• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Comedy of Circumstances - OOC Natter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kularian

Talespinner
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 14, 2014
10th of August, eh? Sweet.

I'm pretty much just lurking until then. Isaac is ready to go and smite some heathens. : D

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
Years
Hmm? But your Monday's probably around my Tuesday. Well, I'll try to post as early as possible.

There does seem to be an overcrowding of males though. Does this always happen? I've never noticed.

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2009
This has been bugging me... how do you pronounce Utopianist?

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Oh yes, we've got some more girl bits in the cast. About time, too. ;P

As for how common that is...it varies from time to time, really. But yeah, casts doe tend to sway towards male-heavy for some reason. Being the gender equalizer that I am, I don't get to play males much as a result. ;P

Woo! So glad to be accepted! Thank you very much Alter Ego. For a while I was afraid Nico might not be the kind of character you'd be looking for, but it looks like it worked out.

Now I have one question for you if you wouldn't mind answering it. Seeing as my character has political aspirations, could you fill me on some of the details of the current government and how it works? Just wanna be informed.

Ah yes, getting a bit of details on it would be in order eh.

I'm a bit too tired to get into detail about it now though (late night, rather prone to typing out something entirely wrong and/or incomprehensible <<), so I'll just get back to you on that.

This has been bugging me... how do you pronounce Utopianist?

yoo-toh-pee-uh-nist? Something like that? Try it on for size. XD

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2009
Sounds good, thanks. It really bugs when I think I am pronouncing something wrong(which I was).

Well, I think that there are a lot of males because lots of people are more comfortable playing them. A majority of rpers I know say that they are easier.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Sounds good, thanks. It really bugs when I think I am pronouncing something wrong(which I was).

Well, I think that there are a lot of males because lots of people are more comfortable playing them. A majority of rpers I know say that they are easier.

Psh, that's sexist thinking! Sexist I say! -shot'ed-

Eh, having played a pretty even mix of male/female characters for a while now, I've got to say that I don't really find one gender easier than the other. It really comes down to how you construct the individual character. The hardest character I've ever played was male. But each to his own, I suppose.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
Years
Well, I just put two and two together and feel silly now. xD; I realized I'm not going to be around on monday when the roleplay is set to start. Though I think it should be fine since I'll be back that night and probably read it then. :3

Well, I just put two and two together and feel silly now. xD; I realized I'm not going to be around on monday when the roleplay is set to start. Though I think it should be fine since I'll be back that night and probably read it then. :3

Don't feel silly
I'm going to be gone ALL of next week. =P

But don't worry, I made sure there was high speed internet in our hotel room.
We're good. I'll just have to do my writing between vacationing...
WOO!...? =D

Akustar

Isn't it sad?
Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
Yeah, I know my application is crap. I'll go and edit it when I have time, probably by Saturday night.

King!

better
Years
OKay, I'll be home at noon tomorrow, and by then I think I can have my application up on Sunday night, or Monday morning. So, hold tight!

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
The gender thing isn't so bad, now. It's only... oh, 7 males versus 5 females.

Head count:
Technocrats - 2 males, 1 female. Male majority.
Utopianists - 1 male, 1 female. Tie.
Agents - 1 male, 2 females. Female majority.
Freelancers - 3 males, 1 female. Overwhelming male majority.

Incidentally, nice to meet you, Kularian, the French "ringleader of hell", Akustar, and TowerWinder. I've not seen you around the site (or the RP section, for that matter) since this RP, so I'm acting on the assumption that you're new, based on your join date.

And a warm greeting to the rest of you, with whom I've met in some capacity or other (although you might not remember me). Especially Scarlet Weather and the GM.

Kularian

Talespinner
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 14, 2014
Incidentally, nice to meet you, Kularian, the French "ringleader of hell", Akustar, and TowerWinder. I've not seen you around the site (or the RP section, for that matter) since this RP, so I'm acting on the assumption that you're new, based on your join date.

And you as well ^^ I joined a bit ago before this RP, but I didn't post much at all. But a renewed sense of RP purpose filled me, so I figured I'd check the site out again. Got accepted into this one and have applied at another, so we'll see how things go ^^

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2009
Well on the gender thing, I was almost a female ^ ^ but then decided against it because another vision of a character filled my head.

And, hello Cirrus.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
So....yeah. I signed up. And got accepted, which was something of a surprise to me.

So.....hi. Some of you might know me....ah, hell, who am I kidding, none of you have any idea who I am. With one major exception (you know who you are :D).

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
Years
Ah, hi. Anybody who's been here for quite a long while might remember me. I took a couple of long breaks from PC, but I'm back. :)

Dreams: Oh, they do, do they?

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Well, you know me. Always full of surprises.

Speaking of which, getting that opening post done took me longer than expected, but it's there so go for it.

Also, for your further education, the first post of this thread will be updated with additional info and trivia as we go along, so checking up on it regularly might be a good way to avoid being confused. Currently, the ranks within Circumstances and the Utopianist church have been put up for display, so those with any interest in those matters: feel free to take a look. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back