• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
Wait, so does that mean that you'll have to SR even after the bar drops? So you'll never even know?
On Emerald version, SRing slowly is always a good thing, since it enlarges the "population" of PVs you're drawing from, raising the odds that somewhere in there is a shiny.

I got bored and took my busted DS apart yesterday, and found out it wasn't just a loose wire or any of that, one of those little orange film-like wires was torn, somehow.
Those ribbon cables send the data to the screens. Breaking one of those will make a screen go blank, or mostly blank. Messed-up soft resetting couldn't be caused by that. (Or you're talking about a different DS.)

Hey MM, I'm now SRing for Totodile om Emerald. When do the numbers of the RNG get picked, right when I received Toto or after? This way I'll know when I need that time to be 3-4 seconds.
Right when it goes do-do-do-ding! You've received a Totodile! Since there's that screen of text, you'll probably be drawing from mostly a different population of PVs.

I gave up on SRing a Chikorita this way, so I wouldn't hold out. We should also all know how I spent 40,000+ SRs on Treecko on this Emerald and had nothing to show for it.

Once I break my ***** chain, I'll go SR some Rotom, since he looks enough like a Christmas ornament. :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
I was sitting on a 42 chain of Snover last night, and after 3 hours of resetting, I put the DS in sleep mode. I woke up this morning, and increased my chain to 43 when a shiny patch finally appeared(I had the chain to 40 for several hours before I got frustrated and increase the chain). I got my first shiny Christmas tree, a male shiny Snover ^_^. Doesn't matter if its chained, still love it anyway.

I'll try for 1 more, then I'll get back to SRing for shiny Darkrai. I didn't do a lot of resets yesterday, so I'm going to try and see if my game is lucky and finally gives me the shiny.

EDIT: Broke the chain at 67, so I ended up with a Calm, Quick Tempered, shiny male Snover. Now that that is done, back to the Darkrai hunt. SHINE Darkrai SHINE!! Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and you enjoyed your gifts ^_^.

Last edited:
Years
Congrats on the Rudolph Stantler DDD
>.> Something's changed? You DO know that it's my job to piss people off such as what I did to you?
Almost up to 40 on Gligar.
And I quickly hit post, so just an edit, Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas/blah blah blah :P

Years
Well, a damn safe patch broke my chain.
Chaining sucks.
Congrats D-King
Maybe I'll screw around with the RNG Today.
How many seconds of waiting must your RNG be for a shiny Totodile?
Is it the exact same thing as a normal starter? (As in the beginning of the game)

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Omg so the RNG affects the starters too? 8D
-ditches legendaries and goes back to SRing for Cyndaquil-
Erm, congrats on the lovely shiny Totodile, as well as all of the other new shinies. And I have an SP just like that. ^_^
I avoid posting here because I have nothing new. D/
I EV trained my shiny Buneary.. Yay. -scurries-

Aaryn

I Want a DS!!!
Years
hi guys, I was curious to see if this still existed and how was it doing... as I see.. you guys are still shiny hunting... Wow... Never thought I'd be part of something so "big".

My life has changeed a lot. I don't eveen play pokemon anymore. Don't have time... but oh well.. I drop by once in a while (BIG, BIG while). My neverending hours of resetting and hatching, my endless walks through high grass seem to be over.

Maybe I will try to hunt again when a new pokemon game comes out? who knows...

I see Metal Mario is still here. Greetings to him, he has done a lot for the club.

Merry Christmas to you all.

BG pokemon freak

Has 6 Shiny pokemon ... YAY
Years
WOW ... I'm gonna count this as a Christmas gift ... or even a christmas miracle .... Aaryn ... here again :) nice.
wtah the ..... you didn't think taht it would be so BIG ... thrust me it will continue to be big ;)
I thought I would get a shiny as a gift from the games ...but i didn't :P so ... back to hunting
oh yeah, Merry Christmas to everyone

Aaryn

I Want a DS!!!
Years
WOW ... I'm gonna count this as a Christmas gift ... or even a christmas miracle .... Aaryn ... here again :) nice.
wtah the ..... you didn't think taht it would be so BIG ... thrust me it will continue to be big ;)
I thought I would get a shiny as a gift from the games ...but i didn't :P so ... back to hunting
oh yeah, Merry Christmas to everyone

It's no miracle that I show up. Im glad this club is as it is. I've been reading some pages back... Awesome.

I suppose i'll be around for a while.

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
Years
Your back?!

nice
welcome back.

still no new shinys :( I was hoping for a DS and pokemon pearl for christmas but I didnt get any of them :(...
so yea.

Merry Christmas SHC

Years
hi guys, I was curious to see if this still existed and how was it doing... as I see.. you guys are still shiny hunting... Wow... Never thought I'd be part of something so "big".

My life has changeed a lot. I don't eveen play pokemon anymore. Don't have time... but oh well.. I drop by once in a while (BIG, BIG while). My neverending hours of resetting and hatching, my endless walks through high grass seem to be over.

Maybe I will try to hunt again when a new pokemon game comes out? who knows...

I see Metal Mario is still here. Greetings to him, he has done a lot for the club.

Merry Christmas to you all.

It's no miracle that I show up. Im glad this club is as it is. I've been reading some pages back... Awesome.

I suppose i'll be around for a while.
COME BACK, AND STAY BACK :P
Breaking a year of silence... mysterious.
woah wait a minute what is this RNG thing ima confused
Look up Emerald RNG Trick.
Still no no shinies.
Such unfairness.
>: P
GL people

Mateus_

Retired Hunter.
Years
wow I see some verry old members are comming back!
maybe the start of a new gold era for the club? :D
btw I got the shiny rotom :D
yes, it was yesterday... this is my xmas poke :D
couldn't post cause after I got it couldn't come to the computer cause I was with my family :D
here the picture :~
Spoiler:

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
To be quite honest, they'll probably stop posting after Christmas Break is over. This isn't anything special...

Started SRing for Articuno yesterday. I have no idea how many soft resets I have for any of my targets, but I'm thinking it's somewhere above 10,000 for all them. I have been hunting for a while now...

Years
That's a nice thought to think ^^ :\
Well, I'm gonna catch a powerful Dialga, and just skip the shiny hunt for now. I'm sick of seeing it constantly being the same, even though I only have around 1,500 resets. So back to Uxie I go!
Hopefully it will shine VERY quickly, as all of Mateus' Pokes have been.
I may try and chain something, but every time I chain the game is always being retarded and spitting out Biberal in a Sneasel Safe Patch.
Good luck all!

Mateus_

Retired Hunter.
Years
I'm thinking about buying a pokemon emerald and a fire red after I get all the shiny legends...
what do u think about it?...
good luck everyone on the hunts :P

Years
Firered, go for it.
Emerald, you'd be better off with Ruby or Sapphire.

Goin' for Uxie big time now, I'm gonna be SRing as much as I can today.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Well I've been SRing for shiny Darkrai in Platinum, but nothing has appeared yet. I'm around the 3000 SR mark for the dark menace, and I hope that it will appear before the end of this year. SHINE Darkrai.

I've also spent time on another one of my hunts yesterday. I've gotten 305 SR's for this shiny target, most of you can probably guess which Pokemon this is :p.

Congrats to new shinies. Something shine for me!

Back