• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2012
According to the script seen in the Youtube video, he is using PoketScript and Pokemon Ruby. Well that's how his script is coded anyways.
Edit: Actually, I think he might be mixing up a few XSE and PoketScript commands.

If you're using XSE, your script should look like this.
Spoiler:

Well, I didn't test it, but that should work. Mind you that since you didn't set any flags, if you keep talking to her, she'll keep moving up.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2009
Thank you so much! I must have mixed up Poketscript with XSE... But now it works...
Too bad that I've got another problem. This time with a trainer battle script.

Spoiler:

It skips the battle and moves straight to the $done section. Before that, I made 2 other scripts, so this ones originating to the flag of one of them (0x32A).
Please Help!

Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2010
Hey, I'm having trouble with a checkitem script in XSE. I want it to check if I have a pokeball, then it will display a message, and if I don't have a pokeball, it will give me a pokeball and then display a different message. It keeps thinking I have a Pokeball even when I don't. Here's my script.

Code:
#org @1pokemon
checkitem 0x4 0x1
if 0x1 goto @alreadyhave
msgbox @ohyoucouldnt 0x2
giveitem 0x4 0x1 MSG_OBTAIN
release
end

#org @alreadyhave
msgbox @catchyour 0x2
release
end

#org @catchyour
= [black_fr]Catch your first POKéMON, then come\nback to me.

#org @ohyoucouldnt
= [black_fr]Oh, you couldn't catch a POKéMON?\pIn that case, I will give you another\nPOKé BALL.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
I have a script that allways messes up look:

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @orange MSG_YESNO
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @warp
release
end

#org @warp
warp 0x4 0x1 0xFF 0x2 0x6

#org @orange
= Would you like to go to the\nORANGE ISLANDS now?,be aware that\pyou can't come back...

this is what I allways get in the end:
'---------------
#org 0x26D3B5
warp 0x4 0x1 0xFF 0x2 0x6
callstd 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x826D3B5
release
end

it worked before but now it messes up....

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2010
Hi, I've decided to start scripting, but I'm experiencing problems with my first script made by myself.
Spoiler:

When the player selects yes, a strange loop of being asked yes/no follows. What am I doing wrong? I'm using Fire Red and scripting in Pokescript.

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
Years
hi,
I have a problem when trying to insert a script in XSE it says "too less paramenters on line 8 the correct number is 2"
heres the script
Spoiler:

Q-Bone

Musician and Pixel Artist
Years
hi,
I have a problem when trying to insert a script in XSE it says "too less paramenters on line 8 the correct number is 2"
heres the script
Spoiler:

"msgbox @1" needs another parameter, usually 0x6 for this situation. So it should be: "msgbox @1 0x6".

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2013
Spoiler:

i can't for the life of me figure out whats wrong, help please

G Deoxys

Beginner Rom Hacker
Years
#Dynamic 0x800000

#ORG @Main
Lock
FacePlayer
Message @Speak
BoxSet 0x6
Release
End
#ORG @Speak
= Kid: Hey!!!\n Pro: Pickle was looking for you!!!

But after i go to compile it says "Too less parameters on line 6. The correct number is 2

Last edited:

Q-Bone

Years
#Dynamic 0x800000

#ORG @Main
Lock
FacePlayer
Message @Speak
BoxSet 0x6
Release
End
#ORG @Speak
= Kid: Hey!!!\n Pro: Pickle was looking for you!!!

But after i go to compile it says "Too less parameters on line 6. The correct number is 2

Put "0x6" after "@speak", and get rid of "BoxSet 0x6", so it should be "Message @speak 0x6".

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2010
can anyone tell me why this went wrong?

code:
Code:
#org $GivePoke
faceplayer
lock
checkflag 0x206
if B_True goto $thepoke
message $WantPoke
$WantPoke 1 = I have a pokemon here that's too\lpowerful for me.\nWould you take care of it?
boxset 6
countpokemon
compare LASTRESULT 6
if B_True goto $NoRoom
givepokemon 7 5 0
jingle
message $GotPoke
$GotPoke 1 = You Recieved a Pokemon
message $NamePoke
$NamePoke 1 = Would You like to give the Pokemon a name?
boxset 5
compare LASTRESULT 1
if b_False goto $NoName
Namepokemon
#org $NoName
setflag 0x204
release
end
#org $thepoke
message $Banter
$Banter 1 = How's that pokemon of mine?
boxset 6
release end
end
#org $NoRoom
message $Error
$Error 1 = not enough room your party.\pcome back when you have \lroom!
boxset 6
release
end

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2013
Spoiler:

still need help

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2010
I've learned alot since I last posted here... I'm still using Pokescript and will continue to, so hopefully someone can help me with it.
I'm attempting to recreate in Fire Red Oak's scripts, starting with him walking up to you at the grass then leading you into the lab. Here is my script;

Spoiler:

What I did was recreate what happens in the script, except change his path, your path and the text. What happens though, is Oak says 'HOLD UP!' and then the movement does not proceed, the next text proceeds. Then, after the text, the player is forced to move into the door of the lab(which is also where the warp is) however nothing happens and the script ends. Hope someone can help, thanks.
-Jarcon

G Deoxys

Beginner Rom Hacker
Years
I'm kinda new to scripting and need help with:

Trainer Scripts, Give Pokemon Scripts and Battle Scripts...

Edit: and adding more legend battles

Q-Bone

Years

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
Years
I've learned alot since I last posted here... I'm still using Pokescript and will continue to, so hopefully someone can help me with it.
I'm attempting to recreate in Fire Red Oak's scripts, starting with him walking up to you at the grass then leading you into the lab. Here is my script;

Spoiler:

What I did was recreate what happens in the script, except change his path, your path and the text. What happens though, is Oak says 'HOLD UP!' and then the movement does not proceed, the next text proceeds. Then, after the text, the player is forced to move into the door of the lab(which is also where the warp is) however nothing happens and the script ends. Hope someone can help, thanks.
-Jarcon

I'm fairly certain that you still need to use applymovement 0x1 for Oak here.
When moving characters via script, all map data is ignored; like whenever you screw up and someone ends up moving through a wall, or you get your character stuck on top of a house. Similar thing for warps, making you walk onto them doesn't work, you have to use the warp command. I don't know how to use it in PokeScript, but I imagine it's very similar to XSE.
warp 0xmapbank 0xmapnumber 0xwarpnumber 0x0 0x0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back