• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: Advanced Pokédex

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
gif.gif
screen.png
screen2.png
screen3.png
screen4.png
screen5.png

When a switch is ON, it displays at pokédex the pokémon PBS data for a caught pokémon like: base exp, egg steps to hatch, abilities, wild hold item, evolution, the moves that pokémon can learn by level/breeding/TM/TR/HM/tutor, among others.

Link

Tested on Essentials v21.1. More versions on link. If this script isn't working on latest Essentials version, please inform on this thread.

Thanks Richard PT for the graphics!

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
As requested:

How to make separate switches for this script activation at each regional dexes:

This won't works if DEXDEPENDSONLOCATION is true.

Change every piece of code that have '$game_switches[AdvancedPokedexScene::SWITCH]' to 'advancedDexAvailable?'. Before line 'class AdvancedPokedex' add:

Code:
def advancedDexAvailable?
  dexForSwitch={
    -1 => 70,
     1 => 75,
     3 => 90
  }
  switch=dexForSwitch[$PokemonGlobal.pokedexDex]
  return (!switch || game_switches[switch])
end

In this example, the switch 70 is necessary for activation of Advanced Pokédex at dex -1 (National Dex), the switch 75 is necessary for dex 1 and the switch 90 is necessary for dex 3. You can change the values of dexForSwitch for matching with your dex and switches.

the__end

Pixel Artist
Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Wait, what do you mean with effort points? Do you mean the Effort Values each Pokemon gains by fighting other Pokemon? If so, why show it in the Pokedex? The Pokedex should display the species data and not individual Pokemon data. Besides that, what happens if you own two of the same Pokemon? Which EVs will be shown? I would suggest that you make the EVs and IVs visible on the screen of each individual Pokemon. The place where you can see their moves and so on.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Wait, what do you mean with effort points? Do you mean the Effort Values each Pokemon gains by fighting other Pokemon? If so, why show it in the Pokedex? The Pokedex should display the species data and not individual Pokemon data. Besides that, what happens if you own two of the same Pokemon? Which EVs will be shown? I would suggest that you make the EVs and IVs visible on the screen of each individual Pokemon. The place where you can see their moves and so on.

I believe the effort points he has are the EVs the Pokemon gives upon defeating it, not how many EVs a pokemon has. Krookodile gives 3 Atk EVs, and then the 7th digit is just the total EV yield, which is 3. Some Pokemon give EVs in multiple stats, so if it gave 1 Atk and 1 Def, the 7th digit would read 2, for 2 total EVs.

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
I seem to be encountering a bug and have no idea what the cause is. The first new pokemon I catch, after I turn the switch for advanced pokedex on, causes the battle screen pokedex data to be empty (no words or pictures of the pokemon) and also the pokemon I just caught is not in my party.

Any idea how I can remedy this? I'm fairly sure I followed the installation instructions perfectly, but it may be something of my own ignorance causing this issue.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated, and thanks for this awesome script! =)

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
I seem to be encountering a bug and have no idea what the cause is. The first new pokemon I catch, after I turn the switch for advanced pokedex on, causes the battle screen pokedex data to be empty (no words or pictures of the pokemon) and also the pokemon I just caught is not in my party.

Any idea how I can remedy this? I'm fairly sure I followed the installation instructions perfectly, but it may be something of my own ignorance causing this issue.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated, and thanks for this awesome script! =)
It's a bug! Thank you for the report. Change the line '@sprites["dexbar"].visible=true if $game_switches[AdvancedPokedexScene::SWITCH]' to:

Code:
 if @sprites["dexbar"] && $game_switches[AdvancedPokedexScene::SWITCH]
   @sprites["dexbar"].visible=true 
 end

Everyone who uses this script shold do this change. I updated the thread.

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
Thanks a ton! =) Was going crazy with trying to figure out why it was happening, haha.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Will this work in Hacks? I mean i am making a hack of fire red! Will this work in it?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 18, 2014
Your script is awesome so I want to try out. But at page Form of Pokedex when I pressed Right, it does not direct me to advance page! Please help me!
Thanks for your awesome scripts!

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Your script is awesome so I want to try out. But at page Form of Pokedex when I pressed Right, it does not direct me to advance page! Please help me!
Thanks for your awesome scripts!
Did you follow all the instructions (specially the last one)? Did the switch is on?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
So, you put the below part, without the comments, correct?
Code:
# -After line 'pbChooseForm' add:

elsif Input.trigger?(Input::RIGHT)
   if $game_switches[AdvancedPokedexScene::SWITCH]
     ret=6
     break
   end
Strange, this is working here and with some users like Lear. When V14 is released I try again the whole process.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
After adding the script I add an image or something?

Code:
# To this script works, put it above main, put a 512x384 background for this
# screen in "Graphics/Pictures/advancedPokedex" location and three 512x384 for
# the top pokédex selection bar at "Graphics/Pictures/advancedPokedexEntryBar",
# "Graphics/Pictures/advancedPokedexNestBar" and
# "Graphics/Pictures/advancedPokedexFormBar".

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jan 29, 2016

would the images that I want or need to download any that you uploaded or something?

Back