• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Any personal attempts to bring local wireless over wifi?

Should local wireless over wifi be pursued... in the name of Pokemon?

• Yes absolutely

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No way

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get some sunlight hippie! REAL trainers seek out REAL people with REAL FEELING...AND...AND...

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

S-MAN

Banned
Years
Posting this here because I feel this really only pertains to R/B/Y and G/S/C virtual console games. If it is still "incorrect" just move it I won't cry about it.. :cry:

As the question goes.. I'm wondering now if anybody has bothered to look into it. Xlink Kai is a prime example of what is trying to be accomplished here and even Sony included such a feature to connect with other PSP users over their ps3 consoles back in the day..

Point being this is something Nintendo could also attempt to do in order to mitigate the gap and to easily provide a foundation where everyone can see who is available playing whichever games in a channel/room-like format. But rather waiting and holding our breaths maybe it is an idea worth pursuing on our own? What do you think? Would it be reasonable to request this from Nintendo for Switch (which I don't even have).

https://gbatemp.net/threads/any-way-to-play-local-games-via-the-internet.382002/ is the closest conversation I can find on the topic. Sounds like the main issue is Nintendo's proprietary way of sending/receiving packets that makes it non-conventional and inconvenient to figure out. I don't have to go over the benefits of why we would like to have local over wifi (trading pokemoncough cough...) I don't know how my prospects look on finding other players in my city that I can seek out and trade with yet but yeah.. I would like to hear some thoughts and ideas on the matter. Should I just stick to finding people in real life and not waste time with this non-existent approach?

Back