• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Trick or Treaters?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 22, 2018
Edit from Ursula: the original thread was "How many people have knocked on your door this Halloween?", but October has only just begun. Therefore...do you or your family pass out candy on Halloween? If so, how many people normally stop by?

4 for us, so far :D All during dinner, surprisingly. :(
However, we only opened the door to one... and stated we didn't believe in it :3

If they don't ask trick or treat, or something to that effect, they don't count. And it only counts if it is on the 31st!

Oh, and post in this whenever it suits your timezone :>

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Hi there! It's only the beginning of October, so I don't think many people have a bunch of Trick or treaters quite yet.

My family has never passed out candy at our house - I grew up in the country off a highway. Then, I lived in apartment complexes without Trick or Treaters.

Now that we live in a house in the city, this will be my first Halloween to pass out candy. I'm pretty excited! I feel like we'll get a lot of trick or treaters Bc this is a very big neighborhood

Years
Halloween isn't a super big thing in my neighborhood I think so I'm expecting it to kinda be a normal day like it was last year, unfortunately. I think I'd have to be more in the city proper to really get a feel of the Halloween spirit.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
giphy.gif

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
We went two years straight with zero doorbells. Might change this year but eh we shall see. Not the same neighborhood it was say 15-20 years ago. Just no kids whatsoever.

Years
I live on a tucked away street without any kids so we rarely get trick-or-treaters (thankfully). We keep some stuff set aside in case anyone does show up though.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
I'm not trick or treating, even if the idea is fun to me and I do have a sweet tooth.

I'm very sensitive to a lot of the chemicals they add to comercial candies :/

I may, however, ask my brother to share some of his candies if i can figure out which have less chemical additives though. But I think its best I stick to eating stuff like all natural macarons and chocolate bars with no vanilan that i can find at whole foods and buy with my own money xD And watch scary halloween cartoons as I eat them lol

Sirfetch’d

I live way out in the middle of nowhere so I have never had a trick or treater :(

I used to go to my grandma's house and help her pass out candy once I finished trick or treating myself though. It was fun and something I look forward to doing once I get my own place in the city!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I'm deathly curious where you live, OP, if trick or treating is like... a month-long thing and you've already gotten trick or treaters. Because I need to go back in time and get my parents to move us there, thanks.

Anyway, last few years have been pretty good. We used to never get kids at our door because our townhouse complex was mostly students who didn't bother with candy, but a bunch of student housing high rises were built over the last little while and now the townhouses are a decent split of students and young families, so we get kids again. I love Halloween because all the little kids get so excited when they see all my Pokemon stuff as they climb the steps lmaoo. And last year I dressed my cat up as Pikachu and he LOVES people and especially greeting people at the front door and all the kids got so excited ahahaha. It was absolutely adorable. We got maybe 20-30 kids? Not a lot, but a decent amount.

This year I'll proooobably be at my dad's house and I have no idea what his Halloween attendance is like.

mikey

Discord Lead
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
We get a lot of trick-or-treaters. Mostly smaller kids, but some teens as well. This is the first year I won't be home to do it since I moved out, so I am not sure how this year will go.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
As long as I've lived here, we have literally never gotten trick-or-treaters. Not once. Ever. And we probably never will; not a lot of kids live around in my apartment complex.

Last edited:

Bay

Years
Ever since I moved to a new neighborhood a few years ago there have been several trick and treaters that would drop by my place. Always cute seeing the kids in their costumes and excited to get candy.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
Candy is nice and all but I like strawberries more x3

I bet if we all ate a lot of strawberries on halloween we'd be less likely to get sick ^_^

Still sorta wish i could go trick or treating anyways cuz its kinda fun lol still... :P i wouldn't wanna mess with artificially flavored stuff o.o;;; its been even known to give me allergies to health foods in the past! O_o;;;

That would be awesome if chocolate covered strawberries were something you could get trick or treating lol I probably would actually want to consider going just for them xD

*is a bit strawberry obsessed right now xD*

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
this halloween im gonna go trick-or-treating in manchester, virginia and get arrested because it's illegal to do that now if you're over 12 years old

i've already got a jumpsuit as my costume, totally psyched for the jail cell

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
For the last four Halloweens I've been working, normally until 11 o'clock at night, so I haven't been home to see Trick or Treaters walking around.

A few years ago when I was home we got a few, but we live in an apartment, so we can watch them wander outside but they don't really stop here. lol

Which is a shame, because I love Halloween, so I miss living in a house and seeing trick or treaters!

Though, my workplace is really festive, and we sell Halloween pasteries, and usually massive amounts of candy, and we're allowed to dress up there. We also have a fair amount of trick or treaters that come into the store, because the entire shopping square has a set up for them where most stores pass out candy. There's also a costume contest, so if employees are the best dressed they win cash prizes, and seeing all the little kids that come in dressed up is adorable. :>

Back