• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

La Storia della Arcana Famiglia [SU/OOC][T]

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Agreed.

I'm not completely happy with that conclusion, and neither will Oda be, but I'm comfortable with accepting it as long as I'm allowed to portray Oda's distaste with the position.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
And here I thought only Ari was meant to be Marcus' b!tch...

I'm sorry, what? When has it ever been implied or even stated that Ari would be anyone's "B!tch"? Ahaha, never. I don't get what you mean by this offhanded comment so if you'd like to further explain that'd be nice.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
It was a comment in poor taste about Ari's supposed crush on Marcus, as I believe was mentioned earlier in this thread.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
It was a comment in poor taste about Ari's supposed crush on Marcus, as I believe was mentioned earlier in this thread.

Supposed poor taste = Being Marcus's b!tch? Really? Okay then... That's one powerful transition.

Anyway, Ari may be one but she'll never be somebody's just thought I'd point that out y'all.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Honestly when the RP was created the sectors weren't actually planned to be included in the story much themselves at all, it was more just a case of explaining how they got into the house in the character's history. That's why it says "only relevant for history on the island and character background" as throughout most of the RP coming up their positions in the house won't matter. Although that was a bit short-sighted on my part to expect people to know that and I do love how they've been included so far, so I'll give a more detailed description on the workings of sectors now so they can continue to be included :)

Ranks
Leader - The person in charge of a sector. They are responsible for organising the sector, supplying orders to adepts and apprentices of the sector, planning for the sector's future and have the final say in any matters regarding the sector. They are also responsible for relaying information to the higher up members of the Famiglia on their sector's progress and status.
Adept - A high ranking member of a sector. Adepts are responsible for carrying out the more difficult tasks within their sector and are considered to be in command of apprentices whilst the sector's leader is not available. Adepts often advise sector leaders on their decisions and commands.
Apprentice - The lowest ranking members of a sector. They carry out the every-day tasks for their sector whilst gaining the skills needed to progress. Apprentices are expected to follow their leader's orders and report to adepts when their leader is not present.

Sectors
Wands - Responsible for inspections and maintenance of the island. It is their job to keep up to date with all of the island's going ons and ensure there are no problems occurring or looming. Common tasks include carrying out surveys of the townsfolk, performing inspections of important structures and collating the progress of other sectors and the island's progress as a whole.
Coins - Responsible for managing Regalo's finances. Regalo's economy is run by Coin as they handle every aspect of the island's finances. They are responsible for making investments on the island's behalf, dividing up money between sectors, calculating the island's monetary inputs/outputs, finding where savings can be made and providing a bank for the townsfolk.
Swords - Responsible for defence of the island. Sword members can often be found patrolling the streets ensuring the island remains safe. They act as the island's military and police force as well as serving to train guards and apprentices to hone their skills for protecting the island. They operate on behalf of the island.
Alchemists - Responsible for medicine. Alchemists act as the doctors and scientists of the island, often brewing up odd concoctions to heal any ailments inflicted by the townsfolk and experimenting with further alchemy in their spare time. They are responsible for fighting disease, healing the sick and wounded, providing cures to sell/dispense and for any research that needs doing.
Caves - Responsible for supplies. Working closely with Coin, Cave members ensure that the island's supplies and resources remain constant without wasting any money. Cave members are responsible for finding out what supplies are needed, ensuring that they are obtained, and keeping costs low in the process.
Intelligence - Responsible for diplomacy. Intelligence members act as the island's diplomats both internally and externally as they handle all matters of the island's civil diplomacy and any foreign affairs. Common tasks for an Intelligence member include sustaining relations with foreign entities, finding peaceful resolutions for conflicts within the island, acting as a court for those arrested by Sword, and keeping moral of the island high.

@Lilizuki - So as said before, Oda is free to do what she likes unless her sector's head tells her otherwise. She gets a bit more lee-way than apprentices in that she can have a say in what happens, but not turning up at all or directly going against her superior's commands will still result in punishment. Honestly I'm not sure what else you expected considering she's a member of Sword and Sword has a leader, but hopefully the explanations above help to clarify a tad :)

These were written in something of a rush to stop the rising argument that's going on, so if anyone has any questions regarding the information above please post them! It's highly likely I've forgotten to include something whilst trying to make the post quick haha.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
*twitch twitch*

Seeing as the definition of Adept has changed to exactly the opposite of what I intended for Oda, can I please give her a different made-up rank? It's kind of vital for her character development.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
*twitch twitch*

Seeing as the definition of Adept has changed to exactly the opposite of what I intended for Oda, can I please give her a different made-up rank? It's kind of vital for her character development.

It hasn't changed at all - I'm honestly not sure what else you were expecting. If you're not the leader of a sector then you're going to be given orders, that's how every organisation works. If you didn't want to have to follow orders then you really should've applied to be the sector's head. It's up to you how closely/how often she follows the orders and how much she debates them with Marcus, but she'll still be given them from time to time just like anyone with a boss would. I must apologise as it's my fault for not being clear on what each position meant as I didn't expect them to play much of a part in the RP, so I am sorry about that, but she can't have her own rank sorry. Ultimately it's up to Marcus as to how closely Oda will have to follow orders and to what extent she'll be commanded as he's the leader of Sword so if she's uncomfortable with following orders then he's the one to ask about it (there's a good opportunity to bring it up whilst Marcus is talking to her at the ball), but new ranks aren't going to be created for any character.

@Courage - Don't worry about it, hope you get one soon :D

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
*sigh* The orders issue was resolved.

My problem is that Adept has become a rank of command over other members of the Sector, which Oda is not meant to have.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
*sigh* The orders issue was resolved.

My problem is that Adept has become a rank of command over other members of the Sector, which Oda is not meant to have.
They're in command over other members in the respect that Oda was mentoring Xoxaa in the thievery section...? The sector leader will be around most of the time and when he's not, Aerous probably will be, so it's unlikely she'd have to order anyone around if you don't want her to. The rank descriptions aren't set in stone, but if there's a group of Swords somewhere and Oda's the only high-ranking member amongst them, who else would they turn to? :p

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
...okay, point. We don't want the guy who can't realize he's nude to be in charge of any situation. d:

I can go with that.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
...okay, point. We don't want the guy who can't realize he's nude to be in charge of any situation. d:

I can go with that.

... Pahahahaha. xD

Although now that this issue has been raised, would you guys prefer for the sectors to play a bigger part in the RP? I assumed they'd go somewhat unnoticed but I'm liking their involvement so far, so if you'd all prefer them to be involved more then I'll tweak the story slightly - just say! :)

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
I think it would get tiresome rather quickly. Only Swords and Intelligence seem to have any kind of consistent source for excitement (Fighting and politics respectively), because one can only have a troll show up in a medical container so many times before it gets silly.

I could be wrong, though.

Khawill

<3
Years
Well since there is no coins leader or adept then I'll be fine (Annabelle resents authority from anyone but her own sector.)

Also I've been thinking, and I believe that Anna might volunteer to sacrifice her card, though I want a certain event to happen involving her past, so it wouldn't be right after the ball she offers. The real question I have is: When this happens will I be suspend temporarily from the RP until she is saved, do I need to write about her struggles, or should I create a new character to replace her temporarily.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Well since there is no coins leader or adept then I'll be fine (Annabelle resents authority from anyone but her own sector.)

Also I've been thinking, and I believe that Anna might volunteer to sacrifice her card, though I want a certain event to happen involving her past, so it wouldn't be right after the ball she offers. The real question I have is: When this happens will I be suspend temporarily from the RP until she is saved, do I need to write about her struggles, or should I create a new character to replace her temporarily.

Why not have her having a battle within herself or dreams or whatever while shes dead or whatever happens when they lose their cards.

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
Damn, a lot happened! :P

To be fair, I sort of saw SV's and Lili's interpretation of the Sword rank as one and the same, seeing as while Government is generally seen as a form of public service, but the police, firefighters, and the military also generally fall under the jurisdiction of government, but they also contain a strict rank structure and adherence to higher ups. When I initially signed up for this RP, that's how I saw it and I went with it, as if Swords was the Department of Defense, coins the Department of the Treasury, etc. (lol US gov reference).

Ozzy's post cements my interpretation, but his depiction of the Adept rank (which if I recall correctly was first made up by Lili and adopted by other players after the fact) doesn't seem to come into conflict with how Lili's character has acted thus far.

That said, the only way a person could get away with doing whatever they want is if they are at the highest possible position (in this case it would be Nova/Papa) or if they took up freelance or mercenary work and their employer agrees to the terms of the employee. Otherwise, you'd always have to answer to a higher ranked person in any organization.

It sounds like the conflict's been resolved though which is awesome. I need to get to my post now!

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
No, I mean my comment was in poor taste.

Oops, my bad then!

Sorry for not being able to post atm guys. I'm on my android and cant reach a good cpu for a moment

:P Awh, I'm really anxious to see how Tobi will react to what Ari just did to him!

... Pahahahaha. xD

Although now that this issue has been raised, would you guys prefer for the sectors to play a bigger part in the RP? I assumed they'd go somewhat unnoticed but I'm liking their involvement so far, so if you'd all prefer them to be involved more then I'll tweak the story slightly - just say! :)

I would love for them to be more integrated into the storyline! I'm sure there are ways to have all the sectors involved in some way or another.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
So...is anybody available for interaction? If not, I'll wait until the speech gets officially recognized.

Back