• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Discontinued: Pokémon Amaryllis

manta

★★★★★
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 2, 2024
IQAXwpy.png

Story
The region of Ohkai: a chilly, bumpy landmass, located a great distance away from the Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh regions. Ohkai is a wondrous place; it is characterized by its great variety of beautiful flowers, and the new Pokémon that inhabit it. Recently however, one flower, the Amaryllis, has been appearing in specific places in Ohkai, despite Ohkai not being its natural habitat at all.

You are a child from Wistfall Village, a small town located in the south-west of Ohkai. Professor Basswood, an botanist and Pokémon enthuasiast. One morning, a red-headed girl moves into Wistfall Village. On this day, Basswood gives you and this girl a rare Pokémon as a partner. He then tasks you both with investigating the mysterious appearances of the Amaryllis.

At the same time, a group named Team Epoch has been formed. Team Epoch are researching the minds and biology of Pokémon and how to control them. The Pokémon Rangers of the region do not like this, and set out to foil Team Epoch's activities. Unfortunately, you and the red-headed girl become entangled in the battle to stop Team Epoch...

Why is the Amaryllis appearing in Ohkai? Will Team Epoch succeed with this plan? And, how will your journey unfold?

Features

• A completely new region, the Ohkai region!
  • A planned 50+ Pokémon to catch and train!
  • Many new custom moves!
  • Lots of moves and abilities from Gen IV-VI have been added!
  • The type chart matches Gen VI!
  • Physical-special split from Gen IV was added!
  • Some changed pallettes to freshen the experience!
Screenshots
AE6vILt.png
ZOWwUoH.png
zhtOOhX.png

bxH8NpK.png
bwXO8Vk.png
KOYth04.png
9ikdTOl.png

X1AP2Aw.png
KEM98Jd.png
gkpyRU6.png

7cMZ7iK.png
45QFeMx.png
Z0mcNSO.png
GHqSTE1.png
pKIUOBO.png
tJgw4wN.png
eBOGXLE.png
M7nGdZa.png
ABAyYrd.png
0pvTW09.png

Major contributors

• Involuntary-Twitch - Sprites
  • NuclearOmega and Peegeray - Sprites
  • NewDenverCity and Squeetz - Scripting&Music help
Other credits

• Swag Lord - sprites
  • Jambo51 - ASM
  • HackMew - ASM
  • DoesntKnowHowToPlay - ASM
  • Darthatron - ASM
  • Neoriceisgood - sprites
  • Mr. Dollsteak's Decap and Attack Rombase - amazingly useful
  • Contributors to the Gen VI: DS-Style 64x64 Pokemon Sprite Resource
Special thanks

• SmokedPaprika and CtrlAltDely - beta testing
  • Deouen - support and encouragement

Beta 1.0 download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7-SuQe3NUgoZHNPMWNGWjZWemc

If you want to help out with the game, feel free to ask! I need spriters and Fakemon designers mostly, since I'm not too good at art.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Not a huge fan of fakemon but what you've shown so far looks promising and the maps are decent. Good luck with this!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I love your fakemon, the game's title and your gorgeous new battle t-box palette. Good luck! =)

Years
Good luck with this hack! Looks very promising so far, as the mapping and the sprites do look good as a "Proof of Concept" (Or not, according to you. :P )

manta

★★★★★
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 2, 2024
Thank you for all the encouraging comments. There is no .ips download yet, but I would like to release one when I have finished around 3 Gyms. Currently, I'm halfway between the 1st and 2nd Gym, but I hope to make much more progress throughout this month. Of course, if you would like to help out the game, I really need designers and spriters.

Here's a screenshot showing off Pumyeow, another Fakemon in the game.

S2ZxtO7.png

Wayne18

ACE Trainer
Years
Thank you for all the encouraging comments. There is no .ips download yet, but I would like to release one when I have finished around 3 Gyms. Currently, I'm halfway between the 1st and 2nd Gym, but I hope to make much more progress throughout this month. Of course, if you would like to help out the game, I really need designers and spriters.

Here's a screenshot showing off Pumyeow, another Fakemon in the game.

S2ZxtO7.png

Is Pumyeow like purloin or the other cat like pokemon

manta

★★★★★
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 2, 2024
Is Pumyeow like purloin or the other cat like pokemon
It's similar in typing and looks, but I assure you, Pumyeow and its evolutions are much stronger and better than Purrloin/Glameow. They get lots of coverage, too.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
hi my name is zapdashergirl3000 i would be honored to help with the game i have some great fakemon ideas in store for you if you message me your email i will send you my ideas to make your game perfect

manta

★★★★★
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 2, 2024
Haven't posted in a while, but this week I'm aiming to steamroll through with the game and get the second Gym done. I'll release a demo at three Gyms.
While you wait, here's another screenshot, this time of Silkerin City, the location of the Safari Zone and second Gym.

0FpY6V7.png

And don't forget, as always, the more people that help with sprites, then the more Fakemon the game will have.

jappo

[b]Thank you for being you![/b]
Years
Looks awesome! I will be sure to keep this one on my radar! always a fan of fakemon, because it gives me a sense of adventure (what kind of evolution and attacks will this starter/pokemon give me?)

If you want a walkthrought/playthrought video once you got a demo, let me know :)

Good job and hugs from The Netherlands!

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
I like everything so far, especially the fakemons but naybe the mapping needs a bit of work? Maybe some brighter tiles?

manta

★★★★★
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 2, 2024
Bit of a beg this time, I'm making lots of progress on the game, I've now finished about halfway between Gym 2 and 3, but once again, I really need spriters. Right now, about 4-6 new Trainer sprites need to be done, and 2-3 Fakemon lines need sprites, icons, etcetera. If I can't get these done, then release will either have to be dumbed down majorly or kept at a standstill. Please, even if you can only do a couple sprites, it'd be great to have your help.

And to sweeten your tooth, some more screenies:
UCj2X6J.png
BIX3ehL.png
nRPDPgD.png

By the end of the month, I aim to:
- Get my Town Map fully inserted
- Insert a title screen
- Revamp Oak's intro
- Finish up to just before the 3rd Gym

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
Years
Bit of a beg this time, I'm making lots of progress on the game, I've now finished about halfway between Gym 2 and 3, but once again, I really need spriters. Right now, about 4-6 new Trainer sprites need to be done, and 2-3 Fakemon lines need sprites, icons, etcetera. If I can't get these done, then release will either have to be dumbed down majorly or kept at a standstill. Please, even if you can only do a couple sprites, it'd be great to have your help.

And to sweeten your tooth, some more screenies:
UCj2X6J.png
BIX3ehL.png
nRPDPgD.png

By the end of the month, I aim to:
- Get my Town Map fully inserted
- Insert a title screen
- Revamp Oak's intro
- Finish up to just before the 3rd Gym

The screenshots looks sexy! Can't for it to be finished!

manta

★★★★★
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 2, 2024
It's my birthday, so I think we're long overdue for an update!
But not now, I just wanted to say the game's progress is going swell.
I'll update the post soon with some screenshots!

manta

★★★★★
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 2, 2024
Well, the demo's release is getting near.
I wanted to treat you all to a big progress report to get you excited for the game.

So, first of all. There will be many Fakemon avaliable in this demo. Here are all of the Fakemon that can be seen in the demo:

JrRrNje.png

As you can see, there are many kinds of Fakemon avaliable in the demo. Along with these new Pokémon, there are also other Pokémon returning from later generations, such as Electivire and Cranidos.
Even existing Pokémon will be enhanced with the new moves added to the game, of which there are around 15 currently, as well as new TMs such as Leaf Tornado and Dark Pulse. Obviously, some sprites still need to be finalised.

And as for actual in-game progress, I have completed up to just before the 3rd Gym. Multiple dungeons such as the Ivyshade Forest and Claymould Cave are included, but there is still lots of work
left to do in this department, mainly mapping and scripting. The major events I still have left to finish are the 3rd Gym, and an event surrounding Team Epoch and the Amaryllis. I want to also add a female player character, complete Pokédex entries and habitat lists, and have Trainer sprites and overworlds done too. All in all, progress is being made, but if I knuckle down I should get things done before August, at the latest. I would like to have at least a July release.

If you want to help with sprites or music, I definitely would like aid in those areas. Hit me up with a PM. And once a demo comes out, I will be covering it on my YouTube channel in its entirety.
(https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_6MbNsBFRPD4EhOzDdF1OQ) And now, here are a bounty of screenshots for you all.

7cMZ7iK.png
45QFeMx.png
Z0mcNSO.png
GHqSTE1.png
pKIUOBO.png
tJgw4wN.png
eBOGXLE.png
M7nGdZa.png
ABAyYrd.png
0pvTW09.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Interesting looking fakemon! I like the look of Rookowl, Gillucid (water/poison?) and the starters! :)

Plenty of mystery surrounding this flower, can't wait to learn more!~

Back