The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Previous Generations
3rd Gen Good Electric Pokemon?

Old October 14th, 2018 (4:02 AM). Edited October 15th, 2018 by PokeRed128.
GBA all da way

Ok so...first of all here is my planned team ON POKEMON FIRE RED:

Blastoise (Owned)
    Alakazam (Owned)
    Growlithe (Owned)
    Pidgeot (Owned)
    Jolteon (Not Owned Yet)
    ??? (I need suggestion)

EDIT : Maybe Rhyhorn

BTW,yes I can do trades to evolve certain pokemon.
    Old October 14th, 2018 (4:09 AM).
    GBA all da way

Ive been planning to have a jolteon on my team.BTW here is my current team ON FIRERED.

Blastoise
      Alakazam
      Pidgeot
      Growlithe
      Paras (HM Slave)

So anyone suggest any other electric pokemon besides jolteon?
      Old October 14th, 2018 (4:37 AM).

oh hey I'm gonna merge this thread with your other one since it's for the same game and playthrough and stuff

jsyk
      Old October 14th, 2018 (10:53 AM). Edited October 14th, 2018 by CodeHelmet.
      Just your average Spaceball

Nature: Relaxed
        If you’re looking for a good Electric Type that isn’t Jolteon, then you really have just four other options.

Option#1: Raichu. Pikachu is available relatively early and hence could have been an asset against Misty and all those Flying Types for the entire run. Raichu is also fast and has decent offensive stats, regardless if they’re Physical or Special.

Option#2: Electabuzz. Exclusive to Red Version, it’s available via the Power Plant.

Option#3: Magneton. Slow but extremely strong Electric Type that has Steel Typing. Due to the Typing, Magneton does extremely well against Lorelei

Option#4: Electrode. Fast as heck but not much else going for it in my opinion.

Could also use Zapdos but that is kind of low bearing fruit as I see it. Of those I’d use Raichu or Magneton.

Want to raise Pokemon? Check out VPP
        Old October 15th, 2018 (11:29 AM).

Nature: Hasty
          The speed crit mechanic is non-existent in Gen III, so Jolteon isn't quite as viable as it once was.

As CodeHelmet pointed out, each Pokémon have their own uses.

My personal recommendation is Raichu, since Pikachu can learn Thunderbolt relatively early at Level 26. It would save you thousands of PokéDollars, which you'll want to save for purchasing loads of Hyper Potions and Revives. It can even learn Brick Break, which the TM for it can be obtained at both the SS Anne and the Celadon Mart.

Electabuzz is quite versatile offensively, though Fire Punch and Ice Punch are exclusive to Emerald's Move Tutors (which are costly, FYI.). It can be taught Psychic and Brick Break by TMs.
          Old October 15th, 2018 (11:55 PM). Edited October 16th, 2018 by PokeRed128.
          GBA all da way

Quote:
            Originally Posted by CF1994 View Post
            The speed crit mechanic is non-existent in Gen III, so Jolteon isn't quite as viable as it once was.

As CodeHelmet pointed out, each Pokémon have their own uses.

My personal recommendation is Raichu, since Pikachu can learn Thunderbolt relatively early at Level 26. It would save you thousands of PokéDollars, which you'll want to save for purchasing loads of Hyper Potions and Revives. It can even learn Brick Break, which the TM for it can be obtained at both the SS Anne and the Celadon Mart.

Electabuzz is quite versatile offensively, though Fire Punch and Ice Punch are exclusive to Emerald's Move Tutors (which are costly, FYI.). It can be taught Psychic and Brick Break by TMs.
            Okay,firstly I know that pikachu needs lvl 50-60 to reach its full potential.But my main problem is that I dont know if pikachu has bad defense or not.If yes,will raichu have enaugh defense TO NOT become squishy? BTW I heard ThunderBolt TM is in the power plant
            Old October 16th, 2018 (12:49 AM). Edited October 16th, 2018 by PokeRed128.
            GBA all da way

Okay MAYBE I will get a pikachu in the power plant later,but I really worried that the moveset of the pikachus are bad.So if any1 with incredible pkmn knowledge pls share thx.

Based on Bulbapedia,the pikachus apoear at level 22,24,26.
              Old October 16th, 2018 (3:39 AM).
              GBA all da way

BTW : Please don't merge this thread,because it will make this less noticeable.I need this.

So someone pointed out in one of my threads that jolteon isnt as good in gen 3 cuz of no more speed crit.So raichu or jolteon??? Im still confused I need desperate help.
                Old October 16th, 2018 (4:20 AM).

Quote:
                Originally Posted by PokeRed128 View Post
                BTW : Please don't merge this thread,because it will make this less noticeable.I need this.

So someone pointed out in one of my threads that jolteon isnt as good in gen 3 cuz of no more speed crit.So raichu or jolteon??? Im still confused I need desperate help.
                I'm sorry but I've merged the threads anyway. There's so reason for you to have separate threads on what is essentially the same topic, and I don't think that you'll have to worry about things being not noticeable enough.
                Old October 16th, 2018 (7:33 AM).

Nature: Hasty
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by PokeRed128 View Post
                  Okay,firstly I know that pikachu needs lvl 50-60 to reach its full potential.But my main problem is that I dont know if pikachu has bad defense or not.If yes,will raichu have enaugh defense TO NOT become squishy? BTW I heard ThunderBolt TM is in the power plant
                  Both Pikachu and Raichu are rather frail, particularly on the physical defense, so bear that in mind. Raichu can also learn Strength, Flash, and Rock Smash by HM if you want extra options to clear obstacles while giving some of your team good coverage.

Most Electric-types in Kanto, bar Zapdos and Magneton, are not exactly the bulkiest Pokémon out there anyways, but at the end of the day, it is entirely up to you on what Electric Pokémon floats your boat.
                  Old October 16th, 2018 (10:00 AM).
                  Just your average Spaceball

Nature: Relaxed
                    Raichu is frail when it comes to Physical attacks, hence opponents that have strong attack stats, particularly Ground Types, should be avoided at all cost. Pikachu learns Thunderbolt at level 26, which is the earliest of all Electric Types and learns Thunder and Light Screen at 41 and 50 respectively. If you don't plan to have those moves, you can evolve Pikachu not long after it learns Thunderbolt(although I'd wait until 41 for Thunder despite its accuracy).

Magneton has Steel Typing so its able to absorb Physical attacks better but has a x4 weakness to Ground moves and doesn't learn any valuable Steel moves. Therefore it should be treated as an Electric type with a strong defense at the expense of speed. It doesn't learn Thunderbolt naturally so it will have to be taught that Best in Show Electric move.

Electabuzz, of the available options, is arguably the best pick outside of the legendary Zapdos but it doesn't learn Thunderbolt until level 47 and can't be obtained until you reach the Power Plant midway through your run.

Also, Thunderbolt TM is obtained via Rocket Game Corner(4000 coins) and not at the Power Plant. The TM's you obtain in the Power Plant are TM17(Protect) and TM25 or Thunder. There are also a couple Thunderstones and other useful items to find.

Want to raise Pokemon? Check out VPP

Quick Reply