• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Feeding the Sick Miltank Berries

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
At the barn on Route 39, inside is a sick Miltank named Moomoo. If you feed her berries, she will get better, and you can buy Moo Moo Milk. This is something that's completely optional, however.

Did you feed the sick Miltank? I always try to. Moomoo Milk is pretty good in game.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I only remember getting Snore which was kind of disappointing, although I did it because I liked Miltank.

Years
I usually do feed it as many berries as I have, but don't go out of my way to get more if I don't have enough. But I remember when I first found about it as a kid and thought it was cool little side quest with nice rewards.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I did, though I don't think I ever did enough to reap the reward, granted they weren't that great in either game.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
When I was a kid, I absolutely refused to feed the Miltank Oran berries because of the nightmares that Whitney gave me. xD
However with "age" I've grown to be kinder and always feed it. :3

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I know I did it once, but I haven't done it in a long time. Remember it being a lot of work for little payoff.

Nevermind that you have to wonder why a farm whose main product is Miltank milk is relying on a random kid to feed said Miltank berries that grow on trees to treat her instead of like....having a stock of their own berries to use for this inevitable problem, or buying medicine

Years
Yeah MooMoo Milk is actually really great ingame, and I always try and have some to hand, that being said, I think I've only ever done this like once? I always get to the farm and feed Moomoo, only to remember how many berries it takes and not bother going out of my way to complete the sidequest haha. I do like it is an idea tho, and found it cool how there's a Milktank farm!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I just remembered that reward in HG/SS is the seal case if you feed Moomoo berries.

But, also, you'll get the TM Snore in Generation II or TM Natural Gift in Generation IV. It truly is a lot of work for little reward... lmfao.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
When I was a kid, I absolutely refused to feed the Miltank Oran berries because of the nightmares that Whitney gave me. xD
However with "age" I've grown to be kinder and always feed it. :3
Lol true, so sad xD

I fed it because I felt so sorry for it though :3

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
i usually do if i remember to but i forget sometimes bc i don't have enough regular berries and i don't spend that much time in that area typically. but moo moo milk is good and despite the whitney battle, i really like miltank so i want it to feel better. i act like a badass but i'm a big softie so i feel bad if i don't help it lol.

trainer_nokachi

the trainer who wanders ~
Years
  • Age 31
  • AZ
  • Seen Dec 16, 2020
I remember when I was younger, I made sure to get a berry every single day for the Miltank. It's a shame that they only give you one MooMoo milk in gen 2 as opposed to being able to buy it in gen 4 after saving the Miltank.

Back