• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
I don't see evolution lines being extended. It's too late, imo. It could have been done in 2nd gen but now, with so many pokemons , it'll be stupid.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
I'm sad because some people forgot Tentacruel is Water/Poison too...
Anyways a Tentacruel evolution would be awesome to see, a giant jellyfish that looks alien like.

We should make a petition for a Dunspance evolution...maybe if GF hasn't already made one they could add it in before the game's out (and if they don't wish to mess with their dex number, that's if they finished making it already, they can give it the DP dex treatment).

Actually, the difference is so drastic between Tentacool and Tentacruel (2 ft., 11 in., vs. 5 ft., 3 in.,) that I wouldn't be surprised to see it get an inverted Roselia treatment, but maybe that's just me…

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Nope, I think they're done at three stages, they're suppose to represent the stages of metamorphosis after all which only has three stages (four if you're counting egg).

9n Basculin, I see it getting two evolutions, one for red, and one for blue. I see reds being fast and strong but with weak defense and look mean, and blue's having high defense and hp, and look more regal. Both evolutions can be Water/Steel.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Sudowoodo evolution? It feels to me like that the bonsley/sudowoodo was just uncomplete. I feel like Sudowoodo is more of a middle stage pokemon and should have an evolution after him. Any thoughts? Also the Slugma/Magcargo one too. I feel as if Magcargo is a middle stage in that one and needs one more evolution.

It seems to me that Bonsly is too small to be a direct pre-evolution to Sudowoodo, but, again, maybe that's…oh, never mind: I'm being redundant here.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Sorry if I'm abruptly changing the subject, but here it goes:
Do you think the 3 stages per evolutionary family will always be the maximum, or do you think we could get some 4 stages evolutions with the new generation?

Me personally, i could see it happening, but I'm not sure if I would like it or not. 4 Stages seems like a little bit too much, on the other hand, it could offer some awesome new possibilites...

Its pretty set in stone by now. I don't see them going out of the 3 stages since it keeps it fairly simple. It can get as complex as Digimon if they go over that.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I definitely don't want anything over three stages. As stated, it's the stages of metamorphosis, going over three would break that. Plus it's so well established that changing it this late in the game is just weird in my opinion.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Its pretty set in stone by now. I don't see them going out of the 3 stages since it keeps it fairly simple. It can get as complex as Digimon if they go over that.

I guess that makes pretty much sense. Maybe if they had implemented it sooner, but now it really would complicate things way too much.

Neeni

Stage On!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 11, 2013
Even though it's really late, but I'd DIE to see an evolution for Houndoom! maybe one with 4 horns and definitely stronger stats! it's such an awesome pokemon with huge potential and nice unusual typing combo (Fire/Dark), and since we are lacking fire pokemons in the games I think it would be perfect~

PokeLordAndrew

Emulation Noob
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2013
Even though it's really late, but I'd DIE to see an evolution for Houndoom! maybe one with 4 horns and definitely stronger stats! it's such an awesome pokemon with huge potential and nice unusual typing combo (Fire/Dark), and since we are lacking fire pokemons in the games I think it would be perfect~

This would be good, if Houndoom didn't suck.
I still love Houndoom, but he's not that great.
:t229:

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Even though it's really late, but I'd DIE to see an evolution for Houndoom!

Now that would be awesome! I've always loved Houndoom and would love to see a stronger version of him!
He could get a another 2 heads maybe and become bigger in size, you know, based on a Cerberus?

Spoiler:

PokeLordAndrew

Emulation Noob
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2013
Now that would be awesome! I've always loved Houndoom and would love to see a stronger version of him!
He could get a another 2 heads maybe and become bigger in size, you know, based on a Cerberus?

Spoiler:
Can I have this right now, if this happens, it immediately becomes my fire type of choice.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
It looks awesome but evil! :( The fact that it just looks -so- evil makes me wonder if Pokemon would allow something that evil. But a three headed doom bringer would be fun though so ya!

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I really hope they don't do the three-headed Pokémon thing again. Although I'd love a Houndoom evolutino, we already have Dodrio, Magneton, Dugtrio, Hydreigon with three-headed evolutions. No more =P

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I really hope they don't do the three-headed Pokémon thing again. Although I'd love a Houndoom evolutino, we already have Dodrio, Magneton, Dugtrio, Hydreigon with three-headed evolutions. No more =P

But why not :( i know there are already some 3-headed Pokemon out there, but it's not like there is a huge amount of them, plus it would fit to Houndoom's design and theme...you made me really sad Jake :/

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
But why not :( i know there are already some 3-headed Pokemon out there, but it's not like there is a huge amount of them, plus it would fit to Houndoom's design and theme...you made me really sad Jake :/

Sorry =x I just think the design is been used so much I don't want anymore =P They very well might make it happen, but I'd rather that they didn't. Plus they usually go from two heads to three (excluding Magneton and Dugtrio for that one), so it'd be weird to see it. As for the Hydra thing...errr 10 headed dog wat.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Starters can't have Pre-evolutions. They are already in 3 stage sets.

I actually only meant to put out my opinion that some starters, like those in Kanto's reptile trio, are similar enough to potentially have a pre-evolution…if GameFreak reads my following post:

Why does GameFreak limit Pokémon to only two evolutions? I mean, it does make sense that some people wouldn't find themselves able to keep track of more than that, but evolution trees could do some cool things if this limitation were removed. They could split more than two times (although I don't think any splits have affected any evolutionary tree more than once; it would be cool to see this happen,) and they could also connect similar evolutionary trees via shared pre-evolutions that aren't currently possible due to this limitation (most of the electric rodents could get share a prevo even with the limitation in place, I think, and that might foreshadow the limitation's removal.)

But, in a reply posted by Jake♫ and quoted below, the probability that this might occur is next to nothing:

Because you're now changing how evolution has worked for five generations of games. Splitting things just for the sake of doing it isn't going to add anything to the games except unneeded complexity that is going to confuse people. Just because people think things looks similar doesn't mean they're related, and going back to change them for fan service is just a silly thing to do. If they meant for similar things to be related than they would be.…

At best, they might just make a few exceptions to the rule…after a few more generations. So I'm jumping the gun.

Same base doesn't mean same species. Pikachu, Rattatta, and Sandshrew are all mouse Pokemon. By that they should all share an evolutionary family.

This is of course ignoring the fact that no Gen 5 Pokemon are related to older generation Pokemon as stated by the creators.

I doubt we'll ever get any linking between Gen 5 and past generation Pokemon.

When and where did GameFreak ever tell us that none of the Gen. V Pokémon have no evolutionary relation to any Pokémon from the previous generations?

No. Zubat's line is already three stages, it's not going to be given any sort of new pre-evolution or evolution. However I'd definitely be fine giving the Woobat line a third evolution similar to the friendship one of Crobat.

I meant that there could be a split evolution between those two lines, but, now that I look into it, their coloration and designs are just a tad too different from those of each other's evolutionary lines to really be related closely enough to be connected via evolution.

Manaphy is Genderless. Phione is supposed to be a seperate species through combining Ditto's DNA with Manaphy's. Since Phione is considered a Legendary Pokemon by Gamefreak and TPC, she won't be getting an evolution.

Oh…I guess that I misunderstood that Manaphy and Generation IV changed how Ditto breeding had worked since the beginning of Pokémon. Usually, this process produces the earliest evolutionary predecessor of the other Pokémon involved in the breeding session.

Last edited:
Back