• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
That's amazing. Is it really okay to allow people to change their gender without some sort of psychiatric approval, or at least some way to prove that they're actually trans though? Maybe that's what the "administrative procedure" is.

Magdalena~

Feel the hnnnnggg
Years
That's amazing. Is it really okay to allow people to change their gender without some sort of psychiatric approval, or at least some way to prove that they're actually trans though? Maybe that's what the "administrative procedure" is.
Imo there's no way to actually "prove" that you're trans. Trans people come in all different shapes and sizes and can't really be classified under one big set of criteria. In other countries they have regulations like that to keep out the transvestites and such, but the thing is, transvestites are usually much more comfortable with doing the things they have to do than most transsexual people are. :x

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
What I would say is why should people have to prove that they're trans? Why do people even needto be trans to change their gender? It would even help with same-sex marriage if this were to be implemented in other countries. If two men wanted to get married, one would just have to change his gender to female and BAM. I mean, it's not an endgame solution, but it's certainly a good temporary band-aid.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
Years
What I would say is why should people have to prove that they're trans? Why do people even need to be trans to change their gender? It would even help with same-sex marriage if this were to be implemented in other countries. If two men wanted to get married, one would just have to change his gender to female and BAM. I mean, it's not an endgame solution, but it's certainly a good temporary band-aid.

I'm sorry what? You don't mean that right?

I agree with the whole why should people need to prove they're trans if you're psychologically sane you should know what you identify as. Perhaps some psychiatric assessment is necessary so you can be sure, but generally they know. If only that was implemented all over the world!

But as for the whole same sex marriage thing. If civil marriage isn't allowed it's unlikely gender identity laws would be in place either, and if they are chances are they'd involve one of the men having gender reassignment surgery and I doubt either party want that and it's ridiculous that non-trans people should just be able to change their gender on a whim. If the government doesn't want to give same sex couples the right to marry they're not going to let them change their gender for that purpose, especially not without surgery. I'm sure the laws are stricter than what that suggests.

Edit: I found an interesting article! http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...es-rash-of-assaults-on-transgender-women.html

Last edited:

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
Years

Shining Raichu

Years
But as for the whole same sex marriage thing. If civil marriage isn't allowed it's unlikely gender identity laws would be in place either, and if they are chances are they'd involve one of the men having gender reassignment surgery and I doubt either party want that. If the government doesn't want to give same sex couples the right to marry they're not going to let them change their gender for that purpose, especially not without surgery. I'm sure the laws are stricter than what that suggests.

I'm not suggesting it's something that would ever actually happen, just saying that hypothetically it would be a cool loophole in the law if it did lol.

~Kawaii~ said:
and it's ridiculous that non-trans people should just be able to change their gender on a whim.

Why? To be perfectly honest, I think complete legal gender fluidity would be fantastic. What is the issue with anybody being able to legally change their gender?

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
Years
Why? To be perfectly honest, I think complete legal gender fluidity would be fantastic. What is the issue with anybody being able to legally change their gender?

The issue with it is that it shouldn't be something anyone can do, consider all the problems that could arise from it. If they legally change their gender they get all the rights of that gender, lower retirement age for women in many cases, and so on, people could change their gender to take advantage of those rights. If laws and rights for men and women where exactly the same I'd be all for it, but until then it's a terrible idea.

Shining Raichu

Years
Well could that not be the catalyst for the change to equality between men and women? If you have a bunch of men saying on paper that they're women to take advantage of such things, then that would just force governments to rethink the legal apartheid they've set between the genders.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Really it would be best if identity cards just removed 'gender' all together, thus eliminating problems...

Magdalena~

Feel the hnnnnggg
Years
If two men wanted to get married, one would just have to change his gender to female and BAM.
LOL.
(i just felt like i had to comment on this statement) there is a way though, through brain scans. apparently, transsexuals have some differences in their brains compared to people who are comfortable with their sex and gender (http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn20032-transsexual-differences-caught-on-brain-scan.html).
Trans rights efforts should work towards encouraging equality. Using brain scans to prove someone is trans is basically forcing comformity. That is, if your brain isn't the same shape as most trans people, no matter how much discomfort you feel with the way your body is, you're off the bus--deal with it. In my opinion, this is not a solution even remotely.
Also this: "But the region is too small to scan in a living person so differences have only been picked up at post-mortem." Not to mention, if the area is that small, even if we could spot the difference in a living person, it's highly likely someone could have "a difference from the rest of the population" that is difficult to spot.
Well could that not be the catalyst for the change to equality between men and women? If you have a bunch of men saying on paper that they're women to take advantage of such things, then that would just force governments to rethink the legal apartheid they've set between the genders.
I quite like this idea. Apartheid is never a good thing if you ask me. Let's just hope it doesn't get too chaotic, you know? xD
Really it would be best if identity cards just removed 'gender' all together, thus eliminating problems...
Agreed.

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
ANOTHER COMIC POST.
So, this is a follow-up for the Batman is gay post.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...ocId=4c157e1b7a914a25a5c732922ea17273&index=0
It is...
Spoiler:

....So...yes. Okay you really did it. Congrats DC.

Spoiler:

I feel like I just read part of a gay doujinshi or something.
I was not aware that regular comics went beyond the "I JUST SAVED THE DAY, KISS ME!!" act and even had gay characters to boot. . . . Perhaps I should start reading comics? xD

@Brony article - *sigh* the more I read about this show the less stupid it sounds. I swear, if I become a brony I'm going to murder you all.
"Clop" most likely isn't something that I'd get into. Not because they're ponies, but probably because they're A) mainly lesbians and B) the art style doesn't . . . *ahem* do much for me.

@Shining Raichu - Being able to legally change your gender on a whim? . . . Um . . . okay, I guess I could say that I'm a person that thinks that your "legal" gender should be constituted by what parts that you're composed of. Although . . . I'm not saying that one shouldn't be allowed to change their gender; I'm all for Trans people being free to do so. But . . . I dunno, I guess having it so anyone can freely "change" their gender at will seems a bit odd. Or something. :/ . . . //y'knowwhat?WhateverforgetIsaidanythinglolx3

@Show video trailer thingy - When they say pre-op trans woman do they mean that she's still a guy? Because otherwise I am confused on how she could have a child. The video won't load for me and I only skimmed the top half of the article. //lazy I know. xP
//still sometimes confused on . . . um, "trans terminology" or whatever. lol

EDIT: bwabwabwa, not sure if I worded all of that right but no offense intended on any of it kthxbai

Illuminaughty

The Graceful Idiot
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Hey, I am fairly new to the PC, I didn't know there was an LGBT club until now. I'd like to join.

I have a little definition discrepancy question.

SO, I know pansexuality is "sexual attraction, sexual desire, romantic love, or emotional attraction toward persons of all gender identities and biological sexes."

I just don't understand why for instance, a straight person would date someone of the same gender even if they were not sexually attracted. Or the converse, why a gay person would date the opposite sex. (Not including bisexual individuals since they are attracted to both sexes, or asexual since they are not sexually attracted to either gender.) It sort of makes it appear like it was a "choice". I know some may argue, you can't help who you love, So I arrive to this question:

Do you think you can be in love (romantically) with someone if you are absolutely not attracted to his or her gender? What specific things differentiate romantic love and a close platonic friendship for you? Do you think pansexuality is a choice and/or fad for those who are only sexually attracted to one gender?

Notice that the first two questions are about you, instead of generalizations of people.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I was checking my facebook and found this link. Its basically a 14-year-old talk show host saying .'President Obama is making kids gay' I'm not that shocked I knew people from high school that and who are still like that. I just wonder you all felt about this.

Even if Obama is influencing sexuality, which I highly doubt (because I believe sexuality is set in stone very early like psychosexual development), at least he is unlike this child's parents who have raised a hate mongering imbecile. Such a shame. Parents like his are only extending the amount of time we need to wait for these feeble minded fools to die out so we can move on.

Years
SO, I know pansexuality is "sexual attraction, sexual desire, romantic love, or emotional attraction toward persons of all gender identities and biological sexes."

I just don't understand why for instance, a straight person would date someone of the same gender even if they were not sexually attracted. Or the converse, why a gay person would date the opposite sex. (Not including bisexual individuals since they are attracted to both sexes, or asexual since they are not sexually attracted to either gender.) It sort of makes it appear like it was a "choice". I know some may argue, you can't help who you love, So I arrive to this question:
Well, a straight person wouldn't generally date someone of the same gender because they're straight, not pansexual. I'm not sure I understand your question as it is worded.

The main idea of pansexuality is that your attraction isn't based on the sex or gender expression of a person (compared to bisexuality in which a person is generally attracted to "male" and "female" but nothing else).

If you're asking how romantic attraction without sexual attraction works then, well, I can't really help you understand it much better.

Illuminaughty

The Graceful Idiot
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Well, a straight person wouldn't generally date someone of the same gender because they're straight, not pansexual. I'm not sure I understand your question as it is worded.

The main idea of pansexuality is that your attraction isn't based on the sex or gender expression of a person (compared to bisexuality in which a person is generally attracted to "male" and "female" but nothing else).

If you're asking how romantic attraction without sexual attraction works then, well, I can't really help you understand it much better.

I guess to word it better. Can a person without sexual attraction to a gender be romantically attracted to someone?

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I'd say yes. I felt romantic attraction toward guys way before I noticed any sexual attraction toward them.

Illuminaughty

The Graceful Idiot
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012

I guess to word it better. Can a person without sexual attraction to a gender be romantically attracted to someone of that gender?

Rather than saying "straight", I will say a person who is sexually attracted to the opposite sex, but not sexually attracted to the same-sex, why would that person be romantically involved with someone of the same-sex knowing that they are not sexually attracted. Also if this person is attracted to that person's personality, but not their gender, wouldn't that be friendship?

What distinguishes being in love and a friendship?

I don't know why half of the post posted before, lol.

@ the responses, but you did have an innate sexual attraction toward the same sex though, it's not the same as someone who is dating someone that they know they are not sexually attracted to based on gender.

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Years
Welcome, Illuminaughty!

To go against the grain here, I don't think it's possible for people with sexual attraction based on gender to fall in love with somebody outside of that gender. Well, I won't say "not possible", because stranger things have happened, but I think it's highly unlikely to form a romantic attachment to somebody without a sexual element.

Sex (or sexual attraction) and the chemical reactions therein are the the variable between a friendship and a romantic relationship. Sex provides the intimacy needed to extend the relationship into that paradigm. I can't speak for everybody, but I know that personally it would be impossible for me to romantically link myself with a woman.

None of this applies to pansexuality, though.

Back