• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Smash 4/7/2013 + April CoroCoro: Mewtwo's New Form!

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I wonder if it's ability will change like Giratina and Kyurem's or if it'll stay the same.

That'd be cool. It kinda looked like it was hovering so maybe give it Levitate like Giratina got. Then again that doesn't mean much (Mew having Synchronize for example), but it'd make sense I guess.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I agree with Jake here. At least give it Levitate so it can switch in on EQ-users, but I think that's as far as it should go on the "overpowered" scale (depending on actual transformation methods, and on whether or not it utilizes a move to transform rather than an item. I'm really hoping it's the latter on this one, since it needs to be nerfed down, somehow).
I really want a Photoshop of Mewtwo holding a Nerf gun. Like, now.

I don't see why people would actually CHOOSE a forme that is weaker than the original Mewtwo. Why add it then?

Cyclone

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
By Nerfing, I mean nerfed in the same way they nerfed Giratina-O. By having it required that Mewtwo be hold a specific item, it would limit it's overall potential, that is, to balance out any other OP things that it might have in inclusion with the forum (such as stat boosts, etc, if that makes sense).
Oh, well I wouldn't call that nerfing, more like limiting it's choices in items to one, now Gen 2 was what really Nerfed Mewtwo. Also I don't think they'll make Mewtwo hold an item as most of the formes don't require a hold item, likely it'll be a Key item.

Years
So where does Mewtwo get that "crown" (the part that looks like somewhat like Genesects cannon) from? Could it be a refrence to the crown chakra in Hinduism?

Years
You people are going to end up making this thing into a meme...
Anyways I hope Buutwo has an actual stat rearrangement if not a higher bst in order words please don't let this be another Keldeo.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
You people are going to end up making this thing into a meme...
Ask and thou shalt receive.

mewtwoform.jpg

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Keldeo's new forme didn't have any stat changes Derk :(

Anyway I don't think it'd be like Keldeo, and we'll actually get a difference in stats, at least Specially I think.

Years
Considering all the special attacks it used in the trailer it looks set to be a Special attacker like Normal Mewtwo, though it'll proably be faster as it looks like it's trying to move faster in the anime like it needs more speed of course that may just be anime stuff and have nothing to do with it's stats just how Keldeo is said to be stronger than before yet it has the same bst spread in the games as it's original forme...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Maybe it'll just have a new useless ability! Like Illusion or something.

Years
Well it's DW ability is pretty useless, so maybe something similar?
The only explanation for making Mewtwo stronger in story is that it's suppose to be the strongest Pokemon by creation. With Kyurem and Arceus around it sort of isn't quite there in terms of BSt. Of course BSt and story aren't connected, so who knows what kind of story explanation they'll give...maybe it learns a new signature move?

Guy

just a guy
Years
I mean, if the pros are: More special attack/speed, then I'd just like the cons for this new form to be Ability/Defenses/Perhaps not that strong of a signature move?
This is just based off of its appearance, but if stat changes were to be given, then I think the power behind its special attack and speed getting an increase while its defenses being lowered would make sense.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Yeah, I severely doubt they'd just boost Mewtwo's already sky-high BST just for the sake of a new form. They'd probably take stuff from other stats to boost it if that's what they're going for. That or it's just going to be a Keldo-Resolute and have a new aesthetic with zero actual practicality of the new form.

Years
Keldeo got it's new forme with it's signature move in B2W2...perhaps Mewtwo could get it's gen 5 move the same way? That way we don't have to level up a Mewtwo to level 100 to get the move (if we didn't get it from an event that is).

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2013
I feel as though this part of the transformation rut that I think Gamefreak is beginning to form. I mean I kind of get sick of new formes and not just a new Pokemon aren't you? I know everyone was at least a tiny bit disappointed when they announced that there was no Mewthree, just a new form of Mewtwo.

Back