• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Yup, not trusting it. Has any 4chan rumor EVER proven true ? They've had some likely ones in the past too.
Never really. Rumors this early never turn out true, be it 4chan or otherwise. Of course there was one exception on the internet with Smash Bros Brawl on gamefaqs, but that's it.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/chupelo/gamefaqs2.jpg

Even if this rumor does turn out false, I still believe the HP Bar being moved to the lower screen is a likely possibility.
Yeah, that's kinda what I meant. The HP bar not showing up on the top screen from the trailer made me think that from the start. Perhaps also why the rumor can be further discredited, meaning the lack of an HP bar in the trailer could be the basis for it.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I sincerely hope the rumor is true, because we really need a Lucario clone in Gen VI for traditional reasons started by Movie 8.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
has anyone wondered what the new battle mechanic Nintendo mention about the bond between your Pokemon will make it stronger will actually do

Yeah I do wonder what it means but if they add an extra "friendship" meter which increases attack power I'm not really a fan of that as I mentioned somewhere else.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
They need to keep using it and keep pushing it for the system to become a success though. However, it is exciting!​

What I think is cool about Nintendo Direct broadcasts is that Nintendo posts archives of them to the 3DS's Nintendo eShop and the Wii's Nintendo Channel along with whatever their equivalent on the Wii U is after the live broadcast. That makes Nintendo news a lot more accessible, especially to 3DS owners whose device can't run videos inside their Internet Browser app.

Whoever owns this domain is probably gonna get a huge pay cheque from Nintendo.

Is it only me who thinks Froakie, or at least it's evolutions, are going to be Water/Electric? I'm pretty sure that move it uses against a Patrat in the announcement video is an electric type move.

I'd also reeeaaally be happy if they only introduced, say, 60 to 70 new Pokémon (not counting any possible evolutions or pre-evolutions).

Also, on the topic of (pre)evolutions, I kind of would like to see some Gen 4 and 5 (pre)evolutions. Something for Throh/Sawk would be cool, same with maybe Basculin and a pre-evolution of Cryoganol could be cool.

I think that it would be great if GameFreak started designing evolution chains that link the generations together. Also, why hasn't the company explained where the starters come from? Generation I had three elemental reptiles for its starters, so they could have a shared pre-evolution, but what about all of the other generatiion's starters? I guess Torchic and Piplup are kind of all along the same lines, but where's the grass bird? Maybe there could be some sort of Tropius pre-evo…?

Nintendo has moved on to the 3DS, so if anyone is surprised over that move, then...you really shouldn't be.

As for those legendaries, I'm quite impressed. And I hope to God they aren't Dragon types ugh. But they look unique compared to the last two generations and I hope any other legendaries that come around this gen are just are awesome looking. And I love how the mascots don't look a thing like each other. Most mascots seem to be connected in some way, bar Lugia and Ho-Oh (unless I'm forgetting something?), and these guys don't seem to be. I kind of hope they're not. The idea of the mascot Pokemon being in relation to one another is getting to be a tired idea imo, so it'd be great if they were unrelated. But that might be just me.

Weren't Ho-oh and Lugia both birds?

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
Years
I sincerely hope the rumor is true, because we really need a Lucario clone in Gen VI for traditional reasons started by Movie 8.
I wouldn't necessarily call two movies (Lucario and the Mystery of Mew and Zoroark: Master of Illusions) starring a Pokémon similar to Lucario a tradition. While I would like to see a Pokémon like this again, in no way is it needed in my opinion. To be honest, it sort of lacks creativity on their behalf if they're just to make a Lucario clone for each generation now.

Weren't Ho-oh and Lugia both birds?
I think what Sydian meant by her remark was that Ho-oh and Lugia's mythology in their respective games aren't as linked or intertwined like most recent legendary mascots have been. They more or less stand on their own.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I always saw Lucario as the Togetic of it's generation, having a baby form than evolving with happiness. Zoroark is kind of similar except it has a set level. I do hope we get a brand new line with a baby and one evolution. Also a Lucario evolution would be nice.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I wouldn't necessarily call two movies (Lucario and the Mystery of Mew and Zoroark: Master of Illusions) starring a Pokémon similar to Lucario a tradition. While I would like to see a Pokémon like this again, in no way is it needed in my opinion. To be honest, it sort of lacks creativity on their behalf if they're just to make a Lucario clone for each generation now.

Yet starter trios, regional rodents/birds, Pikachu clones, legendary trios, pseudo-legendaries, mascot legendaries, mirage/event legendaries aren't?

Guy

just a guy
Years
Yet starter trios, regional rodents/birds, Pikachu clones, legendary trios, pseudo-legendaries, mascot legendaries, mirage/event legendaries aren't?
We've had more than half of those since the start of Pokémon. Those are what you'd call a tradition since they've been carried on through every generation thus far. It's become something we can expect to see. Whereas Lucario was only introduced in Gen IV and Zoroark in Gen V. It's not something we can say is a tradition that we can continue to expect as of yet or something that necessarily warrants need as you said.

iTeruri

iAm
Years
I hope that for this game they'll finally let us choose between the metric and imperial systems when viewing Pokémon data in the Pokédex. Seems like a small thing to do, but it helps a lot. I don't want to sit there trying to figure out how tall/heavy a Pokémon is, converting feet to centimeters and trying to remember how long an inch is, etc. Instead I just look it up on a site like Bulbapedia, which thankfully shows both.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
I wonder what the 'Pikachu' type Pokémon of this generation will be like. (I mean as a mascot.)

Let's see: we've had Pikachu and Raichu from Generation I, Pichu from Generation II, Plusle and Minun from Generation III, Pachirisu from Generation IV, and Emolga from Generation V. So, GameFreak has introduced electric mice, electric mice/rabbit/chipmunk things (what exactly are Plusle and Minun again?), and electric flying squirrels into the Pokémon series. What kinds of rodents does that leave us to want to see electrified by GameFreak?

If there is one I wonder which will be the next Eeveelution type, I can't see them leaving it out for another generation.

Speaking of types, having the 17 of them is kind of odd, don't you think? Maybe they should add one or three (not two, that'd give us another odd number!) new types to make the number of types nice and even. Maybe that's just me, though, 'cause 17 is prime, so I guess that's special, mathematically speaking. Wait, maybe it doesn't really matter unless you're a math geek–eh-heh, oops…

I'm genuinely surprised that we haven't had more Eeveelutions yet. I'm expecting Dragon to be the next one tbh. I really want a Poison and Ghost one though. <3

Also
legends.jpg

This literally looks like the product of Virizion and Keldeo.

Looks more like a Sawsbuck meets Dialga meets Virizion.

Actually, the legs reminded me of Deoxys, and Sawsbuck is a deer, so…Sawseoxys/Deoxibuck?

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
One thing that I'd love to see in X/Y is more dynamic music. One of my favourite memories from B/W was talking to the people in Accumula Town and hear how the background music changed. Village Bridge is also epic when you get all four musicians up and playing.

I mean, imagine a place in a major city. A place you visit often, such as Nimbasa City in B/W or Goldenrod in G/S/C. When you first arrive, a single guy stands there, softly playing his trusty violin. It may be in a silent place (empty building) or on the street, playing in tandem with the city background music. He is lonely because he has nobody to play with, and ask you, a traveler, to ask around in the region for other people who like to play music.

In the next town, you find a guy with another instrument (flute, clarinet, trumpet, bass, what have you), standing silent because he has nobody to play with. When you talk to him, you tell him about the other musician, and he heads to the city to join him. The next time you visit the place, the two stand there, playing their song together.

And so it goes. In the cities, at landmarks, inside forests and caves ("I came here to practise. I wish I had somebody to play with."), even at the Pokémon league. All over the region, there are people with a desire to join a band, each with a different instrument (some instruments might show up twice). Some could even be version-exclusive, and appear in Pokémon centres after you trade/battle with people who own the other version. Perhaps some could also be event-exclusive!

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
One thing that I'd love to see in X/Y is more dynamic music. One of my favourite memories from B/W was talking to the people in Accumula Town and hear how the background music changed. Village Bridge is also epic when you get all four musicians up and playing.

I mean, imagine a place in a major city. A place you visit often, such as Nimbasa City in B/W or Goldenrod in G/S/C. When you first arrive, a single guy stands there, softly playing his trusty violin. It may be in a silent place (empty building) or on the street, playing in tandem with the city background music. He is lonely because he has nobody to play with, and ask you, a traveler, to ask around in the region for other people who like to play music.

In the next town, you find a guy with another instrument (flute, clarinet, trumpet, bass, what have you), standing silent because he has nobody to play with. When you talk to him, you tell him about the other musician, and he heads to the city to join him. The next time you visit the place, the two stand there, playing their song together.

And so it goes. In the cities, at landmarks, inside forests and caves ("I came here to practise. I wish I had somebody to play with."), even at the Pokémon league. All over the region, there are people with a desire to join a band, each with a different instrument (some instruments might show up twice). Some could even be version-exclusive, and appear in Pokémon centres after you trade/battle with people who own the other version. Perhaps some could also be event-exclusive!
While the dynamic is perfectly fine, and I wouldn't mind some of it myself, the real question to be asking is if they're gonna bring back ambient sounds. HGSS was brilliant in that regard, and I loved how you can hear the water sloshing about, or the faint noise of your footsteps changing depending on the terrain.

Jim Boob

Freelance Mapper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 7, 2016
I agree the sounds on black and white were comparatively poor, looking forward to being able to listen again.

blue

gucci
Years
I like how they introduced vocals into the soundtracks in BW & B2W2, especially in Roxie & Elesas' Gyms. I'm hoping they carry this over to these games, it's certainly something different to the previous generic soundtracks and can be expanded upon too.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I always saw Lucario as the Togetic of it's generation, having a baby form than evolving with happiness. Zoroark is kind of similar except it has a set level. I do hope we get a brand new line with a baby and one evolution. Also a Lucario evolution would be nice.

I wouldn't say Togetic, after all, we didn't see one in the anime until Hoenn.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
So who's up for the sexy beast on the right of this photo finally becoming reality?

That makes me think, imagine how bizarre it would be if they leaked a rumour about a pokemon with a picture during the lead up to one of the older gens with the intention of it being found as a fake...

and then a few generations later they reveal it as a real pokemon, just that it was revealed very early.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I like how they introduced vocals into the soundtracks in BW & B2W2, especially in Roxie & Elesas' Gyms. I'm hoping they carry this over to these games, it's certainly something different to the previous generic soundtracks and can be expanded upon too.
YES! I thought that adding vocals into B2W2 music was such a step forward for GameFreak. I might be disappointed if they don't carry this over into X and Y. After all, the 3DS would be a much better system for this since they can operate with higher sound quality.

Years

Yeah, I did love the whole B/W and B2/W2 soundtrack in general. Let's hope the X/Y soundtrack isn't a major disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back