• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Redux. ==> Re"cruton"ing.

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017
jkanhdfsh-1.png

dpiconani429.gif
:Introduction:
dpiconani429.gif

Okay so, Basically this is a team i'm setting up for work on a new hack "Pokemon Desegrate: Redux". (my 1st actual hack but my 4th in terms of attempts and about 50th after experimenting and messing with a..."few"... blank roms)

Team Redux is about Re-birth and redoing things, to a better standard, but also welcomes original ideas. Hopefully the team will get about 5-7 people, any less and work doesn't get done fast enough, and more and nothing gets done in most cases.

dpiconani429.gif
:Members:
dpiconani429.gif

-> NurseBarbra (myself): Advanced Tile inserter, Mapper and graphics editor, with some intermediate scripting knowledge

->Rioka (Pinkish Purple): OW spriter of sprites :3
-> Dash (Forever Dash): Our Beta tester.
Incisor: Secondary Mapper

dpiconani429.gif
:Who's Needed:
dpiconani429.gif

=> Spriters who can do both Trainersprites.
=> Scripters (both basic and advanced)
=> Mappers (who put some thought into mapping)
=>A Beta tester/proof reader (We're bound to make mistakes along the way)

dpiconani429.gif
: Our goal :
dpiconani429.gif

To move away from the usual "8 gym, elite 4, beat the gang" way about things.
To make something original that doesn't feel like the same cookie cutter stuff that's out there.

dpiconani429.gif
:
Projects:
dpiconani429.gif

logo-1.png

Your story begins in the town of Lanat, a farming community based in the center of the region.
The Town is situated at the base of a mountain, providing sheilding from harsh light, as well as
a river for the fresh water. You, the helper working on your neighbours farm, are sent to retrive a
substance known as Hokna, a fertiliser, from the cave north of the village. Unfortunatly it isn't so
simple, and your curiousity sends you down a path you never dreamed of.

Redux Members involved:
Nursebarbra
dpiconani429.gif
:Application:
dpiconani429.gif

Name you want to be called by:
Skills:
How available are you (in terms of hours/week):
Contact information: (be it skype or something else because pms can get messy)
Proof of skills*:

* >> Mappers must submit 2 maps made using the Firered tiles in a "semi-natural" style, One for a town/city and one for a route. (E.g: Trees grow randomly but towns are less random and cities are planned)
>> Scripters need to submit a script and explain how it works. (It's all well and good to be able to fuel a car, but you need to be able to drive it!)
>> Spriters must design and then sprite a trainer/ Resprite a current pokemon into a new pose. (Designing a trainer can be any way you want but it must be sprited after, No recolours please :I)

Last edited:

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017

ShockHERO

#TeamSonia Member
Years
Looks like a nice idea for a hack. By the way, Im a good sub-Plot Developer and I can make Sub Heroes on the dot.

Incisor

[ Straight Edge ]
Years
im interested sounds great ...

Name you want to be called by: Incisor
Skills: Mapping
How available are you (in terms of hours/week): ~5-10 hours a week [GMT + 1]
Contact information: Skype or PM
Proof of skills*: check your pm

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
Name you want to be called by: Dash or Fritz
Skills: I can beta test c;
How available are you (in terms of hours/week): uhm I go on PC everyday for like 5 hours. So you can find me. c;
Contact information: (be it skype or something else because pms can get messy) VMs c;
Proof of skills*: Uhm I had an old hack.

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017
Looks like a nice idea for a hack. By the way, Im a good sub-Plot Developer and I can make Sub Heroes on the dot.
Thanks! I've already fleshed out desegrate's story but support is always nice :3

im interested sounds great ...

Name you want to be called by: Incisor
Skills: Mapping
How available are you (in terms of hours/week): ~5-10 hours a week [GMT + 1]
Contact information: Skype or PM
Proof of skills*: check your pm
Replied to your pm Incisor!

Years
I have a little question regarding the spriter application.
We have to do both, a trainer and a pokemon, right?
Also, with no recolors do you mean we should invent a completely new pose or is it enough to completely change the clothes, face, hairstyle...?

Oh... and do you aim for a modern or more fantasyesque setting?

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017
Name you want to be called by: Dash or Fritz
Skills: I can beta test c;
How available are you (in terms of hours/week): uhm I go on PC everyday for like 5 hours. So you can find me. c;
Contact information: (be it skype or something else because pms can get messy) VMs c;
Proof of skills*: Uhm I had an old hack.
Accepted (even though you may have to wait a while :3)

I have a little question regarding the spriter application.
We have to do both, a trainer and a pokemon, right?
Also, with no recolors do you mean we should invent a completely new pose or is it enough to completely change the clothes, face, hairstyle...?

Oh... and do you aim for a modern or more fantasyesque setting?
One trainer and pokemon is a yes, A new pose for the pokemon would be good, changing the clothes face and hair on a trainer might be harder to do than a new pose for a trainer, but if it helps you can use the same pallet~

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017
Update:
==> Incisor has joined the team as a secondary Mapper.
==> Made a banner for the thread.
==> Inserted most tiles into the basic tileset.
insertedso1.png

Thank

Back