• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon GlitterGold (Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Heh, I'm sure we won't have to go to that kind of drastic measure. XD

Uh...I think it's just that one that Crazy_Meerkat (sp?) made like 2 or 3 years ago. There was someone making a Starter Kit for RM2K/3, but he hasn't finished it.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Sorry for the lack of updates, guys. Pingu should have the game now, so I'd expect him to post soon about his progress. In the meantime, I've paused my going back to text thing until he's done. But I can still take screenshots for people while we wait, so just let me know if you want to see something that hasn't been shown.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Whoa, I didn't expect this to go a full month and a few weeks without either a post from Pingu or posts for screens. I hope it's not too late to post in this, but if it is, you can lock the thread, Avatar. I've forgotten what the cutoff was, lol.

So yeah, I'll, uh, ask Pingu how he's doing on this, and get back to everyone if he doesn't. Last time I talked with him a week or two ago, he said he'd gotten the problem I had fixed, and was re-working things. He also had exams, so that might've hampered things, but we'll see how it goes.

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
Looks like this will be a great remake. But, will it be a 100% the same (with improved graphics) as G/S/C? Sorry if you have already answered this, I just looked at the 1st post.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
It's no problem. For the most part, it's identical to G/S/C, moreso Crystal than the other two, up until the Elite 4, with a few added things on my end. Once Kanto kicks in, there should be a bit more room for creativity. I probably will recreate Kanto as it was in G/S/C, but add a few things to make it more unique. There's a chain of islands I'm adding, like the Sevii Islands, that you'll be able to access part of after Mahogany, I think it was (I might have to recheck), and the rest will gradually be accessible as you gain the Kanto badges. As for what's in the islands, well...that, I'm keeping secret until the time comes.

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
Years
Well I like this game alot since it is being made in RM2K3
caus I also use RM2K3 (and I like yugioh like you lol)
and If you PM me I can Help you with the Battle System
caus I think I've got the one I made somewhere on
my PC but easier for me is to recode it.
So PM me if you want me to help code you battle sys.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Post that's more than a month late, go!

Well, I'm hoping Pingu works things out with the CBS (I'll talk to him on Yahoo when I get the chance if he doesn't post here), but if it doesn't, I'll ask you for help. Also, you might be able to help me out with coding other stuff, if you're interested. Pingu was working on the CBS and bag if I remember right, but I still need the custom menu system. ^^

"Update"
Well, I suppose, since nobody's asked for screens, I'd put up shots of something I thought I already showed: the Goldenrod City Pier you'll be able to access after you beat Pryce (or at least that's my plan; I haven't made the guard keeping watch there disappear as soon as it happens yet, lol). It'll house the Move Tutor and Relearner, and a fisher you can get a Hyper Rod from. I can't remember if I took it from RSE or FRLG or if I made it up, but the way I want to make it, you have more chances of getting a rare Pokemon, but less chances of actually reeling it in. (If there was a Hyper Rod in a game, let me know so I know I didn't make it up XD) I kinda forget what I was going to do with the cave there, though I think I was going to make it like that Dunsparce cave in FRLG. lolmemory

goldenrodpier.jpg

So yeah, in between subbing YGO GX, working on 5D's comparisons, and school, I'll try to go back and finish up the whole text thing I was doing, and if Pingu finishes work on the CBS, I'll try to integrate it.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
It looks pretty good, despite being a little blurry. I hope that GlitterGold becomes as popular as it did 'back in the day' (meaning two years ago...).

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
I hope so, but that probably won't happen until some more work gets done on the game, judging by the competition. XD

Also, this is a bit off-topic, but I looked at my Pokemon Millenium hack's thread for the first time in about 4 and a half years. It's hard to think that I really did all that, and that I was so good at it, because now I don't really remember all that much about ROM hacking. Not to mention I don't have the Gold-based version of it anymore, so it'd be tough to try and pick it up again. It's like when I started this game. I fiddled around and got to know so much about the way coding works and everything back then, and at this point, since it'd been at least a year or two since I touched RM2K3, some of that knowledge kinda went to the back of my head, so it'll come up as I fiddle around again. It's like a long loop. XD

But I digress. I'll do my best to get in touch with Pingu and I hope the ball can get rolling soon.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Not bad; I don't like the mapping, however. The map looks far too square, and the small houses look really strange with such small roofs...

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Well, most of the other houses in Johto are pretty much the same as those. I don't really find it strange, but I may be a bit biased on that. And I didn't really think it looked too square. I tried making it a simple map, since it's a pier and all. I might decide to add some NPCs and some trees/flowers/etc, though.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
I would've posted this on Wednesday or yesterday, but since my laptop's internet settings got disrupted, I had no access to my campus's internet. (It was resolved by a System Restore, which I could've probably thought of...:P) But, anyway, moving on...

Update! (Haven't had one of these in a while, have we?)​
Well, I fixed up the Pier, so it's now got some rocks to prevent movement, a whirlpool blocking access to the other side of the island, and a house on said side which will house something I haven't really thought of yet. Might be a feature from RSE/FRLG, but I haven't decided which. I've also mapped the cave, which will have a basement floor, its ground floor, and a second floor. The basement floor runs under the Pier's water, so it'll take you to the other side if you don't happen to have a Whirlpool-knowing Pokemon with you. Most of the HM-related events there will assume you've gotten to use Rock Smash, Surf, and Strength through badges, and I may toss in a Flash for the basement floor. I'll post some screens of all this later, once I plan out what items will be available, and fix up all the Strength/Rock Smash/missing Surf events.

Meanwhile, Pingu's online on Yahoo, but he's stepped out, so I'll drop him a line about the CBS and we'll see what happens.

Shadow Pingu

Pokemon Slayer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 29, 2009
Ok I spoke to GLL and all, and I have a free week or two during which I have no coursework (It's all done) or exams (the real ones start in a couple of months), I noticed that GLL stated that I had fixed the problem, that was true, at least I thought I had, until testing it the next day and realizing nothing had changed.
If your interested the problem is caused by enemies not attaking at all which was 99% chance my fault when I modified it...
Anyway, In these 2 weeks I plan to re-make the entire battle system :D

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Heh, sounds good. Thanks, Pingu. :D

Sorry I haven't posted those screens yet. I was busy trying to get the Blackthorn Gym boulder pushing coding all done, thanks to Neo-Dragon's help, before putting the boulder you'll need to push in the cave there. That, and finishing up my GX episode 1 sub (which'll be up today, if anyone's interested). I'll have the screens later today/tomorrow.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Forgive the double-post, but here are the screens:

goldenrodcave1.jpg

goldenrodcave2andgpierrevised.jpg

Everything up to the last three is of Goldenrod Cave, the cave you'll find on the Goldenrod Pier. Speaking of which, the last three are of the revised Goldenrod Pier. Screens 1, 3, 5, and 7 are the cave's first floor, while 2, 4, and 6 are the second floor, and 7 and 8 are the basement floor. That'll be the only floor that will be dyed a blue tint, since it'll be underwater, so ignore the blue tint on the second floor. I also have to decide what items and everything you'll find, but it shouldn't be anything too out-there.

In other updates, with Neo-Dragon's help, I've successfully managed to work in the boulder-moving for Blackthorn Gym and the Ice Path. So now, it'll work as it would in the official games. Gotta hand it to the guy. XD

Next up, I'll go back and finish updating the text and everything for the maps past Violet (where I left off, IIRC). Meanwhile, Pingu should be able to get some good work done on the CBS so I can implement it, and I'll also check out PokeCreator_09's CMS Tutorial to try and get it done so Pingu doesn't have to worry about too much.

EDIT: Oh, and the blurryness is due to the fact that I had to double the size of the pics to get them into my usual size.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
I guess, forgive the triple post. Dunno why anyone hasn't posted at all, not even about the screens. =/

Small Update
I've revised most of the events up to about Goldenrod, so now text will be displayed as fast as the text-display you'll choose at the beginning of the game. I've also edited the NPC chats so that there's less splintered text around (having pieces of text in another dialogue that could've fit in the previous one). And I've also had to fix a few Surfing events that didn't really work the way they should've. Before workiing on Goldenrod through Cianwood/Mahogany for the next few days, I'll also have to fire up my Gold or Crystal rom (I think I was basing the game more on Crystal, though) and find a few location teleports and missing NPC text I somehow forgot to include when taking care of Union Cave, Azalea Town, and Ilex Forest. I'll possibly finish revising sometime next week/the week after.

Once that's done, I MIGHT consider a demo release for everyone to see the changes, as well as try exploring that Goldenrod Cave. Of course, I'll have to figure out how to work in the Pier unlocking. My original plan was to unlock it after you beat Team Rocket in Goldenrod, and it should still work out that way.

Also, I'll ask Pingu how things are going with the CBS if he doesn't post in a few days. XD

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
[shame on all of you]I don't know if you heard this but the reason noone posted here is because no one cares about any body else's thread but their own.... True story.....[/shame on all of you]

Would you not be better coding your own battle system? It feels like a year has past waiting on this battle system. You could make the foundation to the battle system in 2 months.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
sorry for the off topic post but neon-lime green on white background is /kinda/ hard to read

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
sorry for the off topic post but neon-lime green on white background is /kinda/ hard to read
Okay, there hasn't been a post in four days, and you come in to post about the font color, of all things? Seriously, it's not /that/ hard to change the layout you're using if you think it's that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back