• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Altered Emerald (386+ patch with new maps and 7th gen battle engine/evos)

What's your rating, guys?

• ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 351 70.8%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 115 23.2%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • ✰ ✰

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 55
  • Seen Jul 26, 2020
Does Exeggcute evolve differently? Leaf stone isn't working and there isn't anything in the documentation about a change

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I have the same problem like many others in this thread. Dive is nowhere to be found in the tar pit. I have the 7th gym badge and talked with Steven. I really hate game breaking bugs that late in a game.

luuma

searching for Meaning, offering HA numel
Years
I have the same problem like many others in this thread. Dive is nowhere to be found in the tar pit. I have the 7th gym badge and talked with Steven. I really hate game breaking bugs that late in a game.
Am pretty sure this is already fixed in the current patch.

I figured I'd point out that Ion Deluge doesn't seem to work.
Pretty sure you're thinking of Electrify's effect. Ion deluge only ever affected normal type moves, and it seems to be doing that just fine

Years
hey, I've been playing this game for a while now and i love it, but i'm wondering if i missed the amulet coin somewhere, i can't seem to find it

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I'm trying to evolve yanma,its 39 and still hasn't learned ancient power,does it evolve differently in this ROM?
There are only 3 first gens Pokemon, so you can't evolve Yanma. And it can't not learn Ancient Power in this hack.

NoMoreStars

Trying
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 3, 2024
Has there been a change to Natu's evolution line that wasn't mentioned? I understand that Natu evolves at level 25, which I leveled mine up past that and it doesn't seem to be evolving. No everstone attatched. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 7, 2020
Wing attack returns to its usual effect (60 bp with no seconsary effect) rather than what it used to in this hack (35 bp hits twice), is this intentional?

Also forgive my noob-ness in hacking but when i try to edit move effects in PGE, the effects are not allign to what they are in game (ex: move that hits twice have the option "paralyzes target" in PGE, but do hits twice the game itself), is there a way to make this not happen?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2018
Is there a working cheat for rare candies (preferably unlimited) for this rom hack? Or a lucky egg? It's becoming very tedious and time consuming to grind my pokemon to have a chance at defeating the 8th gym let alone the Elite Four. Need some help or I won't have time to finish the game which would make me very sad because this is one of the best ROM hacks I've ever played...

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 11, 2020
I appreciate the level adjustment but is there an easier way to grind? I got rekt by the twins (tail glow ampharos carry) I was 53, and once I say their levels I wished I was 57 at least

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Jun 14, 2018
I?ve tried for about 30 minutes and I can not figure out how to get to the tar pits. There are no tutorials online please help

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 3, 2018
To get to the Tar Pits, you need to have completed the story up to that point. So, defeat the 6th and 7th gyms, then defeat Team Aqua and Magma at the secret base in Mt. Chimney, then at the base in Lilycove as well. From there, defeat Team Magma at the Space Center in Mossdeep, then speak to Steven at his home (Also in Mossdeep). He will hand you the Super Rod, and tell you to meet the Diver at the Tar Pits.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 26, 2019
Was the level at which Snubbull evolves changed for this hack? Because normally they evolve at 23 but mine is 25 and still hasn't evolved

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 10, 2018
There seems to be a bug with the IV perfecter. Whenever I pay for her services she ends up reverting my Spc. Def and Speed IV's to 0 no matter what I say to her.

https://imgur.com/hdZpM1h

Also I wanna say I love this hack. Although some of the puzzles were a real pain (and not in a fun way), the challenge up to the league was intense and really made me rethink my team composition. Most of the pokedex entries left me smiling and the others made me chuckle, whoever wrote them must be pretty witty. The puzzles that weren't maddening I found extremely rewarding and fun, again- the sign of a smart designer.

If I could make a suggestion (and I seem to be doing this with every hack and I'm sorry for that) I would like to see a visible IV rating on the stats screen.

Thank you for your work.

Also also: has flame body been moved to another pokemon? Slugma doesn't seem to have it anymore. If so which one?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 26, 2019
Well, it turns out Snubbull's evolution level has been moved up to 28 if anyone else was wondering.

It seems I've come across an actual bug this time: I don't know when it happened, but I'm about to do the 4th gym and I have Flannery registered in my PokéNav instead of Brawly.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 27, 2019
You can get stuck in the Canyon if you have no pokemon with strength
WHbZ0zJ.png

Back