• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2012 Survivor's Party @ Drakow's House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
Ugh, safety is heaviley ignored in this present generation. Including the new citizens who are starting as rookies, sometimes I wish people paid more attention to what's in front, or behind then those silly devices that they've to contanstly monitor.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Too much stress for me to drive that's why I dont do it. I tried to learn and got so scared that my mom's car had got totaled in an accident( not her fault) that I just couldnt do it anymore.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Ugh, safety is heaviley ignored in this present generation. Including the new citizens who are starting as rookies, sometimes I wish people paid more attention to what's in front, or behind then those silly devices that they've to contanstly monitor.

...Can you even drive? Everyone has to be a rookie at some point.

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
...Can you even drive? Everyone has to be a rookie at some point.
I've been learning since I was 12 years old, however since I'm not the legal age to actually drive inside the city or the high way. I know everyone starts as a rookie, but in order to be able to drive onto the highway legally you've to understand the basic rules of the road, what I refer to as "Rookie" is simply someone who passed their test, but can't apply the safety of the road into concerdiation. You've your own opinions, and I've my own., and the meaning of words are also what you think of it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I picked up driving easily. Not saying I was perfect because I wasn't especially under pressure of my mom but I just kind of got behind the wheel and went. Though only on automatic. Haven't learned how to drive a stick-shift.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
Years
Cellphones are illegal where I am, so it's really annoying to see people yaking away on them. I was actually stuck between like three people who were on their cellphones and I was terrified for what could have happened because I had no idea if these people were actually concentrating on the road or not. Thankfully nothing happened, but I suppose that's just another reason to be a defensive driver. That also reminds me of the time I was on the highway to pick up my sister from the airport. Two people were coming up pretty fast and I was like "huh, I wonder if they'll slow down." They didn't. They were street racing and the meridian was right next to me so I was just hoping they wouldn't hit me. One of them switched lanes.

I like driving. I found it pretty easy to pick up too, but paying for gas sucks :'(

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I've been learning since I was 12 years old, however since I'm not the legal age to actually drive inside the city or the high way. I know everyone starts as a rookie, but in order to be able to drive onto the highway legally you've to understand the basic rules of the road, what I refer to as "Rookie" is simply someone who passed their test, but can't apply the safety of the road into concerdiation. You've your own opinions, and I've my own., and the meaning of words are also what you think of it.

Meanings are fairly standard. That's what dictionaries are for.

Moogles, cellphones in cars are illegal or cellphones in general? That is some strict place you're living.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I see people on their phones behind the wheel all the time, even though it is against the law now. I don't do it. I try to be as safe while driving as I can. I have hands free though. But I never call out.

Since we're talking about driving too... my school is only 20 minutes away and I work from home. Any driving I do is within the area. I haven't been on a highway in quite some time because I'm rarely downtown and when I am it's with the rest of the family so I'm not the one driving. XD I find highway driving easier though, you just go straight lol

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Where I am, texting while driving is illegal, but I dont know how its actually enforced. I think cellphones in cars are legal though.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
In my country, texting while driving = massive fine. Caught doing it again = loss of licence for an indefinite amount of time. God bless New Zealand.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I usually put my phone on speakerphone unless I absolutely can't hear the other person. It's not illegal to talk on the phone while driving here, but I use the speaker most of the time anyway.

Texting is illegal here though - as it should be. Texting while driving is the height of stupidity and is just asking for a death wish. :/

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Banning talking while driving if you don't hold the phone in your hands is kind of silly imo - it's the same as talking to a friend while driving and that's not banned.

I also read a study once where listening to music calms you down while driving but makes your actual driving worse. >_o

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I usually put my phone on speakerphone unless I absolutely can't hear the other person. It's not illegal to talk on the phone while driving here, but I use the speaker most of the time anyway.

Texting is illegal here though - as it should be. Texting while driving is the height of stupidity and is just asking for a death wish. :/

See, I don't understand why talking on the phone is allowed when texting isn't. I'm assuming you mean physically holding the phone to your ears and talking is't banned, by the way. I have no problem with talking while the phone is on speakerphone, that's fine. I just don't see how you can be allowed to hold the phone to your ears and talk if texting is banned too.

Unless I've misread your post entirely, oops.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Whether you're talking or texting its still distraction. Texting is worse obviously since you're taking your eyes off the road in most cases to type a message. Even talking on your phone, some focus is shifted from driving to conversation.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I guess it's because texting you literally have to take your eyes off the road? Idk governments are very self-contradictory when it comes to laws, look at pot and alcohol.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years

No phones here. Texting or talking, doesn't matter. Can't use a phone behind the wheel. I guess because they want you to have both hands on the wheel. But then... why not ban drinking coffee behind the wheel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back