• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite Battle 2015: Gen 5 battle skin

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Update!

I've updated the script sections again, as I'm slowly expanding the general UI of the system. In order to use these new scripts, you'll also need to extract these resources to Graphics/Pictures/

99825454313a0c027f8529025644d12b.png

Custom Pokemon Selection screen to come at a later date.

Last edited:

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Upon updating, and entering a battle, I am presented with this error.

Spoiler:

Also, upon starting up the game I get this error:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years

For everyone:
Against the better of my judgement, I have re-written the instructions in the opening post. I don't want to see another post about people having issues because of their incompetency to read simple, mindless instructions. I've even included a picture, so there are no more excuses not to be able to copy and paste the scripts as per the instructions. If you have any further problems due to not plugging in the scripts properly, I sincerely feel sorry for you. I'll start reporting any further posts of those kinds as spam, even if it gets me banned.
Please, for the sake of my sanity.

On another note, I've fixed some minor visual quirks with the Scene and UI

Last edited:

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
Years
Hmm I'm not sure you're doing it the right way...

Upload your picture to something like imgur.com then put the display code here.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I'm sure making sure the code works perfectly is probably your main concern, but I think you're actually getting better graphically as well.

Everything is my main concern, haha. I'm definitely lacking the audio resources and not the intention of adding them in. I'm glad you posted the link, it'll make the whole thing feel a lot more complete. I actually did add a sound for the ability bars recently, when I redesigned them for the system (still requires the gen 6 project to use). It sounds lame though.

I'm currently working on a complete rework of the thing. Utilizing vectors and math to calculate motion and animations, instead of my current manual approach. So I'll hold off on updating much, until I start making some proper headway.

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
Years
Wow that sound promising. B/W official system has actually a lot of work, I was looking at it and I noticed lot of things. Like the intro for a wild battle isn't the same (it's like what you've done for now) than the trainer intro (which has a curved trajectory). In fact, B/W has a lot of rotations.
I can make you a video showing the different movements if you're interested. I have a lot of footage thanks to Twitch Plays Pokemon.

Are you planning to include the low-hp sound?

I noticed some glitches:
- when you use a ball to catch a wild pokemon while it's raining (or any weather animation), the weather animation stops between each ball shakes.
- if you use an item which was the last one using the "last used item" feature and go back to the item menu on the next round, the cursor will still be on "last used item" (which shows no item since I used the last one). If you select it, this error shows up.
nvhV1t5.png

This is possible because you keep in memory the latest selected option, and since there is no more item, the game can't find it. I go back to the main battle menu and can still continue playing (the game doesn't stop)
- [maybe not a bug] the "last used item" doesn't stay between two battles like in the official games.
- when in the item menu, selecting the arrow to go back will play 2 sounds (if you quit item menu using escape, only one sound is played).

I updated right before and didn't disabled the new UI or anything else in the code so I hope I did everything correctly.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Wow that sound promising. B/W official system has actually a lot of work, I was looking at it and I noticed lot of things. Like the intro for a wild battle isn't the same (it's like what you've done for now) than the trainer intro (which has a curved trajectory). In fact, B/W has a lot of rotations.
I can make you a video showing the different movements if you're interested. I have a lot of footage thanks to Twitch Plays Pokemon.1

Are you planning to include the low-hp sound?2

I noticed some glitches:

when you use a ball to catch a wild pokemon while it's raining (or any weather animation), the weather animation stops between each ball shakes.3

if you use an item which was the last one using the "last used item" feature and go back to the item menu on the next round, the cursor will still be on "last used item" (which shows no item since I used the last one).4

the "last used item" doesn't stay between two battles like in the official games.5

when in the item menu, selecting the arrow to go back will play 2 sounds (if you quit item menu using escape, only one sound is played).6
1. I hope you are aware that the B/W battle system has a 3D room, something Essentials can't feature. With that, I am limited to how fancy it can get. I limited the movement to linear types, since that allows for nice transitions, without the need to transform the battle background to accommodate for those. I have no valid distortion method to make the battle background look like it's rotating with the bases, and I won't just make the bases rotate since that would look stupid. The battle bases would stand out and look as they aren't a part of the whole background/room.

2. Maybe later, but only something in the style of gens < 5 or gen 6. Not with the actual BGM change.

3. fixed

4. fixed

5. I was under the impression that was how it worked. Fixed

6. I can't get this to happen.

All the updates were made to the Scene and UI portions of the script.

Last edited:

rigbycwts

Hmm, hmm.
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2019
Are you planning on making the bag screen compatible with the Easy Mouse script?

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
Years
I know the B/W system uses a 3D environment. So I guess you're right for the limitations.
About the low hp sound, I saw think about the beeps too, since the gen 5 theme needs to be correctly looped (and that mean using FMod which I can't get working correctly with Essentials...).

For the sound glitch in 6, I made a video to show you what I have (I upgraded the script with the latest version right before): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z8GzO5Ko80

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Are you planning on making the bag screen compatible with the Easy Mouse script?
No.
For the sound glitch in 6
I think I've fixed that now.

Update!

Big rework on how animations get handled. The positioning of the scene uses a vector now, and I've been able to therefore add a lot of animations to the "idle camera movement", as well as cleaning things up significantly, and making everything that much more dynamic.

I've updated the Battle, Scene, Sprites, Animations* and UI sections. As well as adding in a new Maths section to the scripts.

* tweaked the animations a bit more
Updated the Scene and Animations portions again to add camera movement during move animations. Pretty exciting stuff.

Last edited:
Back