• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Region Generator

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Oct 23, 2021
Thats alright, is it possible you can push me in the right direction? I joined the discord.

Years
Thats alright, is it possible you can push me in the right direction? I joined the discord.

Not sure who you are within the discord, but in your latest error message it looks like it's having problems with trainer events. Did you include the trainers.txt data? Make sure you don't overwrite the original ones if you're keeping the base Essentials maps as well, the error could be coming from there if those trainers were deleted from the trainers.txt file.

PFA The Pokemon Fan

Scorbunny Gaming
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 8, 2022
I have a suggestion......

maybe you should do indoor maps like pokemon centers or gyms or maybe houses.

you should also make cities better like cool tiles or fountains.

oh yeah and update the encounter format

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
Years
I have a suggestion......
maybe you should do indoor maps like pokemon centers or gyms or maybe houses.
you should also make cities better like cool tiles or fountains.
oh yeah and update the encounter format

Indoor maps are going to be implemented in the future.
there is nothing stopping you from modifying the generated maps produced by the tool.
Updated PBS generation is also planned for future versions

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 8, 2021
Given that I seem to be the only person with this issue, I'm like... 95% sure I'm doing something wrong, and missing something obvious... But every time I try to execute the jar file -- no matter which version I'm trying to start up -- I just get a quick flash of a black window and an immediate crash. I've tried everything I can think of to make it work, but so far I've had no luck. Kinda sad, since this seemed like it'd be a promising map generator for a pokemon tabletop game I'm planning to run.

Years
Recently I've had several people having a similar issue (just most of them have reported it in the Discord rather than here). I think there might have been some sort of Windows security change which restricts programs that create or modify files in certain directories. You can try running from a different directory, or try running the program from an Admin command prompt, to see if that resolves the problem - let me know if you need any help!

In general, there's a log file which is supposed to record crash info among other things, but I've seen that sometimes the log file itself is unable to be created due to permissions, so I'm suspecting that might once again be the issue.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 13, 2023
I might be doing something wrong here. I installed the rubydevikit and rvpacker but now I'm getting errors when i try to unpack
[DEPRECATION] The trollop gem has been renamed to optimist and will no longer be supported. Please switch to optimist as soon as possible.
C:/Ruby30-x64/lib/ruby/gems/3.0.0/gems/rvpacker-1.2.0/lib/RGSS/serialize.rb:175:in `scripts_to_text': Missing Scripts.rxdata (RuntimeError)
from C:/Ruby30-x64/lib/ruby/gems/3.0.0/gems/rvpacker-1.2.0/lib/RGSS/serialize.rb:374:in `serialize'
from C:/Ruby30-x64/lib/ruby/gems/3.0.0/gems/rvpacker-1.2.0/bin/rvpacker:27:in `<top (required)>'
from C:/Ruby30-x64/bin/rvpacker:25:in `load'
from C:/Ruby30-x64/bin/rvpacker:25:in `<main>'

E:\essentials\Pokemon Essentials v19.1 2021-05-22>

Years
Hey KingDabz,

rvpacker always spits out that error about "Missing scripts.rxdata" because it tries to pack/unpack everything and doesn't know how to do it for that file. But that file is actually not required for any of the maps, so the error can be ignored. The [Deprecation] warning is also just a warning and doesn't affect anything. If you check the files, you should find that the map files were unpacked successfully despite this error. I think there is also an error that often pops up during packing which is likewise normal.

Years
  • Age 118
  • Seen May 17, 2022
I was having that issue too (the black/noscreen insta crash thing) I thought it was some runtime I didn't have or whatever but I retried the same in a fresh PE19.1 and it worked fine. I dunno if that helps narrow it down at all.
In the first case I had already modified a lot of things, changed files, installed plugins, scripts, etc. I would assume something interfered in that regard. I remember getting an error message to popup but don't recall what it said.

>make region follow instructions txt
>modify after (gen8project, EBDX etc)

P.s. it says gremlin or whatever the gem (lol im pretty sure its not gremlin) is called is depreciated but you probably know that already

Years
Yes - I'm aware of the deprecation warning, but as I didn't write rvpacker or any of its dependencies I don't really have control over whether or not it will someday become a problem. Hopefully not :D

Years
  • Age 118
  • Seen May 17, 2022
For some reason I didn't even consider that, lmfao. My apologies. This thing is awesome, man!
It's so nice even just to look at the maps it makes.
If you'd like some suggestions, I think really the ONLY things I can think of are the following:
Stairs. STAIRS EVERYWHERE?!?!!!
That's about it. It works pretty dang flawlessly. I read about the other warnings which I'd seen but they didn't break anything so I ignored.

Years
After a lengthy hiatus, I decided to wrap up a few things I had been working on and release it as v1.2.7 - check the main post for the full changes & download. Noteable changes include a new map preview, some building interiors, and a few small fixes and adjustments.

Bigpokemonfan0

DBZFan13
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 23, 2024
Is this compatible with v20.1? I plan to work on an open-world map.

I'll give you credit for using this.

Years
It has an issue with v20.1 as some of the PBS file formatting changed a bit, causing it not to launch, and I haven't updated that yet. However, if you use it with a copy of v19.x in order to get around that, the maps themselves will still work in v20.1

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen yesterday
Every time I try and unpack project I get the following:

Exception loading C:/Users/User/Desktop/Pokemon Essentials v19.1 2021-05-22/Data/PkmnAnimations.rxdata
<internal:marshal>:34:in `load': undefined class/module PBAnimations (ArgumentError)
from C:/Ruby31-x64/lib/ruby/gems/3.1.0/gems/rvpacker-1.2.0/lib/RGSS/serialize.rb:90:in `block in load_data_file'
from C:/Ruby31-x64/lib/ruby/gems/3.1.0/gems/rvpacker-1.2.0/lib/RGSS/serialize.rb:89:in `open'
from C:/Ruby31-x64/lib/ruby/gems/3.1.0/gems/rvpacker-1.2.0/lib/RGSS/serialize.rb:89:in `load_data_file'
from C:/Ruby31-x64/lib/ruby/gems/3.1.0/gems/rvpacker-1.2.0/lib/RGSS/serialize.rb:164:in `call'
from C:/Ruby31-x64/lib/ruby/gems/3.1.0/gems/rvpacker-1.2.0/lib/RGSS/serialize.rb:164:in `load'
from C:/Ruby31-x64/lib/ruby/gems/3.1.0/gems/rvpacker-1.2.0/lib/RGSS/serialize.rb:252:in `process_file'
from C:/Ruby31-x64/lib/ruby/gems/3.1.0/gems/rvpacker-1.2.0/lib/RGSS/serialize.rb:265:in `block in convert'
from C:/Ruby31-x64/lib/ruby/gems/3.1.0/gems/rvpacker-1.2.0/lib/RGSS/serialize.rb:261:in `each'
from C:/Ruby31-x64/lib/ruby/gems/3.1.0/gems/rvpacker-1.2.0/lib/RGSS/serialize.rb:261:in `convert'
from C:/Ruby31-x64/lib/ruby/gems/3.1.0/gems/rvpacker-1.2.0/lib/RGSS/serialize.rb:373:in `serialize'
from C:/Ruby31-x64/lib/ruby/gems/3.1.0/gems/rvpacker-1.2.0/bin/rvpacker:27:in `<top (required)>'
from C:/Ruby31-x64/bin/rvpacker:32:in `load'
from C:/Ruby31-x64/bin/rvpacker:32:in `<main>'

Any ideas what's wrong?

Back