The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio Sideshow Showcase
Yellow Evo-Yellow - All Pokemon Follow, Evolve Pikachu, catchable 230+ pokemon (Eevee starter version testers wanted!)

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.

View Poll Results: If I made a spin-off version with a different 1-evo pokemon starter, which would you want most?
Meowth (I strongly lean this way because Team Rocket had following Meowth/ kitty is cute.) 56 25.11%
Magikarp (might be hard to draw emotions... I mean, it's a fish) 26 11.66%
Vulpix 47 21.08%
Eevee - with one Happiness evo only, alas; other evos in wild. Rival has other Eevee evo or Pikachu. 84 37.67%
Other (Light, black, or Pikachu-similar palettes preferred so I don't have to mess with it >_>) 10 4.48%
Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 8th, 2016 (9:42 AM). Edited July 16th, 2018 by longlostsoldier.

Nature: Quiet
    EVO-YELLOW

It always really annoyed me you can't evolve Pikachu and catch all 151+ Johto-mons. So time to fix that.
    (Note: If you vote on the poll 'Other', you need to comment because I am not a mind reader, I can't tell which 'Other' pokemon you wanted.)

Latest Updates: Reverted Raichu battle cry, which was causing crashes. >_>
    Beach house fixed so it no longer crashes your game and you should be able to play the minigame whenever you want, just like the virtual 3ds version. Move deleter and relearner implemented.
    The item crash bug should be fixed also.
    I've got an Eevee version basically done, I need people to test it to catch any weird emotion image glitches I may have missed!

By popular demand, there is now a Github of EvoYellow, it's a giant mess; there's a bunch of unused files here and there, and you can see the unfinished Meowth pics too just layin' there. >_> But, you can go fiddle about with it if you like.

Raichu Walking Sprite (on evolution!), New multiple-shiny forms!

Features:
    +Get any of the 151.
    +Eevee as starter in the Eevee version, evolve to Sylveon via happiness (emotion sprite stays eevee for now, still under development, open to the idea of different eevee evolutions here instead).
    +Evolve Pikachu into Raichu. (Depending on happiness, emotion sprites will be Pikachu or Raichu; Pikachu can evolve by happiness now!*) Raichu will still follow, and will update its sprite.
    *Don't do the potion trick at the start of the game. I made it so that won't work. :P Forgot to mention that earlier, sorry. Battle with Pikachu when Pikachu is happy.
    + Move deleter
    + New Emotion sprites, Raichu Faces (not all were used, grumpy ones kept pikachu face due to evolving by happiness thing.)
    Spoiler:

Shocks:
    surprise:

miserable/sick:

part of a face:

meh:
    rejection:

heart:
    hearts:
    full hearts:
    bucket:

bobface???:
    scared of ghosts:
    sigh:
    miffed:
    woke up:

happy:

laugh

angry:

confused:

+Ride a Pokemon with a Saddle.
    +Press B to run.
    +Play as Boy or Girl (Thanks to Red++). Pokemon have genders too.
    + Level up enough, Pikachu learns Surf. :D Also Raichu learns it from HM too.
    +Modified Trainers to make their teams a bit more interesting. Bosses have more pokemon now, like I felt they should. Blaine now has a Rhydon just like in the anime, Brock a Vulpix, etc. If you have a diverse team, or are good with strategy, this doesn't really make things too much harder.
    +Pokemon names are decapitalized now.
    + Uber basic hold item system, Chow (replaces potion in-game), Full Heal and Berry Juice are the only heal-items pokemon use as of now. Unfortunately so bare bones it doesn't properly do item removal, should get around to that sometime.
    + Move Relearner (ported from Red++)
    +Multi-Shinies
    + As of v3, all pokemon follow!

Pokemon Route Changes: (probably a few extra I forgot somewhere :P. Like Stantler.)
    Spoiler:

Mansion: Weezing, Magmar, Slugma
    Rock Tunnel: Electabuzz, Jynx, Tyrogue
    Seafoam: Rare Jynx, Sneasel
    Route 6: Meowth
    Route 4: Meowth, Ekans
    Route 7: Houndour
    Cerulean Water: Corsola
    Mt Moon: Swinub, Teddiursa, Phanpy, Gligar
    Eevee in wild Route 9 encounter.
    Route 10: Mareep
    Diglett Cave: Ekans, Koffing
    Unknown Dungeon: Machamp, Alakazam, Golem, Gengar, Mew
    Forest: Weedle, Kakuna, Venonat, rarely Butterfree, Beedrill (I've done the training thing for them a thousand times... the grind is dull for a poke you'll just box anyway. :P)
    Route 15: Rare Marill.
    Route 17: Miltank, Skarmory
    Route 22: Rare Psyduck, Hoothoot, Wooper, Murkrow.
    Route 18: Rare Yanma
    Route 19: Marill
    20, 21 (dun remember which): Chinchou, Skarmory, Kabuto and Omanyte
    Route 1: Hoothoot. Sunkern. Hoppip.
    Route 2: Sandshrew. Togepi.
    Ghost Tower: Misdreavus, Vulpix
    Victory Road: Heracross

Type Changes:
    Steel, Dark, Fairy added.
    To species: (I will probably produce a normal version without the following changes)
    Spoiler:
    Rattata is now part dark type (like Alolan form). Meowth and Arbok are also dark. Granbull is Dark/Fairy.
    Sandshrew line is steel/ice.
    Onix is rock/steel.
    Ninetales is fire/ghost (or should I make it Fire/Fairy to more closely match Alolan form?).
    Marowak is ground/ghost.
    Venonat Bug/Psychic.
    Seadra Water/Dragon.
    Hypno Psychic/Dark,
    Kingler Water/Steel,
    Rapidash Fire/Fairy,
    Electabuzz Electric/Fighting,
    Magmar Fire/Fighting,
    Golduck Water/Psychic.
    Diglett, Dugtrio Ground/Steel (thanks for telling me the Alolan version, guys)
    Starmie Water/Electric, Scyther Steel/Bug (old v1 version only)
    Graveler, Golem Rock/Electric
    Kabutops Ground/Water
    Porygon part electric
    Yanma line part dragon; Yanmega learns Dragonbreath
    Sunkern Fire/grass
    Hoothoot Flying/ghost
    Stantler Ice
    Corsola Water/grass
    Sudowoodo Bug/rock (because it reminds me of a stick insect, a 'sudo' means fake)
    Ampharos Electric/Dragon
    Dunsparce normal/dragon
    Delibird fire/ice
    Octillery fire/water
    Furret normal/ghost as an experiment

Level up at 50 for the four trades-evolvers, Kadabra, Machoke, Graveler, Haunter.

TM Changes
    Spoiler:

Whirlwind replaced by Roost TM.
    Venusaur learns Earthquake via TM.
    Golem has been given electric TMs.
    Golduck learns Psychic by TM.
    Scyther,Dragonite,Golbat,Beedrill,Butterfree learn Fly.
    Other little changes I don't remember. :P

Move Changes:
    Spoiler:

Whirlwind replaced by Roost.
    Wrap, Rage are less annoying, wrap power increased to make up for no longer trapping.
    Gust, Razorwind updated to flying type. Karate Chop is Fighting.
    Cut, Flash, Sonicboom, Supersonic and Spike Cannon now steel type.
    Vicegrip is now Bug type. Scyther can learn it now.
    Struggle Unknown Type.
    Lick, Leech Life, Poison Sting, boosted to 40 power.
    Pin Missile got boosted power like later gens.
    Doubleslap, Comet Punch, Tri Attack are Fairy. Tri Attack given to Fairies in learnup.
    Wing Attack, Mega Drain, Acid boosted to 60. Charizard learns Wing Attack.
    Sludge is 85 now. More Pokemon learn it now.
    Submission boosted to 100.
    Bite, Hyper Fang are dark now. New dark types have been given at least one of these (for instance, Rattata now learns Bite).
    Dragon Rage uses Rage Effect. Charizard, Seadra and Beedrill can learn it.
    Psyduck learns Psychic eventually,
    and other lots of moveset changes.

+Added Physical/Special Split.

In addition to the above, more moves have been added, like Fairy Wind, Crunch, Steel Claw. 2.7+ Update: And now, Mirror Coat!
    2.8: Hidden Power, which is decided by type instead of stats right now, because restarting a million times to get that Hidden Power Grass Pikachu is incredibly annoying.

Minor changes: Sandshrew is now blue in recognition of its new steel/ice typing. Rattata and Raticate are colored differently too.
    Pikachu on level up will evolve into Raichu if she/he has 160 happiness; shortly after the 'fist raised animation' appears, that is. Moon Stone now sold in Celadon, and there are other, brand new Love, Frost, and Sun stones elsewhere.

New Species!:
    Spoiler:

Togepi and kin, (level up, then love stone for final evo)
    Houndour, Houndoom,
    Heracross,
    Umbreon (Moon Stone evo) and its kin (all evo by item),
    Scizor (Sun Stone)
    Steelix (Sun Stone)
    Crobat (Love Stone)
    Politoed (Sun Stone)
    Slowking (Frost Stone)
    Bellossom (Sun stone on Gloom)
    Kingdra (frost stone)
    Blissey (love stone)
    Porygon2 (thunder stone)
    Magmortar (fire stone)
    Electivire (thunder stone)
    Magnezone (get with thunder stone on magneton)
    Rhyperior (level up)
    Tangrowth (leaf stone)
    Lickilicky (level up)
    Sneasel (frost stone, originally moon stone)
    Weavile
    Skarmory
    Misdreavus (moon stone)
    Mismagius
    Miltank
    Chinchou
    Lanturn (level up)
    Slugma
    Magcargo (level up)
    Tyrogue (level for Hitmontop, Frost and Sun for Hitmonchan and hitmonlees)
    Hitmontop
    Murkrow
    Honchcrow (moon stone)
    Marill
    Azumarill
    Swinub,
    Piloswine,
    Mamoswine (level up, lv 40)
    Wooper, (level 20)
    Quagsire
    Yanma,(evolves at level 33, same level Yanma learns ancientpower)
    Yanmega
    Porygon-Z (level up)
    Phanpy, Donphan
    Gligar, Gliscor (moon stone evo)
    Teddiursa, Ursaring
    Snubbull, Granbull
    Larvitar, Pupitar, Tyranitar
    Corsola
    Stantler
    Hoothoot, Noctowl
    Sunkern, Sunflora
    Mareep
    Hoppip
    The following are found not in the wild, but in trades or as prizes:
    Sudowoodo
    Wobbuffet
    Riolu (evolve with love stone)
    Dunsparce
    Qwilfish
    Delibird
    Remoraid
    Sentret (cheap game corner prize)

Updates:
    Spoiler:

Very small update 2.3, is compatible with 2.2 version saves: Fixed focus energy and backsprites. I accidentally used the wrong backsprite size for Wooper, my bad. It should be fixed now instead of showing up as a garbled mess.
    Update 2.4
    Save compatible with last version.
    Many, many trainer levels upped a bit, as previous versions were waayyyy too easy.
    Fixed palette problems for pokemon like bulbasaur (old frontsprite I kept from gen1 needed modification to match new backsprite), and changed pikachu's happiness requirement to evolve to 160; I accidentally had it too high. Fixed wrap /again/, as the whole randomness thing turned out to be annoying (and buggy as I accidentally missed modifying a section that calls on wrap last time. If you want to find and modify wrap for yourself you can just search through core.asm for 'wrap', it's commented quite nicely).
    Rage has now been fixed so you are not stuck using it forever but can switch moves.
    Wrap Fix. On first turn you can still attack normally, so you don't auto-die against faster wrap opponent.
    Update (2.5)
    Fixed Eevee's extra evos which weren't working, as the game didn't want to load more than 3 evolutions.
    fixed bug with physical/special not saying what kind it is (I forgot a line when I switched bases XD)
    fixed moves used after rage to say their proper names instead of claiming they are rage also.
    Tweaked trainers some more for better difficulty.
    I have made a very sucky Mt. Silver.
    Other little fixes not worth mentioning.
    Marill family, Swinub, Wooper, Yanma, and Porygon-Z.
    Pikachu now has Raichu walking sprite on evolution! Thanks Dannye!
    Title Screen now says Yellow Evo.
    Update 2.6
    (Save compatible with previous version)
    Fixed bug issue with Raichu following sprite.
    Added running (Pikachu will lag behind a bit).
    Fixed Raichu not being able to play the Surf game.
    Fixed Wooper evo. Wooper now evolves at level 20 like it is supposed to.
    Made Magmortar and Electivire part Fighting by popular demand.
    Made Porygon part electric.
    Whoops! Just noted Lickitung's evo was commented out by accident, quickly fixed that too.
    Update 2.7
    (Not save compatible with prev versions!)
    Mirror Coat move added.
    Ride pokemon indoors.
    Phanpy, Gligar, Teddiursa, Snubbull, Larvitar, and Wobbuffet added!
    Update 2.8
    Fixed Professor Oak, which was unbelievably annoying to do. I wasted hours on him. In the end I gave up and just replaced another trainer with him.
    MULTIPLE shiny types for every pokemon. There is now both a pink and blue shiny pikachu, and a Pikachu with Raichu's palette, for instance!
    Moar pokemon.
    Hidden Power, which I will probably continue to fiddle with. Pikachu will have Hidden Power Grass, like all with electric as their first type.
    Edited moves so that there are now moves that raise your attack and speed randomly, and Mud-slap lowers accuracy like it's supposed to. The raising attack doesn't work perfectly because if it works, it replays the animation. For testing, I have tackle and scratch as raising moves for now.
    V3:
    Lots of changes with this one. Items and all pokemon following, a couple new mons that I dun all remember right now... Oh, and I fixed Mt. Silver to work properly finally. >_>
    Bugfixed cycling road, added Raichu voice.
    Major bugfix for beach house! Shouldn't crash your game now and you should be able to play the minigame even without surf. Move deleter and relearners ported from Red++.
    3.2 Item bag crash fixed. Reverted Raichu cry in battle because it was causing pikachu's cry to drag and crash for some reason. Eevee version under development, fixed the glitchy walk to nurse joy in it via simply removing the walk. Sylveon is the happiness evo.

I lean against adding any more baby pokemon, (maybe one or two) I'm not a fan of them and would rather use the space for other johto pokemon, as space is limited. Fitting pichu in, for instance, would be awkward, although I guess I could make it so you started out with Pichu instead but how many people want to start the game with an angry baby?

Update: I've now hit the point where adding any pokemon runs up into the issue that all pokemon over number 201 get interpreted as trainers if seen in the wild. Very annoying, but easy to get around by trading or shuffling. I think fixing properly would require revamping the trainer ID system. Going to run out of spaces soon anyway.

Credits: Red++ for some stuff and code I ported over to Yellow, and Danny-E 33's Yellow Gen 2 Sprites Base, Yellow Disassembly.
    Evo-Yellow: 151 Evolve Raichu Hack, uses the Yellow Disassembly. Play as girl, ride a pokemon, special/physical, dark/fairy/steel types, new pokemon, gen 2 sprites, evolve Pikachu into Raichu and have them still follow you with new Raichu emotion sprites!
    Yellow Hack Tutorial
    Fire Yellow - A FireRed Hack & Yellow Remake with Following Pikachu
    Old November 9th, 2016 (10:37 AM).
    Nintendo is for awesome people

If you're finally making Pikachu evolve in Yellow, then how about changing the evolution methods for Kadabra, Machoke, Graveler, and Haunter too?

As for Ninetales, I think you should keep it as Fire/Ghost, since it's said to cast curses, which sounds more ghost-like.

Also, how about making Hypno Psychic/Dark, Kingler Water/Steel, Rapidash Fire/Fairy, Electabuzz Electric/Fighting, Magmar Fire/Fighting, and Golduck Water/Psychic?

Come play The Great Pokemon Battle 4!
      Old November 9th, 2016 (10:49 AM).

Quote:
        Originally Posted by longlostsoldier View Post
        EVO-YELLOW

Ride a Pokemon with a Saddle. Interestingly, my attempt at adding the girl bike led to 'BANK0 TOO FULL' so, hence riding on a pokemon replaces the bike.
        This is quite possibly the most stupidly brilliant thing I've ever read in a Pokemon hack thread.
        Old November 9th, 2016 (12:29 PM).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by classiccartoonsftw View Post
          If you're finally making Pikachu evolve in Yellow, then how about changing the evolution methods for Kadabra, Machoke, Graveler, and Haunter too?

As for Ninetales, I think you should keep it as Fire/Ghost, since it's said to cast curses, which sounds more ghost-like.

Also, how about making Hypno Psychic/Dark, Kingler Water/Steel, Rapidash Fire/Fairy, Electabuzz Electric/Fighting, Magmar Fire/Fighting, and Golduck Water/Psychic?
          Those are good suggestions. I will probably implement them. It's nice to have variety in typing - although there are several water/psychics already, so, unsure about Golduck, although it fits the change I made to Ninetales and Marowak so why not.

As an aside, you can actually use TGB dual to evolve and trade in Yellow version. But, that's kind of a pain, isn't it?
          Evo-Yellow: 151 Evolve Raichu Hack, uses the Yellow Disassembly. Play as girl, ride a pokemon, special/physical, dark/fairy/steel types, new pokemon, gen 2 sprites, evolve Pikachu into Raichu and have them still follow you with new Raichu emotion sprites!
          Yellow Hack Tutorial
          Old November 9th, 2016 (12:37 PM).

Quote:
            Those are good suggestions. I will probably implement them. It's nice to have variety in typing - although there are several water/psychics already, so, unsure about Golduck, although it fits the change I made to Ninetales and Marowak so why not.

As an aside, you can actually use TGB dual to evolve and trade in Yellow version. But, that's kind of a pain, isn't it?
            Yeah. If I were you, I'd make the trade evolutions evolve either by level, or by using a Moon Stone. Speaking of the Moon Stone, you should make it available at the Department Store, just like all the other evolution stones.

Speaking of Golduck, you could make it into a Water/Psychic type with high physical attack, to set it apart from Slowbro and Starmie. Or you could make Starmie Water/Electric alongside a Water/Psychic Golduck.

Also, could you perhaps make Venusaur learn Sludge by level, and Earthquake by TM?

Old November 9th, 2016 (6:44 PM).

Quote:
              Yeah. If I were you, I'd make the trade evolutions evolve either by level, or by using a Moon Stone. Speaking of the Moon Stone, you should make it available at the Department Store, just like all the other evolution stones.

Speaking of Golduck, you could make it into a Water/Psychic type with high physical attack, to set it apart from Slowbro and Starmie. Or you could make Starmie Water/Electric alongside a Water/Psychic Golduck.

Also, could you perhaps make Venusaur learn Sludge by level, and Earthquake by TM?
              Trades evolutions done by level, all at Lv 50. I also implemented your earlier typing ideas.

New update coming in a minute, as I just figured out how to get pikachu to evolve by happiness, one of my major goals! It went faster than I expected, being that I'm a novice. That just leaves the annoying walking sprite issue, which honestly I'm not sure I can fix at my novice level, although thankfully Nintendo's Pikachu sprite looks pretty good. You can still force evolve pikachu by thunder stone instead if you really want, for those people who cruelly box their pikachu and hate raising its happiness.

Moon Stone being available in shops is a good idea, since it's a 151 hack. I'd forgotten it can be hard to find enough moon stones to evolve all the mons, thanks.
              Yeah, I haven't looked at altering TMs yet, but that should be simple. I think I might have already altered Venusaur to have Sludge (like I did a number of poisons) but I'm not sure, need to double check as I forgot. Coulda sworn it already had earthquake but I guess that must be later gen.

I have difficulty seeing Starmie as part electric, but it would be different, give a great new typing (I always loved Lanturn) and definitely make the Misty battle harder, heh; I know putting Thunder on Starmie is a very popular moveset, so it wouldn't be that different in some ways. Although Starmie is one of my favorite psychics, won Pokemon Stadium with her. Losing that STAB would hurt a bit, although STAB thunder on Starmie is nothing to sniff at either.
              I think it might also be interesting to have Golduck Water/Dark instead as dark types often learn psychic moves too? Or would that just be counter-intuitive?

I've also made Golem pure rock in latest update; I believe this matches the Alolan form and would give it less weaknesses, although Geodude can stay part ground to add more difficulty against your starter Pikachu.

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Crystal_ View Post
              This is quite possibly the most stupidly brilliant thing I've ever read in a Pokemon hack thread.
              While this is the first time this has been implemented in Yellow and any 151 hack to my knowledge, I have to say I think I've seen similar ideas before, so I can't claim to be that brilliant, sorry. It is a shame more hacks don't use it, though.
              Yellow Hack Tutorial
              Old November 9th, 2016 (6:59 PM).

Nature: Careful
                Cute Raichu sprite!

You and I had some of the same ideas for retypings. If you make Starmie Water/Electric, I'd suggest leaving Golduck Water/Psychic to compensate. For more Dark types, how about Alolan Poison/Dark Muk? Also, Alolan Golem is Rock/Electric, and Alolan Dugtrio is Rock/Steel.

Will you add new-gen evolutions like Kingdra and Scizor?
                Old November 9th, 2016 (7:08 PM). Edited November 9th, 2016 by longlostsoldier.

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Rangi View Post
                  Cute Raichu sprite!

You and I had some of the same ideas for retypings. If you make Starmie Water/Electric, I'd suggest leaving Golduck Water/Psychic to compensate. For more Dark types, how about Alolan Poison/Dark Muk? Also, Alolan Golem is Rock/Electric, and Alolan Dugtrio is Rock/Steel.

Will you add new-gen evolutions like Kingdra and Scizor?
                  Ooh, I could have sworn I heard Alolan Golem was pure rock, my bad! Rock/Electric is definitely interesting. I'm not sure about making Dugtrio Rock/Steel; I already made Onix that, and we'd be left without any pure ground types.

And yeah, I made Arbok part dark when I should have made Muk part dark to match the Alolan. :P There's already a poison/dark in my game, I just made the wrong one dark because I wasn't paying attention, heh. I guess there is a good variety of dark types, three isn't too bad.
                  And okay, I guess I'll go with Starmie Water/Electric and Golduck Water/Psychic.

I'd love to add new gens, but that's hard because of the BANK0 full issue meaning the existing code from Red cannot just be ported over to dynamically load sprite banks - the code makes the bank too big, you see, and I haven't figured out how to get around that yet. The issue is not that sprites can't be added, there's still space; it's just that they load all messed up and looking like missingno. Maybe a more experienced ASM hacker could weigh in? I'm pondering if maybe I could sacrifice the two fossil sprites, since they load correctly and have a Missingno, I think. That would grant two new pokemon. Which should it be? I'm leaning Houndour line or Togepi because Togepi I feel should have been in Yellow like the anime, but Houndour is damn cool. :P

I did, as compensation for lack of new pokemon, give Scyther, Onix and Seadra the same typings as their evolved forms. Since Scyther has same stats as Scizor I think, that makes it pretty much identical, imo.
                  Yellow Hack Tutorial
                  Old November 9th, 2016 (7:33 PM).

Nature: Careful
                    My experience is with pokecrystal, not pokered/pokeyellow, but in general you should be able to move sections of code to another bank as long as they don't depend on anything in their old bank. (This means in pokecrystal that if routine A "call"s routine B, you should either keep them in the same bank or change it to a "farcall". I don't know the details of pokeyellow; maybe Crystal_ or Mateo can help?)
                    Old November 10th, 2016 (12:33 AM). Edited November 10th, 2016 by longlostsoldier.

That sounds like it should work. My first attempt at moving stuff around didn't work, but I bet it depended on something in that bank. Thanks.

Hmm, no, farcall doesn't seem to exist. Everything else in that bank seems to depend on each other. So, no new pokes for now.

edit:

OK, so, the Gen 2 Graphics Patch has it. And much nicer sprites, although I prefer Pikachu's Yellow Sprite tbh which is why I didn't use it before, but I could just copy it back. I think what I may do is restart over to Gen 2 Patch (or at least copy over its changes in bank0, although if I'm doing that I may as well update the whole thing). :/ Then I think I can do extra pokemon species. Pain in the rump, but okay-doke. As long as I remember where I made all my changes won't be that hard to just copy them, I guess, not like I have to actually redo.
                      Yellow Hack Tutorial
                      Old November 10th, 2016 (8:04 AM).

Quote:
                        Ooh, I could have sworn I heard Alolan Golem was pure rock, my bad! Rock/Electric is definitely interesting. I'm not sure about making Dugtrio Rock/Steel; I already made Onix that, and we'd be left without any pure ground types.
                        Did you make Onix Rock/Steel? You said in the OP that you made it Ground/Steel. If I were you, I'd make Onix Rock/Steel, and make Dugtrio Ground/Steel.

Old November 10th, 2016 (10:09 AM).
                        Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Rangi View Post
                          Alolan Dugtrio is Rock/Steel.
                          I'm pretty sure it's Ground/Steel. I know Diglett is Ground/Steel at least.
                          Old November 10th, 2016 (3:51 PM).

Quote:
                            Did you make Onix Rock/Steel? You said in the OP that you made it Ground/Steel. If I were you, I'd make Onix Rock/Steel, and make Dugtrio Ground/Steel.
                            Ah, my bad. My brain tends to blur Ground and Rock together. Alright, I will do that.
                            Yellow Hack Tutorial
                            Old November 12th, 2016 (9:59 AM).

Some good ideas in this. Have stats or move pools been changed? Would you consider making a harder version?
                              Old November 12th, 2016 (12:32 PM).

So you finally managed to add new Pokemon, didn't you? Could you perhaps add Marill, Azumarill, Crobat, Porygon2, Porygon-Z, Tangrowth, Lickilicky, Magnezone, Kingdra, and Blissey as well?

Old November 12th, 2016 (8:16 PM).

Pikachu Does not evolve through happiness, even though the OP says it does. I used the Potion at full health trick to get it to maximum happiness, leveled it up, and nothing. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or what?
                                  Old November 12th, 2016 (10:02 PM). Edited November 12th, 2016 by longlostsoldier.

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by SilverandBlaze View Post
                                    Pikachu Does not evolve through happiness, even though the OP says it does. I used the Potion at full health trick to get it to maximum happiness, leveled it up, and nothing. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or what?
                                    Oh, sorry, I made it so that trick wouldn't work. You do have to level it up some first. I did that so you wouldn't start the game with a Raichu. My bad. Get it past level 16 and /then/ you can do the potion hax if you really want to.

edit: Um I could remove the level requirement entirely if people want. It's just that without potion haxxing there's no normal way you'd have gotten a completely happy pikachu by the very beginning of the game so it's a little bit of a cheat.

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by ablahblah987 View Post
                                    Some good ideas in this. Have stats or move pools been changed? Would you consider making a harder version?
                                    Yes, move pools have been improved, for instance I wrote that Golduck learns Psychic eventually now, and a lot of poisons have been given Sludge. No stats have been changed.
                                    I've been making the game a bit tougher, I'd have to complete a run through of the game to see how much more difficult that makes it before making an even harder version, I think, heh. But yeah, I'd consider it,
                                    Yellow Hack Tutorial
                                    Old November 12th, 2016 (10:05 PM).

Quote:
                                      So you finally managed to add new Pokemon, didn't you? Could you perhaps add Marill, Azumarill, Crobat, Porygon2, Porygon-Z, Tangrowth, Lickilicky, Magnezone, Kingdra, and Blissey as well?
                                      Updated! I've added a lot of those, except Marill and Azumarill, and Porygon-Z. I guess I can put them on the to-do list. :3 I was planning on doing a bunch of Johto pokes anyway. I don't entirely like Porygon-Z because it feels redundant but if you really want.

Oh, and previous version had bugged up stones, so I definitely recommend switching to the newer version if you want to enjoy new pokemonz.
                                      Yellow Hack Tutorial
                                      Old November 12th, 2016 (10:14 PM).

Quote:
                                        Oh, sorry, I made it so that trick wouldn't work. You do have to level it up some first. I did that so you wouldn't start the game with a Raichu. My bad. Get it past level 16 and /then/ you can do the potion hax if you really want to.

edit: Um I could remove the level requirement entirely if people want. It's just that without potion haxxing there's no normal way you'd have gotten a completely happy pikachu by the very beginning of the game so it's a little bit of a cheat.
                                        Actually, you can easily get a fully happy Pikachu, or any Pokemon for that matter, by abusing the Turbo button, and running back and forth, so it's still extremely simple to raise happiness up to the maximum. I'd say keep the level requirement, it makes it harder to break the early game that way. Besides evolving, the happiness is required for getting Bulbasaur, thus why people would even invest in the potion hax, so that they could have no problems getting said Bulbasaur.
                                        Old November 12th, 2016 (10:23 PM).
                                        longlostsoldier longlostsoldier is offline

Quote:
                                          Actually, you can easily get a fully happy Pikachu, or any Pokemon for that matter, by abusing the Turbo button, and running back and forth, so it's still extremely simple to raise happiness up to the maximum. I'd say keep the level requirement, it makes it harder to break the early game that way. Besides evolving, the happiness is required for getting Bulbasaur, thus why people would even invest in the potion hax, so that they could have no problems getting said Bulbasaur.
                                          Ah. I've never had any problems getting Bulbasaur by that point in the game, I guess I don't tend to notice that because I usually keep my Pikachu happy. And yeah, I do like having /some/ difficulty in the beginning. Perhaps I'll code some alternate way of getting Bulbasaur so people won't resort to potion hax for anything, although I do kind of like that you get a reward for a happy chu.

I'm pretty sure only Pikachu has happiness in Yellow. But maybe you were referring to later gens.
                                          Yellow Hack Tutorial
                                          Old November 13th, 2016 (1:54 AM).
                                          classiccartoonsftw classiccartoonsftw is offline

Quote:
                                            Updated! I've added a lot of those, except Marill and Azumarill, and Porygon-Z. I guess I can put them on the to-do list. :3 I was planning on doing a bunch of Johto pokes anyway. I don't entirely like Porygon-Z because it feels redundant but if you really want.

Oh, and previous version had bugged up stones, so I definitely recommend switching to the newer version if you want to enjoy new pokemonz.
                                            I'd love to see Porygon-Z myself. And I think Gligar, Gliscor, Teddiursa, Ursaring, Phanpy, Donphan, Smoochum, Elekid, Magby, Munchlax, and Mime Jr. would be fun additions too. Not Pichu, Cleffa, and Igglybuff, though, as I feel their respective lines feel complete enough without them.

And if you're gonna add new moves, then I'd like to see Energy Ball, Giga Drain, Seed Bomb, Shadow Ball, Shadow Claw, Night Slash, Crunch, Dark Pulse, Dragon Claw, Dragon Pulse, Megahorn, X-Scissor, Bug Buzz, Signal Beam, Air Slash, Earth Power, Zen Headbutt, Power Gem, Aqua Jet, Flash Cannon, Mirror Shot, Bullet Punch, Metal Claw, Sludge Bomb, Poison Jab, Cross Chop, Force Palm, and Mach Punch.

Old November 13th, 2016 (9:19 AM).
                                            SilverandBlaze SilverandBlaze is offline

What is the Gender-Ratio of Pidgey and Spearow? I am attempting an all-female run (excluding male-only Pokemon, which I catch anyways), but I can't seem to find any female for either one. Great hack, BTW.

Edit: Also, I seem to only be able to find female Tangela, which could present a problem for anyone that wants to do an all-male run.
                                              Old November 13th, 2016 (9:59 PM).

Quote:
                                                What is the Gender-Ratio of Pidgey and Spearow? I am attempting an all-female run (excluding male-only Pokemon, which I catch anyways), but I can't seem to find any female for either one. Great hack, BTW.

Edit: Also, I seem to only be able to find female Tangela, which could present a problem for anyone that wants to do an all-male run.
                                                My gender table is currently all out of order, sorry. It's likely those two are among the mucked up ones. Because it loads things by internal order rather than pokedex order like you expect it to, and I didn't realize this until later. That fix will be in the next version - in which case I suspect some of your female tangela will spontaneously turn male. Next version will be quite soon, since bugs like that are pretty annoying.

Thank you for the compliment. :3 I've had a rough week, that cheered me up.
                                                Yellow Hack Tutorial
                                                Old November 13th, 2016 (10:26 PM).

Quote:
                                                  I'd love to see Porygon-Z myself. And I think Gligar, Gliscor, Teddiursa, Ursaring, Phanpy, Donphan, Smoochum, Elekid, Magby, Munchlax, and Mime Jr. would be fun additions too. Not Pichu, Cleffa, and Igglybuff, though, as I feel their respective lines feel complete enough without them.

And if you're gonna add new moves, then I'd like to see Energy Ball, Giga Drain, Seed Bomb, Shadow Ball, Shadow Claw, Night Slash, Crunch, Dark Pulse, Dragon Claw, Dragon Pulse, Megahorn, X-Scissor, Bug Buzz, Signal Beam, Air Slash, Earth Power, Zen Headbutt, Power Gem, Aqua Jet, Flash Cannon, Mirror Shot, Bullet Punch, Metal Claw, Sludge Bomb, Poison Jab, Cross Chop, Force Palm, and Mach Punch.
                                                  Alright. I'll definitely add Porygon-Z, Gligar, Gliscor, Teddy's and Phanpy's family. I don't really know about the babies, because they fit in kind of awkwardly; you get Snorlax in the sleeping events, so getting Munchlax would be kinda pointless, even though I like Munchlax, as you're going to get your hands on an already evolved Snorlax. Magby, Elekid, Smoochum and Mime Jr. make a bit more sense, although I can't remember if you can get their evolved Jynx and Mime in trades in Yellow or not which makes them slightly redundant like the Snorlax issue. I guess I will be adding Smoochum and Mime Jr. because otherwise Jynx and Mr. Mime have no evolutions at all, and it is more fun to have an evolution than none.

If/when I add Ursaring, I might be tempted to make one of the Snorlaxes an Ursaring for variety, although the sprite wouldn't change. :D Good or bad idea?

I do want to do new moves. More variety in types and physical/special split are musts. Those will be on the list to do for sure. I should probably try to do at least a couple in the next update, I have no idea how fast they'll go - probably they won't be too much of a pain as long as I reuse old animations and battle effects.

I've just indexed sprites for Marill, Wooper family, and Yanma and Yanmega, and Swinub and its evos, and already have an indexed sprites for Porygon-Z. So all those pokemon will probably be in the next update soon,. Since I hate making people have to start over, I might try to avoid adding them to the pokedex/updating pokemon number immediately tho' so old saves will still work at cost of minor bug (or I hope what would be minor bug). This proooobably won't work tho' hah.

I had to devamp two of those, Yanmega and Mamoswine, as I couldn't find devamps of them (maybe I didn't look hard enough), I'll put them here in case anyone wants to use or critique the devamp. Keep in mind I can only use 4 colors and that the game will color it in. I think I may have to do a devamp of Gliscor myself too.
                                                  Attached Images
                                                  File Type: png yanmega.png‎ (572 Bytes, 3603 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                                                  File Type: png mamoswine.png‎ (668 Bytes, 3597 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                                                  File Type: png yanmegab.png‎ (524 Bytes, 3594 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                                                  File Type: png mamoswineb.png‎ (426 Bytes, 3596 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                                                  Yellow Hack Tutorial
                                                  Old November 14th, 2016 (3:08 AM).

Nature: Sassy
                                                  Wow I wish I hadn't bought Yellow on the 3DS now I've seen this :(

Quick Reply