• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Creepy/Disturbing Pokedex Entires?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I've been playing through Ultra Sun and I've also been catching everything and reading the pokedex descriptions. Lots of them describe "hunting pray" and lots of Pokemon are made to sound animalistic. I thought they got rid of that stuff early in the series, but apparently not.

One that stood out the most was Cubone's. "At night, it weeps loudly for its dead mother, but those cries only attract its natural enemy—Mandibuzz."

The entry for Mandibuzz is: "It skillfully arranges the bones of its prey to construct its nest. Most of the bones are Cubone."

Are there any other entries you've found that are creepy?

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Ghost types tend to have creepy dex entries. Banette's Emerald entry says it's a haunted doll that looks for the children that tossed it away "An abandoned plush doll became this Pokémon. They are said to live in garbage dumps and wander about in search of the children that threw them away."

Years
Where do you start?! I've read spooky pokedex entries that make Cubone's entry look like a Mickey Mouse Christmas celebration.

The one that scares the willies out of me is Parasect. I had barely noticed this Pokemon until I read a certain creepy pasta. I did some research, hoping that this was just a story ... its not. Parasect is a walking corpse. Its dex entries have all been pretty clear about this from the time that this pokemon was introduced in gen 1 till today.

Its Ultra Sun entry entry has not changed, "The bug is mostly dead, with the mushroom on its back having become the main body. If the mushroom comes off, the bug stops moving."

Parasect eyes don't have any pupils anymore like they did as Paras. What I thought were just a pair of big, stylized cartoon eyes really scare me now because I understand that Parasect's eyes are meant to show that you are staring at a vegetable without any conscious or soul. Parasect can't think.

Its not just the idea that you are playing with a zombie that is creepy, but that evolution is what signals this pokemon's death. When it evolves it is being taken over and killed by the deadly parasitic mushrooms sprouting out of its body. Its creepy, and it's sad. If you raise Paras to Parasect then you watch your pokemon die in front of you, worse you killed your own pokemon!

This makes the episode the Problem with Paras really bother my conscious now.

Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
i looove the darker Alola style dex entries. Not only are they creepy and fascinating but they make the world actually feel like a living ecosystem with prey and predators. One greay one where they really follow through on it is Mareanie hunting Corsola, which was mention in the Moon and US entries. They even made Mareanie appear in battle when a Corsola cries for help, except it attacks the Corsola instead of the player :0

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
i looove the darker Alola style dex entries. Not only are they creepy and fascinating but they make the world actually feel like a living ecosystem with prey and predators. One greay one where they really follow through on it is Mareanie hunting Corsola, which was mention in the Moon and US entries. They even made Mareanie appear in battle when a Corsola cries for help, except it attacks the Corsola instead of the player :0

Similarly, the dex entry for Sableye talks about it's favorite food being Carbink. Sometimes when fighting Carbink in one of the caves, Sableye shows up and attacks it.

Back