• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DayDreamer

Pokemon Gamer
Years
Basically my problem was:

#1: my two Pokemon out in a Double Grass Double Battle fainted at same time.
#2: Reason? Combination of:
crit hit from Swadloon Razor Leaf + having Pokemon of similar level to the area (Swadloon 24, x2; my Sandile, 16 & Boldore 25)
I've had this problem. Yes it's as bobandbill said. You need to switch the position of the fainted pokemon so that a pokemon that is alive is at the top screen.

@beca
Some of the stones can be moved in another direction. If you move them in the wrong direction you have to leave the map and do it again.

Last edited:

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
is there an easy way to find elekid in white? all i can find is rhyhorns in white forest :(

The Pokemon you find in White Forest depeds on the trainers there, and to get more trainers you have to interact with other trainers through EntraLink, WiFi, or just Wireless. Talk to all of the trainers in White Forest, and if one of them is named Robbie you should be able to find Elekid.

When you start a new game and pick your starter on B/W, can you tell from the sprite over the Poke Ball whether one is shiny (as in HG/SS), or do you have to choose one to tell (as in other games)? It's more or less irrelevant to me unless White goes on sale and until Gray comes out, but I'd like to know regardless. :)

I'm pretty sure that you have to wait until you battle, but I'm not 100 percent possible.

^ ok thanks, I guess they don't then

another quick question (lol I keep posting in this thread):
where do I go in BW to see if my EVs are maxed out?

There is a girl in Opelucid City that will tell you. I'm not sure what house she is in but she is on the first floor.

DayDreamer

Pokemon Gamer
Years
So I keep seeing people have more than one leftovers in their b/w moveset teams. Is there a way to get more or did they hack/trade?

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
Right...this isn't really much of a question, but is it just me or are Deerling's fur starting to change colour?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Right...this isn't really much of a question, but is it just me or are Deerling's fur starting to change colour?
Deerling, along with Sawsbuck change their appearance to suit the weather. So the Autumn coat is orange, while say, the Summer ciat is green. People use these Pokemon to tell which season it is.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
I know that. I'm just asking if others' Deerling's fur has become pinkish too. But wait...isn't pink the Spring version?

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
How do you actually catch Victini?

I have made my way to liberty island and i can battle Victini, but i can never seem to catch it :S, even when it has 1 hp and paralysed i still cant :( any help guys? :)

Youji

Game Designer
Years
Anyone else noticed this bug?

I've just found a bug in my Original White [GER].

After Zekrom leveled up to 57 without full health, his HP reached a maximum of 201. But during the battle it was shown in "100/200" while in the Pokémon menu it was indeed "100/201". After using a full restore in battle, its HP were refilled to "200/200" and in the summary "200/201"....

After using a potion outside the battle and going in battle again, the bug disappeared and it had "201/201".

Anyone else noticed that bug? (Should be rare I guess)

I may upload the pictures I took later on. Actually I don't have my data-cable for my cellphone around :D

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Please ask your questions in our Simple Questions sticky in the future; but I'll go ahead and move this to the help thread for answers now.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
So I keep seeing people have more than one leftovers in their b/w moveset teams. Is there a way to get more or did they hack/trade?

They probably hacked or traded, or they may have bought them from the Battle Subway, but I'm not sure if you can buy them there or not.

I know that. I'm just asking if others' Deerling's fur has become pinkish too. But wait...isn't pink the Spring version?

Every month the season changes, so at every month Deerling's form changes. Here is the spring Deerling:
deerling-spring.png
, but you shouldn't run into it for another three months. You might have found a shiny Deerling though:
deerling-autumns.png

I have made my way to liberty island and i can battle Victini, but i can never seem to catch it :S, even when it has 1 hp and paralysed i still cant :( any help guys? :)

Victini has an extremely low catch rate so you will just have to keep on trying. Buy a bunch of ultra balls or great balls and just thow them until you catch it. You can wait until night and use Dusk Balls, which will have a greater effect than Ultra Balls, but only at night. Save before you battle it so that if you run out of PokeBalls just reset and try again.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
No. It was definitely the spring form. Two trainers I fought had Deerling like that, but it's not even winter in the game yet...

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2011
Liberty pass help?

I made my way to Liberty island(or whatever). I then fought Victini, and due to me using a strong move, he died, and I just turned off my game. Now I can't take the boat trip back, and the game won't let me get the Liberty pass...

Help would be appreciated, thanks.

DarkraiDaviz

Darkrai Master
Years
i heard masuda was boosted from 1/2048 to 1/3096 or something close to that is this true

also you get shinies from the dream world?

I made my way to Liberty island(or whatever). I then fought Victini, and due to me using a strong move, he died, and I just turned off my game. Now I can't take the boat trip back, and the game won't let me get the Liberty pass...

Help would be appreciated, thanks.
have you tried going back to and receiveing liberty pass from the mail man?

Last edited:

LuVrDiSC

pokéGirL Power !
Years
i was restting to get a modest female oshawatt
i actualy wana play the game now.. so i settled
for a Bold female... lol did i make a mistake?
should i have went for the Modest?
it was taking Like, all nite, seriously...
its not like im going to worry about its EVs or anything
justa starter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back