• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon anime voices that you don't like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2013
Pokemon:
--> Lucario
--> Quilava
--> Bonsly

4Kids:
--> Lisa Ortiz as various COTDs
--> Professor Ivy

TPCi:
--> Ash (BF and DP dubs)
--> Brock (DP dub)
--> May
--> Max
--> Meowth (BW dub)
--> Iris
--> Professor Oak

Last edited:

pokemanmdj

Random Passerby
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
Personally, as of right now, I dislike Bianca's and Lyra's.

Not really that they sounded annoying, but more or less- I disliked their voices simply because they didn't really match the voices I had in my head when I played the games.

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2013
Personally, as of right now, I dislike Bianca's and Lyra's.

Not really that they sounded annoying, but more or less- I disliked their voices simply because they didn't really match the voices I had in my head when I played the games.

Understandable. The only voices I dislike right now are Iris', Meowth's, and Professor Oak's voices. Though personally, I don't prefer a single voice actor from TPCi's dub to their 4Kids dub equivalent, and I've somehow come to terms with that. xD.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
I've only watched a few subbed episodes, but man, I just can't deal with the Japanese voices. I know they're the original voices etc, but yeah.

As for English voices, Meowth grinds after a while, Gary's voice always irritated me, but was that intentional? To make him annoying? Piplup ARGH!!! Probably the worst one imo, can't stand Piplup. Barry's voice was quite irritating as well.

Trip's voice annoys me too, but only because it sounds too similar to Paul's voice to me.

Really, quite a lot of them irritate me, but I just get used to them the more those characters appear. Apart from Piplup. I never got used to Piplup.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
The voices that annoy me most are Tepig, Sandile, Meowth, and Cilan. At least the first two have evolved and are sounding better, but Meowth's new voice since AG sounds like he's grown up, even though he doesn't look grown up to me. Don't know for a reason why I don't like Cilan, but I just don't prefer his voice compared to some of the others.

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
Years
I personally love the English Oshawott's voice, as well as Piplups. They are both kind of high-pitched and just.. Adorable. Oshawott is of course the cutest.

I hate most of the bird Pokemon that I've heard. Mainly Ash's Staravia and the Archeops in the episode it came up in.

I didn't like Ash's Turtwig or Gliscor at first, but after hearing them repeatedly for awhile, their voices grew on me. Like a huge tumor.

Some of the human voices in the anime sound forced, fake or overused. In DP, I recall numerous times hearing someone with the same voice as Zoe (Dawn's friend/rival.)

Umbreon doesn't sound dark enough from what I remember- it's just a high-pitched whine like the rest of the eeveelutions. I imagined it more dark and raspy.

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
Years
I haven't watched a lot of BW in English, but from what I have heard, I don't really like Axew's English voice. And I can't believe so many people hate Tepig's English voice! I think it sounds ADORABLE. I love its little pig squeaks! I like his Japanese voice too. They both sound so cute. D:

I have more of a problem with the human characters when it comes to the dub voices, but the one I really can't stand is James. I just really dislike the voice actor that took over when TPCi took over after 4Kids. Maybe it's just because I really, really loved Eric Stuart as James, but I can barely stand listening to him in the dub now, he makes me cringe. I prefer his Japanese voice WAY more now that I've been watching BW in Japanese, which is good because I love James and it's hard to listen to him or take him seriously at all in English. >.< Jimmy Zoppi's Meowth is pretty terrible too, but not AS bad as James. I don't really like Iris' English voice either (she sounds a little too forced sometimes), but other than that, most of them are okay.

I used to hate practically every TPCi voice actor, but that was when I was still whiny over the fact that they got rid of all the 4Kids VAs. Aside from Zoppi, most of them are okay now.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
I really hated Butch's voice in the anime lol. His voice was just bleh, so ugly to hear at @_@

Yeah, the worse voice in the anime. My favorite is Oshawott's. It's cute xD. It was a little strange Ash having a girly voice in the first season O_O

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I really dislike Minccino's voice, I thought it would sound cute sort of like Emolga's voice, but Minccino didn't sound the way I was expecting.

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2013
I haven't watched a lot of BW in English, but from what I have heard, I don't really like Axew's English voice. And I can't believe so many people hate Tepig's English voice! I think it sounds ADORABLE. I love its little pig squeaks! I like his Japanese voice too. They both sound so cute. D:

I have more of a problem with the human characters when it comes to the dub voices, but the one I really can't stand is James. I just really dislike the voice actor that took over when TPCi took over after 4Kids. Maybe it's just because I really, really loved Eric Stuart as James, but I can barely stand listening to him in the dub now, he makes me cringe. I prefer his Japanese voice WAY more now that I've been watching BW in Japanese, which is good because I love James and it's hard to listen to him or take him seriously at all in English. >.< Jimmy Zoppi's Meowth is pretty terrible too, but not AS bad as James. I don't really like Iris' English voice either (she sounds a little too forced sometimes), but other than that, most of them are okay.

I used to hate practically every TPCi voice actor, but that was when I was still whiny over the fact that they got rid of all the 4Kids VAs. Aside from Zoppi, most of them are okay now.

I don't like Meowth or Iris' voices in BW myself, but James sounds pretty close when compared to some of the others back in Battle Frontier and the DP sagas. He just sounds like he has a nose cold all the time now. I admit, it's very distracting, and I easily prefer Eric Stuart myself. However, it was one of the few voices I somewhat found similar to the predecessor. That's just me, though.

Right now, Jimmy Zoppi's Meowth is the worst for me. It sounds nothing like either his two older dub VAs or Inuyama Inuko- just gravelly and deep. I can't stand how forced he sounds in the role. It sounds like Weevil Underwood hit Brooklyn to me. XD.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back