• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Official glitch discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aden

Lucario's best buddy
Years
On Pokemon Gold, if you hold down Start and Select at the same time the screen becomes inverted.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
Years
In Red, Blue and Ma-b yellow, as soon as you turn on your gb press any of the buttons and you can change the color of the........uh.........game.

That's with all original "Gameboy" games. If their the gray cartridge, and don't say color, they can all change color.

mew2three567

Reinvented.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 8, 2011
There is a glitch where you can name yourself ZOWAYIX and whenever you do the Missigno. trick, it will come up in the form of a skeleton Kabutops, skeleton Aerodactyl, or a ghost.

Years
The first time I ever played my Pokemon Yellow game (this must've been, oh idk, 7 years ago maybe?), when I went into the pokemon center in viridian for the first time, after nurse joy had healed my pokemon and said "Thank you! Your pokemon are fighting fit!" I walked all the way to the door and was on the little blue rectangle doormat thing before she finally said "We hope to see you again!"

That hasn't happened since.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
The first time I ever played my Pokemon Yellow game (this must've been, oh idk, 7 years ago maybe?), when I went into the pokemon center in viridian for the first time, after nurse joy had healed my pokemon and said "Thank you! Your pokemon are fighting fit!" I walked all the way to the door and was on the little blue rectangle doormat thing before she finally said "We hope to see you again!"

That hasn't happened since.

And since WHEN do you think only you got that problem. Also, my other glitch:
Go t Cycling Road WITHOUT a Bike. Go to the top row (under the lady). She'll tell you to stop, but keep going left. You turn back and left again and you passed her! After that, you're on Cycling Road with a Bike that's not YOURS!

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
this may sound stupid but how do you accually get a mew?
my mates used to have it when they played =(

Spoiler:

Did anyone try the first version of Pokemon Red/Green? I heard from a rumour that on Route 1 there was Missingno. everywhere? Is that true?

Dark Destiny

Your Destiny is in your hands
Years
Spoiler:

Did anyone try the first version of Pokemon Red/Green? I heard from a rumour that on Route 1 there was Missingno. everywhere? Is that true?

that doesn't help
whats the mew trick?

Years
Correct. I found a Chansey, a Missingno, a Nidoqueen and a Golem, all at lv.7

D: I'm sorry but I don't understand what's going on. How would someone replace the trainer after doing the mew trick?

And one glitch I've noticed is that once in a while the people walking around various towns will walk backwards instead of forwards O______O; It's not often, but happens occasionally.

Years
I dont know if this is a glitch, it happened ages ago.

If I remember rightly, I was in the Poké Center in Celadon on Red Version, meaning most of the surroundings were reddish in colour. I walked out and everythin was now a blueish tinge, the same as the one on my brothers blue version. I went back in Rocket HQ where i was heading, but it stayed blueish. After saving, then resetting, it went back to the red colour.

I was on a Gameboy Colour, and it just wierdly happened. Happened to anyone else, probably has...

Years
I don't know why it would do that. The only way to change the color of the game is to turn on the Gameboy while holding either the A or B button and moving the control pad.

Years
I don't know why it would do that. The only way to change the color of the game is to turn on the Gameboy while holding either the A or B button and moving the control pad.

I definitely know i didnt do that, because the game was on. I didnt save, reset or anything, just exited the PokéCenter and all of a sudden, bam. I had the GBC on a battery pack, plugged into the wall, if i remember rightly. When it happened i thought i had broke my game! The naivety.

There might be a minor detail ive missed but unless someone knows WHY it happens, i wouldnt be able to remember, really.

bitter_doom

im a house elf
Years
did u guys ever get the "??"ultra balls in the 2nd town of Pokemon silver, ( i cant remember the name) anyways i bought 99 of them it said like $9048582 or something like that, and even tho i didn't have the right amount the balls were bought for $0 it said i spent a load of cash but no money was taken, then when i exited and went into the mart again they were potions

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
did u guys ever get the "??"ultra balls in the 2nd town of Pokemon silver, ( i cant remember the name) anyways i bought 99 of them it said like $9048582 or something like that, and even tho i didn't have the right amount the balls were bought for $0 it said i spent a load of cash but no money was taken, then when i exited and went into the mart again they were potions

Did you gameshark the game? It must've been a cheating/hacking device.
Especially if it was a rom.

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2008
You know how the high hex values in the catch code freeze the game? If you turn the code or gameshark off (or code in an emulator) and turn it back on when in the battle, you can catch that glitch pokemon! (NOTE: It might still freeze at the pokedex.) (you need masterballs for this)
F:\bgb_1.0.3\scrnshot

I attached a picture of it. Hope you can see it.

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2010
i dont fell like reading this whole thing
but here is the SS ANNE glitch, how to get back on the SS ANNE

once the ss anne has set sail you actually CAN get back on it

1. try to enter the ss anne, the man will tell you it set sail and push you back.
2. move to the right facing the water and press START right away...i mean RIGHT AWAY.
3. now save and then restart your game
4. you will still be facing the water and now surf.
5. you will now be surfing on the man, surf down and now you can get on the ss anne

Kylo

Squirrel Maniac
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 20, 2014
I'd like some verification on this.

A friend of mine (who I know personally IRL) was in the Safari Zone when he met a Chansey that no matter what he couldn't catch. After using up all his balls (oh, stop it) he was forced to leave, but instead of appearing outside the SZ, he was in what looked like Glitch City, and there was a YES/NO box. He clicked on YES, and then the screen flashed and he was back at his house. When he checked his Pokemon, he had all MissingNos, except for the first one which was a Mew.

Has anyone else had this happen before? I never saw it myself, but I've been going through the same procedures, and I've come across some interesting results, so I don't doubt it's possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back