• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

What's your ancestry?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
just a lot of dead people.

but i spit in a tube for ancestry dna and will let you know where that gets me. my so does genealogy and i already know a lot already, but this will give me specifics.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
article-1083945-02626B9C000005DC-723_634x854.jpg

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I've been told that I/my family is of primarily German and Dutch descent, with traces of other things in there. Not entirely sure when exactly the ancestors came to the US, but it was at least before my grandparent's generation.

Would kind of be interesting to take one of those tests, but I cba to get around to it

Last edited:

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
i don't know i'm not american i never really cared. I'd say Dutch descent but the country is so small that I doubt there is something even remotely genetically dutch. I tend to tell people my parents are a cauliflower and a cloud because I'm just so white, though.

Years
Various European backgrounds is pretty much all I know. I know for certain I have German in me, and while I have yet to take a DNA test for myself (someday, maybe), apparently some of the others include French, British, and...some Scandinavian country, I forget if it was Swedish or Norwegian. Other than that, I have no idea.

(I know more about my mom's side than my dad's side, or at least I know a tiny bit about my mom's. I know nothing about my dad's.)

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Years
From most to least of my heritage, I have British, Irish, Welsh, German, French, and Southest African.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 23, 2024
I am Chinese as far as I know
let's see
oo did you do the thing where you spit in a tube? How much does it cost? I had a friend do it and I think his kit costed like a hundred bucks, which seemed a little steep to me and I didn't care enough to try it for that price.

Years
I am Chinese as far as I know

oo did you do the thing where you spit in a tube? How much does it cost? I had a friend do it and I think his kit costed like a hundred bucks, which seemed a little steep to me and I didn't care enough to try it for that price.

That was actually my mom's test, which is as close as I'll get for now! I'd like to do a test on myself soon but I know results will be very similar with a bit of Greek and Turkish mixed in. Planning to in the near future so I'll let you know how it works. \o/ I have heard they go on sale relatively often around holidays though.

Years
I would do that if it didn't cost so much. My family, on both sides, is split up so much that my mother and father knew very little but from my last post here I found out my paternal grandparents are from the UK and my mom's grandparents are native

Back