• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 6] Soapie's first Nuzlocke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
My first challenge ever! I am afraid. Game: Alpha Sapphire
Achromatic's misadventures made me want to try it
I'll be using the same rules as Achromatic's run here

RULES:
- If a Pokémon faints, it's considered dead and MUST be boxed, never to be used again.
- Can only capture the first Pokémon per area. If I fail to catch it, no Pokémon for me.
- If the first Pokémon I find is a duplicate of one I already have, it won't be counted as my first encounter.
- Each Pokémon must be nicknamed.
- Two heals per Pokémon center. One before the gym and one after. No gym? One heal.
- Healing items are allowed.
- If I find a shiny, I can catch it no matter what.
- Battle Style set to Set.
- EXP Share Off
- If all Pokémon faint, it's game over. If I have backups in the box however, I can put them in my team to use until all backups are gone.

Let's do this!

Last edited:

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
I chose the girl character, and named her Soap.

Route 101
As my starter, I chose to go with Mudkip, as it's the first starter I ever chose in Hoenn, when the original games came out. I named him Axolotl!
We took care of Brendan pretty easily, I'm sure Axolotl will get me to the league.

Route 103
First Pokémon of the run. It's...Wingull? It's not too bad, even if it has the Water Type, it still has Flying type coverage, which is nice for the second Gym!
I named her Gullywash, after one of my favourite TF2 maps...yes I know.

Route 102
I get there and there's a Pokémon rustling in the grass. I decided to sneak on it and catch it, since it's technically the first Pokémon I saw. It's Lotad! Another water type. :(
I use Gullywash to wear it down...and it goes down due to Teeter's Dance confusion damage. RIP.
I did manage to catch it, and I call him Nénu. I'll train him hard so he can learn pretty useful moves like Absorb and Bubble

Route 104
I'm hoping for a Taillow here, since Gullywash was washed away, along with my dreams of bullying Brawly. I get...Zigzagoon! I catch him and call him Bebitte. He's holding a Potion, but he has Gluttony. Oh well.

Petalburg Woods
There's so many options here! I'll probably get a Wurmple. I head straight for the eastern patch of grass and I get an encounter!
It's a Slakoth! I catch her and call her Sloth (yes). I thought they were pretty rare? For some reason I got so many Slakoth encounters while I was training. Weird.
Axolotl is pretty low on health but I still challenge Team Aqua. No sweat, he got a nice crit Tackle on the Poochyena!

Still Route 104
No new Pokémon since it's still the same Route. That little girl's Shroomish almost killed Sloth and Bebitte. I had to wear it down with Nénu's Teeter Dance and Bubble. Sloth has 1HP left due to Poison, but Nénu evolved in Lombre!

Route 116
I decided to go catch my next partner right away! I got a Nincada, and called him Husk. I'm not sure what to do with it, but if I can get it to evolve, Maybe Shedinja and Ninjask can help me beat Brawly!
I didn't go into the tunnel, I think anyway it only has Whismur. Maybe Zubat, too?
After training I head to the Rustboro Gym. Nosepass' Roxane scared me, my Axolotl almost died. Lucky he got a crit Water Gun, and Torrent was active since he had 5HP left, and took care of Nosepass, who had like 75% of his health remaining. Phew! He evolves into Marshtomp and learns the pretty useful Mud Shot!

I'll take care of Team Aqua later.

Team:
marshtomp.gif

Axolotl | Lv. 16

lombre.gif

Nénu | Lv. 15

slakoth.gif

Sloth | Lv. 15

zigzagoon.gif

Bebitte | Lv. 13

nincada.gif

Husk | Lv. 11

Dead:
wingull.gif

Gullywash | Lv. 5

Boxed:
None

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Rusturf Tunnel.
Beat up Team Aqua and caught a Whismur. Named him Chigneur. I'm going to box him because I don't think he'll be super useful.

Granite Cave
Went to Dewford and headed straight for Granite Cave for my next partner. I got a Makuhita, named him Heavy (my nicknames are progressively getting worse).
I was hoping for a Aron, but I didn't manage to reach Steven's room before the first encounter. I hope he makes it and helps me beat Norman!

Dewford Town
Time to beat Brawly. I'm pretty nervous, without a Kadabra or Taillow, but I'll use my Axolotl to beat him. But Axolotl was low on health when I got to the end, so I sent out Nénu.
Machop didn't have time to do a move after Fake Out, Teeter Dance and Bubble. Then he sent Makuhita. I switched to Bebitte to lower his Attack with Growl, but I forgot about Bulk Up.
I sent out Sloth, to Yawn him. Took an Arm Thrust, ouch. I kept switching back and forth Nénu for the Fake Out + Teeter Dance, then Sloth and Yawn...She took another Arm Thrust. She didn't make it :(
But I managed to defeat him without other losses thanks to Yawn. You will be missed. 2017-2017

Route 109
Perfect place to train a bit! I won't fish for a Magikarp since I might go back for a better Pokémon with Surf.

Slateport City
This is where I'll stop for now, I'll continue this evening. Pretty excited to get Pikachu!

Team:
marshtomp.gif

Axolotl | Lv. 19 | Hasty

lombre.gif

Nénu | Lv. 18 | Hardy

zigzagoon.gif

Bebitte | Lv. 15 | Impish

nincada.gif

Husk | Lv. 15 | Docile

makuhita.gif

Heavy | Lv. 15 | Lax

Dead:
wingull.gif

Gullywash | Lv. 5

slakoth.gif

Sloth | Lv. 16

Boxed:
whismur.gif

Chigneur | Lv. 9

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
Use Whismur! Exploud has a good movepool and Boomburst is awesome~

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Slateport City
I entered Nénu in a Cute contest, which he won very easily. I got the Cosplay Pikachu as a reward and named her Cutiechu.

Route 110
I defeated a few trainers before looking for my next partner. I'm kinda hoping for a Oddish or Glupin, but there's many possibilities!
It's a....Electrike. Fine, I'll box him...nevermind, Cutiechu critted him and he died. No new Pokémon for me! I boxed Heavy because Husk was about to evolve.
I evolved Husk and used it to defeat Brendan's Grovyle, he went down pretty easily. Went back to Slateport to name Shedinja "Fallen".

Mauville City
I never liked Bug Pokémon, but Husk and Fallen are pretty useful. Defeated Wally and trained Fallen a bit. I decided to use it against the Gym since they can't even touch it!
Fallen ripped throught the Gym easily thanks to its Mud Slap, Leach Life and Shadow Sneak. Last trainer before Wattson send out Voltorb, easy!
...it had Rollout. Oh. Fallen has...fallen. I used Axolotl to deafeat the leader, with no problem.

Route 117
Heavy almost died to the Breeder's Skitty, I forgot about Disarming Voice. I searched for a new Pokémon and got Roselia. Named her Rosie and boxed her.
Bebitte evolved into Linoone! The male Breeder's Makuhita sent it out by force with Whirlwind and then slaughtered him. Rude.

Route 111
Cutiechu shredded the Winstrate family fairly easily. No new Pokémon here.
Heavy evolved into Hariyama! I have now one of the fugliest Pokémon ever on my team.

Route 112
I looked for my next Pokémon and got Machop, we'll call him...Oh nevermind Cutiechu's at it with the crits again.
I'm pretty okay thanks to Brendan's random heal, let's push on.

Mt. Chimney
Nothing interesting really happened, I got a Torkoal and named him Smokey.

Still Route 112
I fought a few trainers and got Secret Power from the weird dude. Aarune?
I have the Mach Bike so I'll be able to explore further, I'm going to stop here. There's a little old lady that'll heal me, and Brendan gives another random heal further ahead.

Team:
marshtomp.gif

Axolotl | Lv. 29 | Hasty

pikachu-cosplay.gif

Cutiechu (Cute Costume) | Lv. 29 | Naughty

lombre.gif

Nénu | Lv. 28 | Hardy

ninjask.gif

Husk | Lv. 24 | Docile

hariyama.gif

Heavy | Lv. 25 | Lax

torkoal.gif

Smokey | Lv. 15

Dead:
wingull.gif

Gullywash | Lv. 5

slakoth.gif

Sloth | Lv. 16

shedinja.gif

Fallen | Lv. 25

linoone.gif

Bebitte | Lv. 20

Boxed:
whismur.gif

Chigneur | Lv. 9

roselia.gif

Rosie | Lv. 12

Last edited:

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Still Route 112
The Ace Trainer's Roselia killed Smokey. :( How is that even possible. Fine let's push on.

Route 113
I was battling a Trapinch with Husk and wasn't paying attention, Husk got one-shot by an attack. This is not a good start for today.
Rip Husk, you were one of the first :( Rip Bug coverage.
I caught a Sandshrew and called her Sahara. She has a bug type attack, sweet.

Route 114
Lets go catch my new partner quickly! I got...a Lombre. Okay no. Another Lombre, what's up with those? I keep looking since they're dupe...I finally get a Swablu!
I named her Cottonelle, I love that Pokémon, she's getting a spot in my team

Meteor Falls
I didn't encounter anything and forgot the cinematic took you to Mauville. I'll have to climb there again.
Ok back. I don't expect much but...Oooh a Lunatone! I got really lucky. Caught it and called it Moony. I really want to use it but I don't know who I should box.
I'm gonna train it a bit and box it for later.

Mt. Chimney
No Pokémon here. Kicked team Aqua's butt without any loss. Heavy is becoming quite good!
Sahara evolved into Sandslash!

Jagged Pass
Only encountered a Machop here....and I killed him again. Whoops. I'm not that sad, I don't like that Pokémon anyway.
I'll stop here before the Gym.

Team:
marshtomp.gif

Axolotl | Lv. 32

pikachu-cosplay.gif

Cutiechu (Cute Costume) | Lv. 32

lombre.gif

Nénu | Lv. 32

hariyama.gif

Heavy | Lv. 32

sandslash.gif

Sahara | Lv. 23