• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Beta/Prototype analysis articles

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Planning thread for the various articles to be done, following the first article giving a general description (https://daily.pokecommunity.com/202...s-revealed-from-pokemon-gold-and-silver-demo/). There's been no evidence of C&Ds continuing, with the likes of TCRF, etc increasing analysis on the newest beta leaks, so I feel it'd fine to have pictures included in analysis articles.

Feel free to offer up ideas for articles, including if you want to write it yourself or not, or give feedback on them. No need to be Daily staff to write articles, remember!

Article ideas:

• 2nd gen starters. How the development has been very... weird for them, with the fire and water type starters redone, and the middle stage for Chikorita's line being weird. Evidence Cyndaquil had a different sprite and maybe its own line, while the original fire starter has some resembence to early Teddiursa... I want to write this.
  • Prototype Pokemon music. See examples uploaded on this person's channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/SankyMaster/videos Could be in-depth, could be a short 'look early versions of music here'. Up for grabs, willing to help co-write or offer suggestions though.

Articles being worked on:

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I got quite spooked after the C&Ds when the beta sprites got out, but if they've stopped then I think this is great. There is a lot of fascinating information and even things that we can infer from all the beta information. If we plan to make this a connected series, perhaps my older skateboard article can be added to it? I've not seen any more beta information pertaining to the skateboard, but it does go hand-in-hand with the beta map analysis. That aside, I give a +1 approval to the current ideas. Right now I'm unsure of any additional articles that could come of it save for more sprite analysis (original Wooper, original Ariados, original Celebi, and the fact that Larvitar used a placeholder so late in development are some standouts to me).

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I got quite spooked after the C&Ds when the beta sprites got out, but if they've stopped then I think this is great. There is a lot of fascinating information and even things that we can infer from all the beta information. If we plan to make this a connected series, perhaps my older skateboard article can be added to it? I've not seen any more beta information pertaining to the skateboard, but it does go hand-in-hand with the beta map analysis. That aside, I give a +1 approval to the current ideas. Right now I'm unsure of any additional articles that could come of it save for more sprite analysis (original Wooper, original Ariados, original Celebi, and the fact that Larvitar used a placeholder so late in development are some standouts to me).
Yeah, good idea. I'll go through previous articles like that and set up an article series... or maybe its own category, perhaps?

Sprite analysis and stuff on the placeholder sprites sounds like decent topics in themselves, imo.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I'm actually unsure other than those points what you can add...

Actually there are some talk of a couple of Gen 5 beta things, ie: things from interviews talked about like the Beta Stunfisk? Maybe stuff like that?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
DP leaks happened, so that's cool. Maybe someone has interest/ideas on writing on more for that?

Furthermore, an idea - maybe an art event for drawing newer beta forms of Pokemon?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Would a theoretical daily article analyzing the three beta builds of Diamond and Pearl (the february one, the march one and the june one) be possible?

I could provide some video links of the February and March builds if the writing staff needs references. The February 2006 Build was quite drastically different from the June 2006 build the first D/P beta leak article talks about.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Would a theoretical daily article analyzing the three beta builds of Diamond and Pearl (the february one, the march one and the june one) be possible?

I could provide some video links of the February and March builds if the writing staff needs references. The February 2006 Build was quite drastically different from the June 2006 build the first D/P beta leak article talks about.
Sure, that could be done - that or an update to the original. TIme permitting/interest from someone to take that on, of course. I'd say yes to it myself, but might take a while.

I've been very busy of late and not keeping up with further findings. Please do share the links! (I think we only covered two of them, with focus on one, because one build didn't have much of note to mention in the sole article done on it.)

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Sure, that could be done - that or an update to the original. TIme permitting/interest from someone to take that on, of course. I'd say yes to it myself, but might take a while.

I've been very busy of late and not keeping up with further findings. Please do share the links! (I think we only covered two of them, with focus on one, because one build didn't have much of note to mention in the sole article done on it.)

Here's a few that are mostly full explorations of the beta builds. The February build and some from march https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laSPG_Ig97Q https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo9lsxKJT4s I highly recommend this video the most however, as it goes completely in full depth with the March 17, 2006 beta, including using the developer debug menus.

Last edited:
Back