flight of stairs but during his time he was a very influential post-modernist writer. if you're a fan of satire and weird science fiction kinda stuff i'd suggest you give his novels and short stories a read. he's brilliant smh he's my bae.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
My original inspiration comes from the movie District 9. Whenever I'm in a slump, I watch the movie to get out of it. When I first watched it, a book idea hit me full force. I hadn't tried seriously writing something before, but it was this itch that could only be scratched by writing. I joined the writers' club at my school, and I've loved it ever since.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I don't write much, but my main source of inspiration comes from either some experiences in life, or maybe some comedy acts (because I really appriciate a good, funny piece) or maybe some tales video games, in which while they all are different in storyline, they do teach me that each story has to come from the heart; but at the same time, it all has to come together. ouo

Hm, I started writing for fun when people in my 8th grade class had to write some halloween stories, and... while it turns out that my writing piece ended up more funny than scary, I guess that just made me first realize how much a good scene of comedy can be a great inspiration tool!

Kyoe

working on it
Years
Might sound a bit odd... but writing itself is what inspires me.
Don't get me wrong, I go through my rough patches, just like everyone else. There have really been times when I just don't even think about writing for weeks. Then when I'm writing some small note down, bam! it hits me! And I usually start losing sleep again.

Writing is just really natural for me. I either want to do it, or don't mind.

Back