• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2012
trading pokemon

ok i know i might sound like a newb but i've looked in 3 of the pokemon centres so far and i cant find the stairs which takes you to the place to trade pokemon can someone please tell me where to go?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
I've been trying to play this, using LIPs to patch the .ips, but it isn't working :| it just launches the normal ROM and not the patched one with Light Platinum data. What am I doing wrong?

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
where can i find the pokeblock case? someone please help me

Pokeblocks are not in the game. Feebas evolves by Water Stone.

ok i know i might sound like a newb but i've looked in 3 of the pokemon centres so far and i cant find the stairs which takes you to the place to trade pokemon can someone please tell me where to go?

This is a hack. Why would you think trading would work?

I've been trying to play this, using LIPs to patch the .ips, but it isn't working :| it just launches the normal ROM and not the patched one with Light Platinum data. What am I doing wrong?

I don't know. What are you doing wrong? What emulator are you using? Try deleting the .sa1 or .sav file if VBA?

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
> I will not answer any questions about how to make this work on a phone, PSP, or anything that isn't Visual Boy Advance!

ಠ_ಠ

Mathula

Galactic Champion
Years
question

ok i have a question.

how to see happiness in pokemon lp?

do you have to talk to someone or find a poketech like thingy like in platinum?

or you cant do it at all?

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
That's a very good question and I'm honestly not sure. I'm pretty sure there isn't a special item for it, but there might be an NPC hidden somewhere that does it. Or there might not.

Anyone know the answer to this one?

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
It was in both of the release posts that I made, which are linked in my signature. Not being Wesley, I didn't make the first post.

Mathula

Galactic Champion
Years
That's a very good question and I'm honestly not sure. I'm pretty sure there isn't a special item for it, but there might be an NPC hidden somewhere that does it. Or there might not.

Anyone know the answer to this one?

Thanks Snake.I just wanted to evolve Pichu.And i hope that there is a way

for that.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Well in the original Ruby there was a NPC that checked the happiness in Verdantuf Town... I believe Wes used some original maps so the NPC should be present...
I don't have ROM with me right now so I cannot check it with A-Map...

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Alright, I just added a healing NPC to Yellow Town, where the Shinx on the bench used to be.

The downside is, Wesley was very inconsistent about reusing scripts, so that means some other Shinx may randomly heal you instead of making Shinx noises. I went through and grabbed most of them, but I don't remember where every Shinx everywhere in the game is... So if anyone runs into a magic healing fairy Shinx in 1.2, let me know and I'll fix it. xD

I've just got to sit down and go through the tedium of fixing the Pokedex entries now. Everything else is done.

EDIT: Half-done the Pokedex entries. I'll only be fixing the Unova ones because they're just completely wrong, Wesley's grammar-problem-Sinnoh-ones will stay because editing these the way I have to do it to avoid all the bugs forever is a massive *****.

Last edited:

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
I've gone through this entire thing without adding a single script or doing a single repoint and due to how many crazy glitches there are I'm trying very hard to keep it that way. It's probably just me being unnecessarily cautious, but given what happened to your and SP's translation attempt, and that the same thing happened to mine several times until I started doing it this way... maybe it isn't. And Shinx was the only nonessential script large enough for me to add healing to without making it bigger than it was before, as the cry stuff was in there.

There's... a pretty good chance there's still a magic Shinx fairy somewhere. I checked all the major cities and some of the routes, but there's probably more Shinx inside some buildings, and 60-70% of the Shinx I found used the script I cannibalized while the others had new ones, so...

God the coding is a mess ._.;

That said, I've got something to do today, but I can probably have the final version up tonight or tomorrow.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Regarding Pichu evolving into Pikachu, per its article...

It evolves into Pikachu when leveled up with high friendship, which evolves into Raichu when exposed to a Thunderstone.

If you have not been friendly to it, such as it constantly fainting in battle or you giving it medicinal herbs and such that it doesn't like, then you will not be able to evolve it.

My advice: catch another and try again. You'll never evolve it now since it can't level up any further.

Cyclone

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
This should be my final update to Light Platinum!

This will only work if patched to a Ruby 1.0 ROM.

The patch is too large to upload as an attachment, so I've Sendspaced it again.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/6swelg

Edit: Mediafire mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/?5sti7px30yi7al3

If you get a white screen, you are using the wrong rom, or your emulator is not correctly set. Turn VBA off, delete the Light Platinum.sa1 or .sav file, turn VBA back on, go to Options -> Emulator -> Save Type -> Flash 128k, turn VBA off again, then turn it back on and load the rom once more. If that doesn't work, you are not using a Ruby 1.0 Rom. When looking for it, googling '0907 Ruby 1.0 (U)' might help. I found one on 4shared.

I will not answer any questions about how to make this work on a phone, PSP, or anything that isn't Visual Boy Advance!

Updates (1.1 & Final):
- All Pokemon except Venipede's line now have the correct base experience and catch rates. Venipede giving tons of experience was something fun and memorable to me, so though it's not as much as before, they still give way more experience than they should.
- Kenta has been renamed to Gold, and is correctly referred to as Oak's assistant, not his nephew.
- Pokemon that were unavailable in Mt. Draken due to the wild encounters not working there will now show up in Mt. Shuem (the first area where you use Lava Surf), with Gible in the first area, and Bagon in the final one.
- Rayner (I think that's the correct name? The Serenity gym leader) will now always show up in the Power Plant. One or two text errors were fixed as well, and Growlithe can now learn HM05 Lava Surf. I did this for Tyranee's Let's Play months ago and never posted it.
- Unova Pokemon now have appropriate Pokedex entries, usually a slightly edited one combined from both Black and White due to space constraints.
- A serious glitch involving Emboar and possibly other Unova or Sinnoh starters has been fixed.
- The wild encounters in Mt. Draken and Mt. Winter now work properly, but I will be leaving Gible and Bagon in Mt. Shuem because I like Gible.
- An NPC on a bench in Yellow Town will now heal your Pokemon.

Bugs:
- Don't enter the Normal Rank Contest.
- You may need to enter and exit the Pokémon Center after Red's Gyarados uses Rain Dance in Esmerald City.
- Some items may respawn.
- Cries have not been changed, and Sinnoh Pokedex entries have not been corrected from Wesley's badly translated versions.
- Some Shinx on the overworld may heal your Pokemon if you talk to them. (Let me know if this happens, and where, and I'll fix it)
- Buggy events in Lauren. (Ash493 may be taking this project on.)

Thanks to (in no particular order)...
- Wesley FG, who made this hack and deserves far, far more credit than I do.
- Banjora Marxvile, for poking me and for making me take a look at the XP issue, and flat-out giving me the fix for the wild encounters.
- Ash493, for letting me know how healing scripts work, even though I am lazy and only did the bare minimum there.
- giradialkia, for making awesome music.
- 0shawott, for the Emboar thing.
- Sarcastic Prince, for the Kenta thing.
- Darthatron, HackMew, Lu-Ho, and anyone else who made tools I used.
- Me!

This should be my last update. I just realized that I forgot to take a look at the boat, too. However, Ash493 has expressed a desire to bugfix more of the game, especially Lauren, and he has my permission to do so. While there may be future updates, it'll probably be him releasing them, not me.

Like last time, I've done very minimal testing, so if anything I did broke anything, let me know and I'll do what I can.

Last edited:
Back