• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Lileep/Cradily.
Yeah, though I was also thinking about a different plant species that is extinct, but isn't aquatic though... hm... now what was the name of it again? I forgot. xD
I would love a sabretooth fossil, but since they already did Raikou, i doubt they'll do it.
True, Raikou has similar design and stuff.

Now I'm back to thinking about ancient and extinct reptiles again. xD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Maybe an ancient... elephant if there can't be Mamoswine? I'm sure it'd be EXTREMELY large for a fossil, though lmao.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
How about a fossilized Fish ? They can get really creative with the fins to highlight the part Rock Type.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Don't we have--hmm no we just have fish. Yeah a fossil fish might be okay but I'm sick of fish we have too many. :(

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
A Dunkleosteus would be pretty cool.

I mean, look at this Bad Boy
Spoiler:

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Wait, I've got an even better one. It's a reptile and it's called a Basilosaurus. It could be a perfect Water/Rock-type, yet I'm sure the fossil would be huuuuuuuuuge, but still a great Pokémon that would be based off it. ;)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
I'm sure the sprites in the 6th gen won't be seen at all on the DS games. So maybe only battling between the 6th gen games will be available. There's also a possibility they would implement a special mode which allows you to battle with players from previous games as long as you have no 6th gen Pokemon in your party since the older games don't have the data of the new 6th gen Pokemon.

Lol, they better make surfing look AWESOME. Kinda tired of standing on top of a blue blob -.-

Manganum

Your local sine wave
Years
Well, Black 2 and White 2 are 5th Generation games. X and Y will be 6th Generation games. So sorry, no, you won't be able to trade Pokemon from X and Y to any other Generation, but of course you'll still be able to use Wi-Fi on those games!

Obviously X and Y aren't going to be using sprites like its predecessors, but you can rest assured that fans and pixel artists will have the full Pokedex sprited out in no time.

Personally I'm hoping for the correct Pokemon to appear when you use Surf, but of course that would involve Game Freak making Surf animations for every one of the 700+ Pokemon...

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Jul 13, 2013
Personally I'm hoping for the correct Pokemon to appear when you use Surf, but of course that would involve Game Freak making Surf animations for every one of the 700+ Pokemon...

Not all 700 Pokémon can use surf. Just need surfing sprites for those that can.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

It's gonna be interesting if they can keep online battles moving quickly with the new battle style, it could cause some hurdles for GF to jump over, but in the end it should work just like the sprites worked.

Dmatt

Medium-Rare Trainer
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
Of course 6th generation battling is going to be exclusively between new games. The same way you couldn't battle between 4th and 5th, or 3rd and 4th...

Trading, my bet, is going to be rather a "migration", so once you transfer your pokemon from 5th (and maybe 4th) generation, you can't go back. Just think like a reversed Pokemon RAdar.

And I bet they're going to keep the surf/fly/cut and whatever HM they come up with, the same way as always, albeit, with a fancier sprite. It would be insane to try to customize every single pokemon capable of every single HM, and then some. But who knows...

Raichupacabra

Villain
Years
It's nothing new, it's basically the same thing that happened when we transitioned from Gen IV to V. It's going to be limited compatibility, and we're most likely going to only be able to transfer Pokemon from V to VI.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
More water/rock? :( Fossils should get more creative than just have rock, I mean what's stopping them from being pure water, or being just steel, or just ground, or something? In fact it could even be steel/water as a fossil and it'd work.

BLOOOD-La-ti-

This is the place to try!
Years
Maybe u are gonna surf on the pokemon that ur using for surf,
and it should be possible to sprite them for any battle simulator,
this gen should be good or I'll.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back