• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Completely Hacking the Fire Red Title Screen by DawnRyder

Circaoffire

Clueless Scripter :/
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2016
When I attempt to do the background, I get those corrupt tiles in the bottom left. I can't find an answer and I have been troubleshooting to no avail. I saw someone say they knew how, but not post it. I want to try this since he claims it will fix it, but the part that he says will really fix it; I don't understand. I'm using this picture http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g446/circaoffire/dreamwithgreen.png

Last edited:

Elements1

Meh
Years
Ifranview Help

Hey Guys I have one problem I can't right click the image in ifranview. All it gives me is a hand with a watch on it!! Plz help!!
Thanks

Years
  • Age 24
  • =/
  • Seen Feb 12, 2013
This tutorial is helped me a lot!
Now I can hack Title Screen now, thank you for a great tutorial!

Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2012
Please the pallet offset to use in APE for 2010 (TileMap of Pokemon Screen) and Tile map of Press Start

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2013
my NTME wont work with the sprites. whenever i follow the instructions, it doesn't do anything. What do i do???

rhettz_emboar

Did you just pee??
Years
Nice tut!
it worked for my first try!

BTW when will be the 3rd Part?
===.====

hey when i try to load pallete on APE it says invalid pallete PLEASE HELP me pwease?

Use NSE for your ease.
It is very easy and time saving to use
Just click view=>start page=>navigate then look in un-Lz for the image and pallete offsets then click open, then press Ctrl+I,then load your image(must be index). On the dropbox button on the bottom right corner, choose image plus pallete.
Last thing is you need to save your pallete changes to your rom. press Ctlr+P then click "save pallete changes to rom"

And your DONE!!!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2018
i know this is a pretty old thread but i cant seem to change anything, my background or replace my charizard frame, i followed the tutorial step by step, the only difference seems to be the fact that i dont get a confirmed dialogue box in unLZ stating that said frame/offset whatever has been changed... i even used the sprites from the tutorials to see if mine were the problem... can someone help me :(

also if black is the transparency colour, is there a way to just make a plain black background?

The Who?

What is THIS doing in my hat?!
Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2018
Can do that without those programs and softwares?

No. These programs are 100% essential until someone comes up with some sort of new program that makes this easier, which probably won't happen as the ROM hacking community is all but dead at this point, and a large chunk of the remaining members are moving on to DS hacking.

Years
I've been following this tutorial however on the last stages of stage 1 my palette won't go in, is this because I haven't got any of the error messages?

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
I need help! When I put in my latios sprite and tileset in unLZ, I would test it out and there would be no pokemon there! It would just be completely blank! Any help?

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
I think that you need to put the sprite on the right side or something...

Sorry if I'm incorrect.

I try...

Thanks for the try but I did that, I put the sprite in the EXACT same location as he put his sprite. I don't know if this might help anyone, but when I upload the tilemap, there is nothing there. There is no picture of my Pokemon in the index 2005 (or whatever it is) after I upload it.

Back