• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code: [EM] Dizzy's Hacked Engine

Trainer 781

I present to you a bunch of features that some people were requesting and some that I decided to port/upgrade. Those are relatively small projects and I hope to add new ones as time goes on.

Github page link

Current features are: (thanks for Tetra for writing descriptions of some of them)
Upgraded BW's Repel system
Spoiler:

Playing specific music in a battle
Spoiler:

Competitive Trainers:
Spoiler:

Max Money 9 999 999:
Spoiler:

New Evolution Methods:
Spoiler:

Nature Colored Stats:
Spoiler:

Moving the level cap:
Spoiler:

Pokéball Expansion:
Spoiler:

Menu options toggle:
Spoiler:

Fire Red style fishing:
Spoiler:

Chain fishing:
Spoiler:

Shiny Charm:
Spoiler:

Hall of Fame Expanded Pokémon Fix:
Spoiler:

New Specials:
Spoiler:

Installation:
Spoiler:

I'm open to any ideas, so if there's something you'd like to see in EM, tell.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Code:
old ones remain unchanged
10=Knows Move
11=In certain map
12=Level-up at day
13=Level-up at night
14=Holding item at day
15=Holding item at night
16=Level-up if male
17=Level-up if female
18=Level-up if raining
19=Specific Pokemon in party
1A=Level-up if pokemon with type in party
1B=Using item if male
1C=Using item if female

These should be the ones for PGE.

Code:
EvolutionName16=Knows Move
Evolution16Param=attack
EvolutionName17=In certain map
Evolution17Param=mapname
EvolutionName18=Level-up at day
Evolution18Param=level
EvolutionName19=Level-up at night
Evolution19Param=level
EvolutionName20=Holding item at day
Evolution20Param=item
EvolutionName21=Holding item at night
Evolution21Param=item
EvolutionName22=Level-up if male
Evolution22Param=level
EvolutionName23=Level-up if female
Evolution23Param=level
EvolutionName24=Level-up if raining
Evolution24Param=level
EvolutionName25=Specific Pokemon in party
Evolution25Param=species
EvolutionName26=Level-up if pokemon with type in party
Evolution26Param=bankandmap
EvolutionName27=Using item if male
Evolution27Param=item
EvolutionName28=Using item if female
Evolution28Param=item

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Hey Dizzy, I used your previous Emerald patch that raises the max level to 255 but saw that it may not display a 4 digit stats correctly. If I reuse the new one on my already applied mod, would it work properly still?

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
Very awesome my man, but why didn't you make it into an optional feature in the upgraded engine, like what you did with Capture EXP? And will this work together with the engine?

Years
Hey Dizzy, I used your previous Emerald patch that raises the max level to 255 but saw that it may not display a 4 digit stats correctly. If I reuse the new one on my already applied mod, would it work properly still?

There may be problems with hooks. Damn, I just deleted the repository so I may not remember all the hooks locations but if you still have it here's what you do. Check hooks file, go into every offset there is in a hex editor and replace bytes there with what was in the original rom.
If you'll have problems, send me your rom via PM and I'll release a patch fix for it.

Very awesome my man, but why didn't you make it into an optional feature in the upgraded engine, like what you did with Capture EXP? And will this work together with the engine?

Because Battle Engine is just that, a battle engine. I simply don't want to mix everything into one project. And Capture Exp is related to battles. :P
All my works are compatible with each other.

Jeesh

I just wanna hack Emerald.
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 23, 2020
All(I think) new evo methods have been implemented. I'll try to provide inis for them later(or if could someone else do it I'd be grateful ).

Heeeey,
I have a problem with the new evos.
When I try to evolve using a move, after the mon learns it from level up in battle, as the screen transitions to overworld it just stops and freezes on a black screen. Also, when I try to use an item on a specific gender mon, it says it won't have any effect. Levels above 100 and the nature colored boosts are operational, but NONE of the new evolutions are working. Is there something I did wrong?

Years
Heeeey,
I have a problem with the new evos.
When I try to evolve using a move, after the mon learns it from level up in battle, as the screen transitions to overworld it just stops and freezes on a black screen. Also, when I try to use an item on a specific gender mon, it says it won't have any effect. Levels above 100 and the nature colored boosts are operational, but NONE of the new evolutions are working. Is there something I did wrong?

Whoopsie! My bad, I forgot to update the linker file with given offset. The freezing was caused because the compiler assumed everything was being built at 0xF00000 even though the location may have differed.
I fixed it now, so re-download and it should work. :)

Jeesh

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 23, 2020
Whoopsie! My bad, I forgot to update the linker file with given offset. The freezing was caused because the compiler assumed everything was being built at 0xF00000 even though the location may have differed.

Oh, great! Thanks :D

EDIT: Actually, now theres a syntax error when I run the build script with a file in the devkit folder.

Last edited:

Jeesh

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 23, 2020

This thing:
36ee7b29dfeb489399f3198d17c0fdfb.png

Says it has a problem with line 30 and/or 32 in the linker.ld file, which is just a "}."

EDIT: I tried deleting and editing some charaters in the lines with errors. After a few tries, it made a rom. But the evolutions didn't work. They just went straight to overworld. This may have been made even worse, cuz I didn't have this error with the old one.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
You are amazing DizzyEgg! These features are great. I'm sure I'll use them. Thank you for contributing to Pokemon Emerald hacking :)

Years
This thing:
36ee7b29dfeb489399f3198d17c0fdfb.png

Says it has a problem with line 30 and/or 32 in the linker.ld file, which is just a "}."

EDIT: I tried deleting and editing some charaters in the lines with errors. After a few tries, it made a rom. But the evolutions didn't work. They just went straight to overworld. This may have been made even worse, cuz I didn't have this error with the old one.

Seems to be a problem with newlines. Check it out now.

Jeesh

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 23, 2020
Seems to be a problem with newlines. Check it out now.

It still didn't work.
Like, it doesn't even look implemented.
To be specific, everything's operating. But the evolutions (I'm mainly testing the "Know Move" evolution type) are not. When I set it up in PGE, and have the mon learn the move on level up, it doesn't evolve when it LEARNS the move, and it doesn't evolve when it LEVELS UP knowing the move. Again, everything else works, but evolutions don't.

Years
It still didn't work.
Like, it doesn't even look implemented.
To be specific, everything's operating. But the evolutions (I'm mainly testing the "Know Move" evolution type) are not. When I set it up in PGE, and have the mon learn the move on level up, it doesn't evolve when it LEARNS the move, and it doesn't evolve when it LEVELS UP knowing the move. Again, everything else works, but evolutions don't.

Everything else works fine, right?
Did you expand the evo slots from 5 to 8?

Back