• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Thanks!!

You really should get that Litwick soon. You're probably holding up someone's luck line or something! I went to a different window, but there are people standing behind you in line. Just take your shiny Litwick and move to the next station!! Those people behind you have been waiting all day (and since May, "lol")!

*imagines 5 windows where you can pick up packets of luck, and people waiting in 3 of the lines while Latios Master is taking a ridiculously long time ordering and the people behind him are mad while Keruso keeps going through the same line over and over again because no one else is using that one*

I've been hunting for it since April. My last shiny, Audino, came in June. I should move over to the line Keruso is using. :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
*imagines 5 windows where you can pick up packets of luck, and people waiting in 3 of the lines while Latios Master is taking a ridiculously long time ordering and the people behind him are mad while Keruso keeps going through the same line over and over again because no one else is using that one*

I lol'd at this

Latios Master: I've been hunting for it since April. My last shiny, Audino, came in June. I should move over to the line Keruso is using.

i also lol'd at this.

i dont remember getting in any line, i just have random luck. Charmander resets in LeafGreen havent really started as im trying to do some college stuff, but i have done a few resets. Im also having trouble getting past Juan/Wallace/Drake (whoever it is that the champ is) with his Whiscash. My team that i got from the Random thread on Serebii had given me a Rhydon, Electrode, Nuzleaf (actually a Shiftry but not until it learns ExtraSensory), Vigoroth, Kecleon and Donphan. now, once i find a way to get past Whiscash, it's smooth sailing to start my hunts in Emerald...............................sigh

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
AHHHH DON'T SR ON EMERALD!! The random calculation is busted in that game so you may never find a shiny ever!

Wat. Really? Well eff that then I may as well return it. XD

I kinda wanna SR something but all I really have are HG legendaries... XD Someone pick one aside from Ho-oh for me....

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 3, 2015
G-Money said:
Welcome back, Raichu!! Please proceed to Window #3 to pick up your shiny Squirtle.

Haha, I would've loved to have seen the look on your face when you thought we filled up 752 pages since March, "lol." That would be really awesome, though, to have that many pages in such a short amount of time.

If it was as easy as showing up to a window for a shiny I would be entirely pleased, though the hours of effort make up for it once you finally see it in all it's shiny glory. XD

LOL Yeah, not gonna lie, I had done a double take there for a moment. I was thinking there was no way I would catch up on reading everything I missed. It is good to see this club still around though, despite the activity being low for a while. It's good to be back! *also hopes for more activity*

I've been hunting for it since April. My last shiny, Audino, came in June. I should move over to the line Keruso is using. :)

Good luck on Litwick! April is a long time to be hunting so I really hope that it finally shines for you. I don't think I have such a patience to wait. I tend to do a few hundred eggs and then switch between pokemon for a while since my attention and patience get worn thin sometimes with the MM. D:

Kirozane said:
I kinda wanna SR something but all I really have are HG legendaries... XD Someone pick one aside from Ho-oh for me....
G-Money said:
EDIT: Kirozane, go for a shiny Articuno! I saw someone with Articuno in their username on another forum, and it made me realize just how awesome shiny Articuno is.

I second Articuno!

So far I have hatched some Squirtle eggs for about two hours on Platinum. I'm not sure how many eggs though since I don't have the game currently in front of me. I'm trying to decide what to MM for on White since I've come up with nothing on Black for, well, ever. Hmm.. decisions, decisions. I might go with Cubchoo since it's one of my new favorites in gen 5, though I think I need to transfer a ditto over first because I don't believe I have one on White yet.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
I approve of this level of activity. We already have 1150% as many posts as the SHC did last November, and it's only been 7 days!! *stamps G-Money seal*

EDIT: Kirozane, go for a shiny Articuno! I saw someone with Articuno in their username on another forum, and it made me realize just how awesome shiny Articuno is. :)

EDIT II: 1200% now. :P

Articuno is a nice shiny, albeit annoyingly subtle. My method of SRing is only half paying attention..... And since my T-wave lead-off is a shiny (My shiny dragonite from a previous run) It's sparkle throws me off because I'm all "was it one sparkle or two!?"

I second Articuno!

So far I have hatched some Squirtle eggs for about two hours on Platinum. I'm not sure how many eggs though since I don't have the game currently in front of me. I'm trying to decide what to MM for on White since I've come up with nothing on Black for, well, ever. Hmm.. decisions, decisions. I might go with Cubchoo since it's one of my new favorites in gen 5, though I think I need to transfer a ditto over first because I don't believe I have one on White yet.

Articuno it is then. I won a few things over the weekend so maybe that luck will carry with me to an articuno whose feathers glisten like snow in sunlight.... :3 At least here's to hoping. X3

And good luck with your squirtle~ If you need a japanese ditto on white I can provide. I have two japanese games (SS and Black) so yeah~ My black, ironically enough, is my only masuda success. A Litwick.... Back on April Fool's day.. after 25 eggs (She was egg 26 X3)

But as I typed this post I abandoned torchic and began Articuno. 27SRs so far. Let's see if I can regain my determination from my SR run and keep persistant until the sparklies. 8D

Years
Barely changed shinies are not for me. They lose their appeal when they aren't any nicer to look at than the originals. Or at least, I lose the desire to hunt them.

So I guess I should restart my Emerald game and begin using it as my hub save on gen3. I doubt I'll bother getting an early shiny frame. RNG manip shinies suck, and I'd rather hunt on my other games anyway.
If I remember to carry my SP with me, I will resume my old Kyogre hunt.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
EDIT: SHINY HITMONCHAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY FIRST SHINY SINCE JULY!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations, G-Money :D you really deserved that shiny after so long, bahaha. Shiny Hitmonchan is awesome looking. Congrats to everyone else who got a shiny, too.

I'm up to 1,760 Charmander, but I won't lose hope yet! I might be able to hatch a couple boxfuls tonight.

Barely changed shinies are not for me. They lose their appeal when they aren't any nicer to look at than the originals. Or at least, I lose the desire to hunt them.
^this

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
Kirozane: What should I hunt?
G-Money: Articuno!
Kirozane: No. There's not much difference between the two.
Raichu1988: Articuno!
Kirozane: Great idea!! I'll start hunting right now.

"lol" :cer_laugh:

Congratulations, G-Money :D you really deserved that shiny after so long, bahaha. Shiny Hitmonchan is awesome looking. Congrats to everyone else who got a shiny, too.

I'm up to 1,760 Charmander, but I won't lose hope yet! I might be able to hatch a couple boxfuls tonight.

Thanks! Good luck on your Charmander - you're really close! :cer_wink:

I'm hunting a secret shiny in FireRed, and I'm probably going to start increasing my hunting time by quite a bit so that I can restart FR and go for all the SRable shinies in my last run through.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
Kirozane: What should I hunt?
G-Money: Articuno!
Kirozane: No. There's not much difference between the two.
Raichu1988: Articuno!
Kirozane: Great idea!! I'll start hunting right now.

"lol" :cer_laugh:

That's not how it went. It was more like "There's like... no difference but I'll work around it if more than one person wants me to.... Oh hey someone else wants me to so let's do it." I haven't done much since this mornin though since I became greatly distracted. XD

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
well, i got myself some good news!

and no, it's not another shiny. yet. haven't found myself a new line to cut into.

I found myself a good combination as to how to kill all of Wallace's Pokes, especially Whiscash. in fact, i did just that, and barely made it through Milotic with Electrode, but i was able to win!!! so now my hunts in Emerald (yes, Emerald. ive gotten shinies from here before and none of them were RNG clones) can commence!!! my first hunt is Smeargle in Artisan Cave at the frontier, so i had to catch myself an Illuminate Chinchou first. took 9 tries to finally find one..... this may either be a long hunt or a short one

Years
Emerald is fine when you're not SRing.
I bought some web hosting. Writing the SHC app I have in mind involves quite a bit of work so stay tuned!

G-Money

Years
That's not how it went. It was more like "There's like... no difference but I'll work around it if more than one person wants me to.... Oh hey someone else wants me to so let's do it."

Haha, I know. :pink_wink: I was just joking around with the way you responded to our posts (although I totally get what you're saying!). Good luck on Articuno!

my first hunt is Smeargle in Artisan Cave

Good luck! I was considering sending more people to your line, but then I figured you might as well use up all your luck before the contests start! :P
jk; keep up whatever you've been doing - it's working! :cer_laugh:

Writing the SHC app I have in mind involves quite a bit of work so stay tuned!

I'm looking forward to it! If there's anything you need help on, feel free to let me know. Is it going to be an interactive dex where people can input their shinies, methods, games, etc.? If it's manually updated, I wouldn't mind helping you out.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
Well, we have the weekly contests (Squirtle is this week's), but there are going to be yearly (and possibly monthly) contests starting in 2012!

so like what we did in the old Serebii club and what they are kinda doing in the Shinyhuntersunited forum?

G-Money

Years
so like what we did in the old Serebii club and what they are kinda doing in the Shinyhuntersunited forum?

I just joined Serebii in January, so I don't know of any contests they had besides the circuit. Ours will be similar to a circuit, but will be a bit longer and maybe more thematic? I'm still working on it, but feel free to post any ideas/suggestions. *still just an idea I'm throwing around*

And it won't be like SHU's, since it's not a team quest. It will be individual, as we wouldn't have enough members to do teams anyways, and the length of this (a full year) would make it frustrating if teammates took breaks from hunting or something. This way, everyone can go at their own pace (if they even want to participate).

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Gee... It sure has been a while.

My last visit to PC was on April 2nd, 2010. The only names I remotely recognize right off are G-Money and MetalMario... But to be honest, last time I was here, PC let you change your screen name, so who knows, I might still be familiar with you all and just not know it.

They say you always come home. And I guess that's true. I took another hiatus of sorts, or let's just say life got in the way and I lost interest. I can't keep up with the changes in competitive battling and I never really recovered from the Platinum changes.
But things come and go and Black & White came and the enhanced Masuda Method came as well.
I primarily put my focus there, and got these shinies:

Zorua: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jU2OnAMzqo

Litwick: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbuKh9yYn2k

Cottonee: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weX7JKezRTE

Litwick again while training the hatched Litwick: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRWhAPG7UDE

Scraggy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9drL-fnZgY

Scraggy is the most recent, but after a few failed attempts and needing to do other things, I haven't been able to hunt recently, and unfortunately I don't see it anytime in the near future (at least the next two months anyways).

However there's been rumblings of Ruby/Sapphire remakes, so I'm pretty excited about that.

I might try SRing something in 3rd Gen, not sure what or if I'll get around to it.

I hope everyone here is doing OK, and good luck hunting. I'll hover a bit and see what happens.

rager3

Akatsuki Member
Years
Heey guys :D I've just had all my tests and come back from the gym and noticed that the clubs changed :O (screaaaaaaammm*)

Okay so a new club means having to sign up i guess lol :D So İ'm up for the club sign me up and register the name RAGER3 pleasee :D

Anyway like i said i've been busy with my tests and got 64% from maths :O [yaaay but boo :( ] so i haven't been hunting foooor sooo long :D İ'm still on the shiny quest for my firered pokemon that i started in august lol :D Haven't hunted for 4 months [Workıng at the beach,Exams,Gym . blablabla...] so i'm going start hunting agian right this second... Wait no i've Got a biology exam in 10 minutes :O :(

Sooo quick update;
FİRE RED SHİNY QUEST
1 SHİNY:Ratatta (encountered 14:46 hr into the game)
2 SHİNY: Random target on Route 24 (2574 RE already :)

Years
Welcome back, DDD!
I was checking random guides for OOT3D on the Zelda wiki and I came across a video about entering Jabu Jabu's belly as an adult. When it ended with your Earthworm Jim "GROOVY!" I was like *ghasp!*
I checked the owner, and sure enough... ^^

It's good to have another legend back.
It makes me want to Masuda things but I have so much other stuff I need to prepare first. The first of which being migrating my wi-fi profile to my 3DS, if that's possible.

I'm keeping my SP in my laptop bag now, so I should be able to SR Kyogre whenever.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
2011-11-09213943.jpg

.........................110 encounters.........................................

reason why im not happy is because my Vigoroth decided to have a Crit Hit Slash moment and one-shoted him. of course, im gonna avenge this one, just with a weaker move....................

my third lost Pokemon.........

ah well

Back