• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I have had a look around on the internet, but I can't find anything about this. What is the guy in Opelucid City referring to when he says he needs a pokemon that knows charge from a futuristic Opelucid City which I guessed meant Black Version to build a time machine?

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
Years
I have had a look around on the internet, but I can't find anything about this. What is the guy in Opelucid City referring to when he says he needs a pokemon that knows charge from a futuristic Opelucid City which I guessed meant Black Version to build a time machine?

he is talking about any pokemon that knows the move charge that was transfered from the opposite game. so if u have white u need like the electric zebra from black.

Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2011
I have a very serious question about white/black

I loved my pokemon games to death. I still love red and blue. Theres something that bugs me, though... And thats the addition of more and more pokemon. I understand why it happens, but for me personally, it just doesnst jive.

I recently tried to get into Pokemon Platinum, and I couldnt wrap my head around it. Maybe call me a purist? I dont know. I just love the original 150 (okay, +1) pokemon.

Heres the question... If I couldnt get into Platinum, how will I fare with white/black? Are there people like me? Did anyone have a change of heart?

With so many pokemon, its hard to see many being unique, or original. In platinum, I would see "re-hashed" pokemon every time I encountered a new one. Im so jaded.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I loved my pokemon games to death. I still love red and blue. Theres something that bugs me, though... And thats the addition of more and more pokemon. I understand why it happens, but for me personally, it just doesnst jive.

I recently tried to get into Pokemon Platinum, and I couldnt wrap my head around it. Maybe call me a purist? I dont know. I just love the original 150 (okay, +1) pokemon.

Heres the question... If I couldnt get into Platinum, how will I fare with white/black? Are there people like me? Did anyone have a change of heart?

With so many pokemon, its hard to see many being unique, or original. In platinum, I would see "re-hashed" pokemon every time I encountered a new one. Im so jaded.
That is because D/P/Pt had so many pre-evolutons and evolutions of previous generations that it seems everything was just a party of a previous generation. Where as this generation is in a distance area from the other ones, there are still pokemon that are similiar in nature too them like Roggenrola to Geodude, Woobat to Zubat, Audio to Chansey, Timburr to Machop, Tympole to Poliwag, and so on. But there designs are different and the pokemon seem to have a fresh feeling about them not like they are more of the same like you got with D/P/Pt.

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2013
I am still confused about the Dream World.

How does one exactly get into Dream World?

1. Beat the first Gym. You can't get on the Dream World until after you beat Cilan/Chili/Cress.

2. Fennel will (after a side quest) give you the C-Gear. This is very important!

3. Have a Pokemon in your Box. Party Pokemon can't be sent.

4. Turn the C-Gear on. Hit 'Wifi.' Select Game Sync, and say yes when it asks you to save.

5. Wait. Say yes when it asks if you want on Wifi. Wait some more.

6. It'll show you a picture of your box. Select the Pokemon you want to go to the Dream World, and confirm it. Wait even longer. Don't get discouraged, it takes a long time to sync up. Finally, you'll get a message that the Pokemon has been put to sleep. Shut your system.

7. Go to pokemon-gl.com. Sign in using your Trainer Club account, and they'll have an option to go to the Dream World.

Of course, 6 & 7 aren't available until the 30th, as stated above. But that's how you get on it. Then, to get off it, you basically do the same thing again. You hit 'Game Sync', get on Wifi. It'll show you a pic of your sleeping Pokemon and ask if you want to wake it. Say yes, and you can watch whatever you found in the Dream World float onto your game, and your Pokemon will wake up.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years

I hated Pearl/Diamond/Platinum. Never got further than the fourth or fifth badge. It was boring, redundant, and just plain unoriginal (which could be said about the series in general, but ignore that).

The difference in Black/White would be the story is more in-depth. It endulges you to learn more about Plasma and their twisted justice. It's different from all the teams prior, where it was just "steal Pokemanz and rule teh world."

Also, the game forces you to play with only the new Pokemon until the end. What I found in Pearl was that with all the Pokemon available, it got a bit dull since you know their techniques, attacks, etc. There's more variety, yes, but nothing to attach you to the new Pokemon of that season. B/W force you to get personal with the new Pokemon. It's not just "Smack, wack, and roll" anymore since you don't know / don't have memorized all the techniques of the new Pokemon right away.

Moving sprites also helps. It's not so bad to grind / level anymore because sprites aren't static. The graphics are also enhanced in the overworld, and the facesets for rivals, the professor, and certain other NPCs are well-done. It's intriguing, it's new, it's inviting, and it's enough of a difference to hook you on it.

Like stated, I hated Pearl. I can't even be bothered with it - waste of 50$, really. B/W is worth more than the peasily 35$ I got it for (brand new) on Tuesday. It's much, much, much better than prior games, and is really the "true" Pokemon game of the DS, excluding the HGSS remake versions (since those are redone GBC games).

You'll notice quite the difference with B/W. It doesn't suck, basically.

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2011
Dream world

Ive seen threads like explaining certain things about the dream world but what actually is it? and how do you access it? the explanation on the website didnt really help either...

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2013
WHAT IT IS:
Dream World is a side event for Pokemon Black and White, allowing you to play on your computer instead of on your DS. You can access it once per day, and transfer back a Pokemon once per day. You upload a Pokemon as explained below. Then, in a certain area of the Dream World, you can play minigames with Pokemon you happen upon. Based partially on how well you do on the game and partially on luck, the Pokemon will know special moves, and they will always have a special ability. Once you are done playing minigames, you get to choose one Pokemon you befriended to follow you back to your game. (The rest are lost, there's no way to transfer more than one unless it's an event) You can also grow berries in the Dream World, and transfer them back to your game.

HOW TO GET ON:
1. Beat the first Gym. You can't get on the Dream World until after you beat Cilan/Chili/Cress.

2. Fennel will (after a side quest) give you the C-Gear. This is very important!

3. Have a Pokemon in your Box. Party Pokemon can't be sent.

4. Turn the C-Gear on. Hit 'Wifi.' Select Game Sync, and say yes when it asks you to save.

5. Wait. Say yes when it asks if you want on Wifi. Wait some more.

6. It'll show you a picture of your box. Select the Pokemon you want to go to the Dream World, and confirm it. Wait even longer. Don't get discouraged, it takes a long time to sync up. Finally, you'll get a message that the Pokemon has been put to sleep. Shut your system.

7. Go to pokemon-gl.com. Sign in using your Trainer Club account, and they'll have an option to go to the Dream World.

Of course, 6 & 7 aren't available until the 30th. But that's how you get on it. Then, to get off it, you basically do the same thing again. You hit 'Game Sync', get on Wifi. It'll show you a pic of your sleeping Pokemon and ask if you want to wake it. Say yes, and you can watch whatever you found in the Dream World float onto your game, and your Pokemon will wake up.

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2013
^You will be able to eventually, but IIRC the only place you can get EV reducing berries is the Dream World. Soo right now they're ridiculously rare.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
EV training pokemon at level 100

Is it possible? Also I heard something about wings being used to increase ev stats, what are those about and would they be practical to ev train instead?

Thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back