• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

steven universe rp

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Yes?

Playing as alternate timeline where we'd be our own crystal gem OCs interacting with humans and hunting down corrupted gems while trying to hide from homeworld maybe.

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years
Oh dear me. Yes. I would love a Steven Universe RP c: I've wanted to see one come to fruition for the longest.

You have my vote.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
<3

Okay so at least a couple ish-interested peeps. Maybe I shall start planning it and we'll see if I can collect some more :)

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Alright, I'll outright state my interest now. I thought I'd have my fair share of RPs already, but the interest is... really starting to peter out, aha!

I would love to see a Steven-U RP! I think it sets itself up for a lot of a lot of meaningful character interactions, what with the core idea of fusion, and a lot of character creativity in-general.

A question I would have is how much of a stickler we'd be to the whole idea of gem "families" -- like how all quartz gems are long-haired, thickset, "warrior" gems. Would players get to choose their gems freely; would they have to pay attention to whether that gem was a quartz or a corundum, etc. and have that play into their character? Or would all that be, like, player-dependent, whether it matters to a gem or not.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I'm still playing catch up with SU but I know enough to know what you're talking about and I definitely want to try RPing again!

Put me down as a tentative yes please!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Alright, I'll outright state my interest now. I thought I'd have my fair share of RPs already, but the interest is... really starting to peter out, aha!

I would love to see a Steven-U RP! I think it sets itself up for a lot of a lot of meaningful character interactions, what with the core idea of fusion, and a lot of character creativity in-general.

A question I would have is how much of a stickler we'd be to the whole idea of gem "families" -- like how all quartz gems are long-haired, thickset, "warrior" gems. Would players get to choose their gems freely; would they have to pay attention to whether that gem was a quartz or a corundum, etc. and have that play into their character? Or would all that be, like, player-dependent, whether it matters to a gem or not.
I think it would be interesting to try to follow canon mechanics and gem nature as closely as possible. But as seen with the rubies for example, even the most basic similar gem types can be quite different :) and as seen with the canon crystal gems, they can change their ?clothing/attire? when reforming, and I imagine those labeling themselves as part of the crystal gems faction would probably do that to set themselves apart.

Perhaps we could workshop a list of known canon gem kinds and let anything unknown be ok to grab and shape as our imagination allows? :)

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Yeah ? so the canon stuff about quartz gems would still apply, and anything undefined in the show is player-dependent? I lik-ey.

What else canon story-wise do you want to keep? Is there a different impetus for the rebellion with a ?Rose Quartz? figure?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Yeah ? so the canon stuff about quartz gems would still apply, and anything undefined in the show is player-dependent? I lik-ey.

What else canon story-wise do you want to keep? Is there a different impetus for the rebellion with a ?Rose Quartz? figure?
Yeah, I'm thinking of an AU where the rebellion happened slightly differently and there might be room for more surviving gems around Earth in modern day time. We could play humans too.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
This may be the first RP I'm interested in. As I told you, count me as a tentative yes too.

Last edited:

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Definitely like there being more gems hanging around. And humans! Maybe... a gem-hybrid?

I'm already excited to fight some corruptions! Nice to see some more interest too ayyy! :]

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
This may be the first RP I'm interested in. As I told you, count me as a tentative yes too.
8D <333

Definitely like there being more gems hanging around. And humans! Maybe... a gem-hybrid?

I'm already excited to fight some corruptions! Nice to see some more interest too ayyy! :]
Yeah, I think we should have an overall background plot brewing, kind of like the past history that slowly unfolded over the course of the first seasons as Steve discovered more about the rebellion, Homeworld and his mother. But we should give plenty of room for players to get creative with their characters and imagination! At least to start with, and then it can all be tangled up into something more grim 8D

I thiiiink that the human-gem hybrid that is Steven is quite unique... Considering *spoilers spoilers* I don't want to talk about the canon plot here too much since Fairy is still watching the show! Gem mechanics and types is fine of course, and the Homeworld being led by diamonds needs to be fine to talk about too :) and the fact that there was a rebellion led by Rose Quartz in canon isn't a secret either.

Years
If I'd known SU was what it would take to get non-RPers into the RPT I'd have done this moths ago. Praise Rika!

Last edited:

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
So the AU wouldn't include the Rose Quartz having a Steven

What's really cool about an AU RP too is that, unlike the show, the backgrounds of the Crystal Gems and info about Homeworld won't be a "secret" to most of the player-characters; we wouldn't be looking at things solely from a Steven's perspective. How do you think the dynamics would change if everyone, to some extent, knew what was going on? Or maybe if not everyone was on the same page, and the gem characters couldn't/didn't want to say?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Interesting. Had wanted to do a SU RP months ago but it fell out. Now I have to catch up with the show; but if I do and I've got time, I'll probably join.

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
I love Steven Universe so of course I'm interested! Though I must admit the thought of having no human hybrids is a slight bummer to me. I'd really like to see what people could do with custom hybrids, especially considering the different strengths and weaknesses they would have from any gems.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I love Steven Universe so of course I'm interested! Though I must admit the thought of having no human hybrids is a slight bummer to me. I'd really like to see what people could do with custom hybrids, especially considering the different strengths and weaknesses they would have from any gems.
Oh, I didn't say there would be no hybrids ;) The setting will be sliiightly different, see.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Jul 17, 2018
Well I would definetely join! I actually never thought of a SU rp but it would work amazingly!

Back