• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokémon Dark Future

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
First of all I want to thank these guys for providing basically all the information I have.
I wouldn't have even started this hack if it wasn't for them.

Koolboyman (ROM Map)
Tauwasser (Scripting Compendium)
Skeetendo Inc.

Storyline
You're a normal male student living with your family, and own pet, Eevee, in Southern Edge of The Capital. The Capital is the biggest city of a planet called Suden where the story takes place. One day, you're woken up to get to the school immediately. It happens to be so that archeologists from the university have made a great discovery and your professor wants to talk you about it.
At this point, your way of living changes dramatically.

You embark on an epic adventure with your classmate Oscar in search of the special Elemental Orbs.
Not much is known about these orbs really but one thing is for sure, they were the reason for The Crisis one thousand years ago.

Features
+Well-planned storyline
+Advanced usage of all kinds of scripting commands
-Graphics

Pictures

71180883.png
15211395.png
24743933.png
20595401.png
25912224.png
19119451.png

Videos
You can find some by checking the further posts in this thread...

Banners
Spoiler:

Tools used
GoldFinger
JohtoMap
PKSV

Thanks also to Lin and score_under for the tools I used :)
Using those truly quickens up the process !

Find the new thread here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=266372

Last edited:

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
Nooo! Eevee again? xD
Well,i must say i always loved your hacks. I was impressed by your skills,editing most of things by hex. Your hacking is more like art,not just editing things with tools.
~~
The "Intelligence" and "spirit" stats are ones of Sp.Atk and Sp.Def respectively,just renamed,right? If so,why have you changed them?
I can't see more of the game's storyline and more screenshots. I'll be checking this hack without doubts everyday. =3

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
Didn't I see another hack just like this,meh, anyway I love the story it sounds great, I normaly do not play G/S/C or R/B/Y hack, but this I consider playing XD.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Cool a Silver hack. The story sounds pretty decent. Everything sounds straightforward, so I don't see anything wrong with the story.

The screen-shots don't show much, but they look fine in my opinion. You seem to be progressing this fine. I'm not a real big fan of GB/GBC hacks, but this hack looks pretty nice.

miksy91

Years
Thanks for all the feedback !
It looks like I've been progressing nicely according to the fact the ones who usually don't play 2nd gen hacks, might still try this out.
Anyways, never expect this to get to Prism's level :D

Now for some quoting...

Nooo! Eevee again? xD
Well,i must say i always loved your hacks. I was impressed by your skills,editing most of things by hex. Your hacking is more like art,not just editing things with tools.
~~
The "Intelligence" and "spirit" stats are ones of Sp.Atk and Sp.Def respectively,just renamed,right? If so,why have you changed them?
I can't see more of the game's storyline and more screenshots. I'll be checking this hack without doubts everyday. =3

Wow...I'm glad you like it :)

I came up with those names by playing a game called Secret of Mana 2 way back then. They kinda replace "Magic" and "Magic Defense" in that game but in pokemon games you don't use magic and that's why "Magic" and "Magic Def." wouldn't work. But I see nothing wrong with having Spirit and Intelligence as the names.

Just how big is this city gonna be?
I think I made a spelling error; I kinda meant to say that you live in Southern Edge, in The Capital but the story takes place in the whole planet anyways :D
"The Capital is the biggest city in a planet called Suden where the story takes place", fixed that btw.

But the city is still going to be BIG.
Not sure of its size yet but as an example, Goldenrod's size is 20x18, this is gonna be like 30x30 - 40x40.
And yes, I'm definitely going to create the map from scratch so that there will be enough events.

Last edited:

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
I have one question (Maybe I'm stoopid) but when you open the menu or any textbox on the video the guy sprite in the lower-left side of the table disappears. Is he supposed to do that?

miksy91

Years
I have one question (Maybe I'm stoopid) but when you open the menu or any textbox on the video the guy sprite in the lower-left side of the table disappears. Is he supposed to do that?
Yes, the same thing would happen in original g/s/c games too.
And, it would be practically possible to make him not to do that but if I did, he would then be standing on the text box which isn't a good idea :D

miksy91

Years
Didn't this used to be a Crystal hack? Anyway, I love GB and GBC hacks, and this looks pretty good, so hope to see more of this :)
Thanks, and actually, you're going to ;)
It happens to be so I've almost finished the demo of the hack and it might be released already tomorrow (or likely will) !

And I don't want to praise or anything but I just got an incredible script done (can't believe I actually made it) and my guess is that you all are going to like it :D

So, stay tuned !

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2013
Been waiting for this. I must admit I've only been lurking around, because the only Rom's I like are GBC based roms. Which right now has my prism file at the end. Playing through Brown a 3rd time. I've seen you posting around and got the feeling that you would soon begin a 1st or 2nd gen hack.

I am truly excited, I can't wait to see where this goes!

miksy91

Years
Been waiting for this. I must admit I've only been lurking around, because the only Rom's I like are GBC based roms. Which right now has my prism file at the end. Playing through Brown a 3rd time. I've seen you posting around and got the feeling that you would soon begin a 1st or 2nd gen hack.

I am truly excited, I can't wait to see where this goes!

Demo release update
I kept my word, the demo of the hack is now downloadable ;)

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2013
Just checked it out. I liked the scripting so far, with the receiving of pokemon and the bulbasaur script was also fun. The only thing I noticed is a TON of typos, was wondering if you'd like a list of corrections, or if you really don't care.

Also, Will you be making lots of small releases like this? Or will the next release be further along?

miksy91

Years
Just checked it out. I liked the scripting so far, with the receiving of pokemon and the bulbasaur script was also fun. The only thing I noticed is a TON of typos, was wondering if you'd like a list of corrections, or if you really don't care.

Also, Will you be making lots of small releases like this? Or will the next release be further along?
Next release should take you a lot further.

I've studied english for about ten years but don't speak it as my native language so I think I'm done pretty well comparing to that fact (actually, I paid attention on grammar errors and I don't think I wrote any words wrong at least). But if you want to, you can give me a list of typos and possibly give some suggestions on correcting them, and I'll get them fixed.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2013
Text changes for Pokemon DarkFuture

Opening:
I'm late of school once again > I'm late for school once again

As usually you're late from your science lessons > As usual you're late for your science lesson

I can't catch up with your name yet(The sentence just doesn't make sense) > I didn't catch your name / I can't recall your name

Players House(Upstairs):
Stay kindly there, okay? > Kindly stay there, okay?

Welcome to play Pokemon DarkFuture > Welcome to Pokemon DarkFuture (play doesn't make sense there)

This additional script was load so that you're... > This additional script was loaded/used so that you're...

(not really important) I just hope you have fun with the hack! > I hope you have fun with the hack!

The day got set > The day was set

Players House(downstairs):

Cactus found sufficient amount of money > Cactus found a significant amount of money

Outside:
A Good trainer is looked for to take care of Bulbasaur > Looking for a good trainer to take care of (my) Bulbasaur!

Bulbasaur Ladies House:
This is type of a Pokemon who wants to fight and become stronger > This is the type of Pokemon who wants to fight and become stronger

Bugs:
Entering the idle house (with the 1 kid in it) after loading a save game gives the error: Unknown opcode fc at 8019. Clicking the ok button leaves the game frozen.

Just about covers it, can't wait til next release!

miksy91

Years
Bugs:
Entering the idle house (with the 1 kid in it) after loading a save game gives the error: Unknown opcode fc at 8019. Clicking the ok button leaves the game frozen.

Just about covers it, can't wait til next release!
Thanks for the tips and especially the bug report but I'm not actually sure what to do with it :\

I asked for help in Skeetendo Inc but I simply have no idea what might be causing the glitch.

The game works perfectly if people used save states instead of the normal way to save. However, I wouldn't want it to be like that when the hack is done...

miksy91

Years
Heh, I didn't think I could even fix that bug but then again, I found out what was causing it very easily :D

As I don't really trust on JohtoMap to editing people's palette yet, I decided to do so with a hex editor instead (the person in the glitchy house has brown clothes, in original game, they are red). But by accident, I happened to change the "Facing" byte of that person too, and if facing is set to some unused byte, the game may not work properly in the room where that person is so I tried if the game worked by changing the "Facing" back to some normal value and after saving the game in that house, no glitch :)
I've never gotten this kind of effect before after the change of "Facing" byte so I didn't think that would have caused the problem.
Usually, people (with bad "Facing" value) could be walking out of the map in a glitchy way or do something else like that.

Anyways, next I'll be fixing the grammar a little bit and then have a fixed demo up :)

Last edited:

miksy91

Years
So...it's time for my first triple-post in centuries.

Anyways, I've finished Demo 1.1 (which is very likely a bug-free version).

Changes to the "old" demo

-I enhanced the script of the drawer in the house where you get Bulbasaur and made Theresa say "Wow..." after the battle ends (before, it only showed an empty text box because I had problems making the game load text

-The saving bug is now fixed !
-Grammar errors that Tykian reported are also fixed

P.S
If you know a good way to make yourself get Ivysaur (or possibly even Venusaur) in your team, do so and go talking to Theresa ;)

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2013
Another thing of light note. I thought I'd seen everything, but I actually found a pikachu in the grass, as the girl's text said. Caught and raised to 11 and noticed that Quick Attack is in all caps. That was meant to be decapitalized, yea?

miksy91

Years
Another thing of light note. I thought I'd seen everything, but I actually found a pikachu in the grass, as the girl's text said. Caught and raised to 11 and noticed that Quick Attack is in all caps. That was meant to be decapitalized, yea?
Yeah, I somehow forgot to edit the names of most of the attacks but have done so now but I've no means to put up another release just for that.

UPDATE

In case you were wondering that I quitted this hack, you were part right as I did for a little while but now I'm back in action. I won't be able to hack on week but that doesn't give any more trouble than slow the process a little bit :)

Besides, lately I've been practising more and more to be able to do even better scripts than before. Now, I happened to say in youtube that I'd show some work I've done so I'm probably going to link another video here soon too. So, stay tuned !

Back