• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you want to be?

blue

gucci
Years
definitely something science/research related. biology or physics would be really interesting career paths for me.

Exothermic

Keeper of the Hammer
Years
I currently work as a analyst and consultant to a cybersecurity firm.

While my current job is great and my colleagues are all amazing people, I sometimes wonder if I could do some consultancy work on my own? It's probably something I'd like to try once I have enough experience and financial freedom to pursue running my own little business. That said, for my immediate future, I would like to have opportunities to be rotated to different departments to learn and improve myself as much as I can!

Years
Currently I am a front office manager at mercure hotel. Later I would like to start my own hotel.
This has been a dream of mine since i was young.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
honestly i have no idea. i haven't for a long time, and that really scares me. one job that really sounds good to me is a youtuber but.. i don't know if that'll happen. i dunno. who knows.

i've also really liked writing but.. i dunno.

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
Years
well... my current job is stocking shelves at a grocery store, but i plan on quitting soon and getting another job at a call center for a cable company. the job is too physically demanding for me, and i found out recently i might have early onset arthritis. i don't want to work minimum wage office jobs forever, so i do have plans on going back to school someday. i want to be a high school history teacher. history is my passion and i think being a teacher is the best way for me to show that passion.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I never really decided to become a computer programmer in the sense of a career path, but in any case I have pretty much learned plenty of technicals to give the industry a run for its money, and so that's what my objective has been. As an entrepreneur, I have learned a fair amount of things outside programming—leadership and economics, mostly—but I've also dabbled in real estate, stocks, wealth management, and other things like that without too much taken seriously.

As for what I want to be, well I want to be an influential figure in a new wave of liberal technology that replaces a lot of the decrepit, poisonous silicon valley culture that has permeated the field I love so much. The video game sector is in a slump, and technology in general is slowing a fair bit outside of established, well-tracked companies like the Big Four and such. It is my objective to make products nobody's really quite thought of yet, and couple those new selling points with superior engineering work that is exceptionally rare and expensive most of the time. It's a tall order, but I'm getting there and I'm not doing it alone. :)
I'm a Police Officer. Dream job.
Are you Detective John Kimble, the kindergarten cop? :P

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
I would like a job that can bring smiles to peoples faces ^_^

Like a job at a sanrio store or a florest shop might work.

Or best of all charity work.

I just wanna spread happiness :) Plus, i'm finally happier myself now.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 19, 2018
I never really decided to become a computer programmer in the sense of a career path, but in any case I have pretty much learned plenty of technicals to give the industry a run for its money, and so that's what my objective has been. As an entrepreneur, I have learned a fair amount of things outside programming—leadership and economics, mostly—but I've also dabbled in real estate, stocks, wealth management, and other things like that without too much taken seriously.

As for what I want to be, well I want to be an influential figure in a new wave of liberal technology that replaces a lot of the decrepit, poisonous silicon valley culture that has permeated the field I love so much. The video game sector is in a slump, and technology in general is slowing a fair bit outside of established, well-tracked companies like the Big Four and such. It is my objective to make products nobody's really quite thought of yet, and couple those new selling points with superior engineering work that is exceptionally rare and expensive most of the time. It's a tall order, but I'm getting there and I'm not doing it alone. :)

Are you Detective John Kimble, the kindergarten cop? :P

Of course! How did you know?

Was it my Austrian accent?

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
I want to be a copyeditor one day. Just sitting around, reading people's work, and then just helping writers clean it up.

Even though I am terrible at it, grammar is fun for me.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Truthfully, I want to be somebody that people can look up too, not in an arrogant, self-righteous and self-absorbed way like how some celebrities are but a role model. Somebody that brings warmth and hope to some people.

Years
something to do with technology, and hopefully in the network security field.

beyond that? well, i'll let the currents of life take me where they may.

TY

Probably have a healthy life with someone I deeply care about, living together n stuff

ErM

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 9, 2018
I want to get a career that makes me happy. That needs to be your top goal!

Back