• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Aqua/Magma Fanclub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
I hate that you have to go to an event to get guys like victini because I just got my game a few weeks ago and it said in one of the booklets in the case that the event happened months ago... Man that ticks me off.

Snivy is so awesome but its evolution line doesn't learn all that many moves outside of the grass and normal type with the exception of status moves.

I agree there, since there are some pokemon that were given months before you get a game or such.....darkrai and deoxys....and I end up not getting my favorite. But if you want a victini, my sister MIGHT let you have it...if she doesn't want somehow. But I let my Snivy use TM's that are physical attack since it has a high attack.

To get on Topic, Do you think Team Magma or Team Aqua might ever expand to other Regions? Yes or No?

Artemus D'Moniz

Team Magma Leader
Years
Absolutely. We simply must spread to other regions. Why stop at Hoenn. We have a formidable enough force to take on Team Rocket from Johto and Team Plasma from Unova. We would however be at a slight disadvantage in terms of environment familiarity, but being the elite force we are we could find ways around that.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Well of course Aqua should expand! Johto and Unova especially are suffering from a lack of the beneficial sea, and it is our duty to help the people and Pokémon of the regions in that way.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
Bump.

This thread is actualy doing a lot better than it looks because we have more posts than a few of the other groups on the front page.

My idea of expanding to another region involves artillery, snipers, jet fighters, aircraft carriers, nuclear submarines, howitzers and tanks and LOTS of them =D or since I'm a star wars fan battle droids would work too.

If guns exist in pokemon (atleast in the cartoon) then why don't us bad guy teams ever use them?

The earth landmass is key to military strength aswell because otherwise you need to use aircraft carrirs which cost a lot to land your planes when even a simple island can be transformed into an airstrip surrounded by mortars to repel lanbding crafts. When it comes to military I like being on the defensive side. Forts win wars ;P

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Bump.

This thread is actualy doing a lot better than it looks because we have more posts than a few of the other groups on the front page.

My idea of expanding to another region involves artillery, snipers, jet fighters, aircraft carriers, nuclear submarines, howitzers and tanks and LOTS of them =D or since I'm a star wars fan battle droids would work too.

If guns exist in pokemon (atleast in the cartoon) then why don't us bad guy teams ever use them?

The earth landmass is key to military strength aswell because otherwise you need to use aircraft carrirs which cost a lot to land your planes when even a simple island can be transformed into an airstrip surrounded by mortars to repel lanbding crafts. When it comes to military I like being on the defensive side. Forts win wars ;P

Yeah, it's doing way better than others., as for the guns, well, we all know it's for kids, I don't think they would add that though. XD

When it comes to expanding, I agree too. All my reasons are actually already said, so I'll just say the same things you all did. :)

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
I realy should gt the 3ds but I was (and still am) angry that I got the dsi extra lage version for my birthday last fall and before it can even gather a dust particle they already seem to have a new system out. I hope all the generation 5 games remain in use for a regular ds because I'm not goig to buy that thing THIS soon. I try to run my things into the ground before I replace them. Like my old gamecube system. Then I may be able to play a RSE remake if it comes out and get to battle my two favorite bad guy teams =D

Oh and I won't be online untill sometime the beggining of next week. Hope it doesn't get too quiet here without me =(.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
I realy should gt the 3ds but I was (and still am) angry that I got the dsi extra lage version for my birthday last fall and before it can even gather a dust particle they already seem to have a new system out. I hope all the generation 5 games remain in use for a regular ds because I'm not goig to buy that thing THIS soon. I try to run my things into the ground before I replace them. Like my old gamecube system. Then I may be able to play a RSE remake if it comes out and get to battle my two favorite bad guy teams =D

Oh and I won't be online untill sometime the beggining of next week. Hope it doesn't get too quiet here without me =(.

I am not a fan or like the 3DS that much, so I kinda got restricted since some games are only playable through the 3DS, but pokemon, I hope, stays on the younger DS games. Don't worry though, I'll keep the club running. c:

If they do make a R/S/E remake, it would be much better if they stick with the same plot and same items...no new items and such. The only difference I would like to see if an enchanced 3D, added pokemon from other regions to the game, and probably WIFI and such. It would be good to play it like the old days, have the same soundtrack as in the R/S/E, and not new ones. They better stick with the same Team Magma/Aqua design and pokemon...it would be off if they changed them a bit.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
Speaking of pokemon I'd like to point out how awesome groudon is =).

Groudon's ability allows it to use solar beam for a massive blow to water types like kyogre. Its ability also boosts its fire moves like fire blast which is what mine knows.

Then it has a massive stab move with earthquake being 100 damage 100 accuracy.

After that you've got a free moveslot for whatever you want! It could be another attack move for more coverage such as shadow claw or dragon tail Or a more helpful move such as rest, bulk up, stealthrock (not sure if it could learn that in gen 4), thunder wave, swords dance or toxic.

Kyogre may have earthquake and ice beam to cover its weaknesses but most water types can learn ice beam to begin with aswell as surf and hydro pump. Other moves only consist of calm mind, rest, toxic and thunderwave

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
Team members who raise a zubat and its evolutions would know that they can learn quite a few moves to mak use of.
It's one of the only pokemon I like to have the move fly because I can utilize it well with its other moves. For example I use it to stall while allowing my toxic to wear down the opponent. Then my third move would be something like u-turn to annoy the opponent with not very effective switchouts then Giga drain for more stalling hp and special attack coverage.

Poochyena is actualy a realy cute pokemon with an awesome evolution. Grimsley in the gen 5 elite four is stupid to use a liapard which looks and sounds terrible rather than an epic mightyena. Sadly its moves are limited. My moveset for it is:
Crunch- Powerful stab.
Toxic- Awesome move to have.
dig- Hurts steel types or forces them to switch out.
torment- Limits your opponent's attack options.

Cammerupt is at a disadvantage with its 4x weakness to water but can be quite reliable. It was given the ability solid rock which means your devistating 4x weakness to water is now only 3x if I'm correct and weakness to the ever common earthquake would be reduced aswell.
I give mine the following moveset:
Overheat- Massive stabbed damage but not to be used in succession.
Earthquake- More massive stab.
Stone edge- For better coverage.
Explosion- I go out with a bang.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
Message deleted. Reason: "Not related to the topic at all"

I never really use Pokemon like Zubat or it's evolutions. I think that stalling a battle doesn't match up with my team. I use Mightyena, and if I remember correctly, couldn't it learn Shadow Ball? Dig was a requirement for my Mightyena, as you could only get it once in the R/S/E series. Plus it was a necessity to capture the Regi's. To stay on topic, I preferred Torkoal over Camerupt. Torkoal, even at a high level, can be a dominator with Smokescreen, then for some quick damage, use Flamethrower. Top it all off with Overheat. If all else fails, the fourth move can be a defensive one like Protect or Safeguard. Just my opinions, though.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
So sorry for my inactivity, I was busy really, and, well, to tell the truth, I was pushed to get off the computer due to frying it while on the Get Together 8. Too bad it went to waste after what happened, but I DID work on the new pokemon. Here are some suggestions so you can all help me narrow it down.

Generation I: Magikarp(Aqua)-Vulpix(Magma). I was thinking of using Growlithe, but it wouldn't fit since they are already used for the police team.
Generation II: Marill/Azurill or Chinchou(Aqua)-Houndour(Magma)
Generation III is already chosen obviously.
Generation IV: Buizel or Finneon(Aqua)-Help me here, all I got is Magby(Magma)
Generation V: Frillish or Basculin(Aqua)-Darumaka or Heatmor(Magma)

Any better suggestions, please post or something. On Aqua, most of their water type involve fish, and that's why I try to stay on the fish side here...

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
Well Team aqua in the cartoon used a crawdaunt on the roof of the devon corporation in one episode I remember. So couldn't they use craby or kingler in kanto? It fits their personality I think

Team magma is always limited due to the low number of fire types but there are some good ones. The magmar family sounds okay aswell as vulpix. Don't forget they can use ground types such as the Geodude line, rhyhorn line, onix line and any other ground type you can think of for any of the generations. The way I see it is their name may be magma which represents fire but their motive supports ground types.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Well Team aqua in the cartoon used a crawdaunt on the roof of the devon corporation in one episode I remember. So couldn't they use craby or kingler in kanto? It fits their personality I think

Team magma is always limited due to the low number of fire types but there are some good ones. The magmar family sounds okay aswell as vulpix. Don't forget they can use ground types such as the Geodude line, rhyhorn line, onix line and any other ground type you can think of for any of the generations. The way I see it is their name may be magma which represents fire but their motive supports ground types.

Very well, I will get down to that as soon as possible. Thanks for the help, now I got more pokemon in mind. Oh, and I forgot all about that Crawdaunt...yes, it's possible. Any other suggestions guys? I'll be working on a new list soon then.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
Username: TurkishDelight
Team: Aqua! Water for life!
Partner Pokémon: Carvannah
Anything Else: Eh... not at the moment..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back