• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

best year of your life

Years
im still waiting for mine

edit: this isnt meant to be an emo post lol ive just been through a lot even in my childhood days so there hasn't been one year that was particularly standout over another to my knowledge.

Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
probably 2016
i made a lot of new friends both irl and on pc discord back when that was new, i started learning to program and make bots, and i learned that good music actually exists

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I don't really know. All my years have had their ups and downs. 2006 was pretty awesome, I think. Graduated ninth grade, started high school and fell in love and some other very teenagy shit but mostly positive iirc.

2011 was also mostly amazing but had its downs too. Same with 2012 and 2013. Those three years were thoroughly enjoyable at its peaks though.

idk about the years after i became an adult lol, anything after the awful 2015 is kind of a blur tbh??

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
2018 just because I'm not really sick and currently not depressed and that's kinda where the bar is atm

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
Mmmmm, that's a tough one! I'm still waiting for the best years of my life to happen.. but it's getting better!

I'd say 2014 or 2015, because my relationship with my ex was really nice back then, and we went to a lotta cons, and had tons of fun.

At the same time, I was still getting through lots of depression at that time, so it had good moments but it wasn't a good year, necessarily.

I'd say last year might've been my best year, pouring into the start of this year, because I was more active, and got closer to some friends, and made some new ones. Found of a lot of peace with myself, and my job, and things with my girlfriend were good, and I barely felt depressed at all. It was wild because I felt way more free than I had before. It was mostly due to inner peace, I guess. Things are a lull right now, but I'm pushing to pick them back up again. :>

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Best year is always the current year for me. Namely because each year brings a lot of bad times so it's great to move on to the next year and leave those bad times behind.

Years
oh man
2015 probably. It started off horribly, but I did meet my current boyfriend that year and that's been neato. I also moved to a bigger city to live with my boyfriend AND his cat, and I made a bunch of new friends.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Hm. I guess mostly this last year? Specifically from end of April 2017 to I guess April-ish this year. I got my cat at the end of April after wanting one for literal decades of my life and he's absolutely everything I've ever wanted. He's beautiful, the perfect level of fluff, vocal, and he utterly adores me as much as I adore him. ;__; I was so horrifically depressed before I got him and now, a year and a half later, I'm officially off my antidepressants and doing so much better.

During that time I also finally graduated university and although I have yet to find a job (hence the rest of this year not being as great LOL), that was such a big accomplishment for me. It took me a really long time because of my chronic conditions and sometimes I just thought I'd never make it but... I did! I also found my stride in managing said conditions and my health has been better than ever. :)

Years
I really miss my high school years... If I have to pick one, I would say 2014, because that's a year when I did so many crazy things and survived it all!

Honest

Hi!
Years
Hard to pick, honestly. I have two answers, really:

2018 -- I've been working full time at a job I love, been in a relationship for a few years with the girl I love, I'm getting closer and closer to being financially independent. I have the ability to do what I want when I want, and I rarely have to worry about money. I've also had the opportunity to travel the United States for free thanks to work.

2014 -- Freshman and sophomore years of college. A L C O H O L. Fun. No responsibilities besides school which I probably could have done better at that particular time, but didn't flunk (I did graduate Cum Laude, so I saved myself I guess lmao).

I guess you can say 2018 is fun as an adult while 2014 was fun as a kid lol.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
i guess this year. as lonely as it's been having no local friends, i met my boyfriend for the first time this year and i got to see him again a month after. it was lovely. that's really been the only good part of this year tbh though. i'll also get to see him again for christmas during this year so that's something to look forward to. ;v;

Sirfetch’d

This year I think. Nothing in particular has happened but I am finally OK financially and have not had any insurmountable stress over the past few months.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
2004 and 2017.

Were both highlights for me ^_^

I would say in a way this year is among my best, too, although theres been very harsh moments....soooo i'll just stick to 2004 (the year of my awesome mark in the pokemon fandom with my old forum and stuff) and 2017 (the year i discovered my love for the wonderful corni<3), for now xD;

mikey

Discord Lead
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Honestly I think I am still waiting for mine.

2015 was pretty great though. I graduated college which was a big deal for me.

Years
Oh wow. This is hard.

I don't actually remember 2013 in detail, but I do know that my happiness was peaked and I found myself a bit. Well sure, I was an asshole back then and a bit negative, but that didn't dampen the general epicness of the year. 2014 was okay and this year is excellent. The year that I was four, though, was pretty great. A little psychological damage was done and misery/rage was broad and long-winded, but who cares? I had a suntan!

Wait, I just remembered some really depressing stuff so I might take that back lmao.

It's a tie between 2013 and 2018 - this year, I saw The Last Jedi in cinemas and live music, watched a heckload of awesome shows, primed my singing voice and have taken up writing in a big way. I'm usually happy everyday, too, so that's brilliant.

Back