• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Island [v2.1] - Gen 9, Battle vs yourself, Habitat List and more

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 14, 2014
When I try to open the .exe, nothing happens. I have the latest version available.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen today
That Underground is big, took me 23 Super Repel to find the 2nd portal
My real intent is to only few player can reach in the second portal in this area, making the place a big challenge!

When I try to open the .exe, nothing happens. I have the latest version available.
Click on the executable file icon with island icon and go into Properties, in the Compatibility section put at the Run in Compatibility Mode for Windows XP. As the game try to load some of own files, some antivirus software interpret this activity as virus, but don't worry, this game won't have a virus. If you have problems with this, just enable this game as exception in your antivirus. Make sure that you extracted the entire folder from the zip. Do a test having administrator permission on your computer.

Years
Nice to see that the underground is now working normally :).

Do you know how to get a Zapdos ? I'm not a big fan of using legendaries but this one would fit my team perfectly.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 14, 2014
Click on the executable file icon with island icon and go into Properties, in the Compatibility section put at the Run in Compatibility Mode for Windows XP. As the game try to load some of own files, some antivirus software interpret this activity as virus, but don't worry, this game won't have a virus. If you have problems with this, just enable this game as exception in your antivirus. Make sure that you extracted the entire folder from the zip. Do a test having administrator permission on your computer.

Did this, and I have all anti-virus software shut off. Still nothing.

I am able to run Pokemon Raptor without any problems, so it's just weird.

I downloaded both the 7zip version and regular zipped version to test to see if that was the reason. Same results.

Edit: Nevermind, got it to work. It has to be in a certain directory to play. I unzipped it into it's own file, and that conflicted with it.

Years
The game lags horribly in the City, but inside buildings and going to the outside areas like the Beach and Tunnel the game runs normally. What do I do?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
The game lags horribly in the City, but inside buildings and going to the outside areas like the Beach and Tunnel the game runs normally. What do I do?
If the city is lag, it maybe your computer have problem.
Or it is just you run too many thing in your computer?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen today
Nice to see that the underground is now working normally :).

Do you know how to get a Zapdos ? I'm not a big fan of using legendaries but this one would fit my team perfectly.

If the city is lag, it maybe your computer have problem.
Or it is just you run too many thing in your computer?
You are right. Also try to run by Compatibility Mode for Windows XP.

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Dec 28, 2013
Great Game! The only thing I was frustrated by was the Sea Level (Or the Ocean Level as some people have posted). It is absolutely gigantic and I could not find the second portal even using the hint you posted above. So I mapped the entire thing out in Excel. Since I did the work, I figured I'd post it here.

To anyone who uses it:
There is a Color Key on Sheet 2.

I do not plan on updating this map further, if you find mistakes, feel free to correct it yourself.

Warning!: There are a few mistakes as to the locations of some of the islands because my counting was off by one here or there but for the most part they are near enough that if you go to the location the map shows, you'll find it.

Warning!: I mapped this after doing a pretty thorough search of the entire map before that. I had already picked up most of the items so for the most part I guessed where all the items that I had picked up were located. There might be some items that I missed putting on the map and some items I guessed were there but was wrong.

Warning!: Many trainers wander around the map, I tried to mark the top-right corner of their path. Trainers will also not move if they are not on your screen so if you do not see the trainer where I have them marked, try searching down and/or left from that location. I know I screwed up at least one, though, so if you still cannot find them try searching up and/or right instead.

Warning!: The map is approximately 355 squares across (1 square being the space you move with a single step) and 370 squares tall. If you intend to search the entire map, bring along a few Max Repels or it will take you forever. I used about 100-150 while creating the map.

Enjoy!

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
Great Game! The only thing I was frustrated by was the Sea Level (Or the Ocean Level as some people have posted). It is absolutely gigantic and I could not find the second portal even using the hint you posted above. So I mapped the entire thing out in Excel. Since I did the work, I figured I'd post it here.

Enjoy!
Thank man. As now I have seen the arrow, it is really far from any portal.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen today

To anyone who uses it:
There is a Color Key on Sheet 2.

I do not plan on updating this map further, if you find mistakes, feel free to correct it yourself.

Warning!: There are a few mistakes as to the locations of some of the islands because my counting was off by one here or there but for the most part they are near enough that if you go to the location the map shows, you'll find it.

Warning!: I mapped this after doing a pretty thorough search of the entire map before that. I had already picked up most of the items so for the most part I guessed where all the items that I had picked up were located. There might be some items that I missed putting on the map and some items I guessed were there but was wrong.

Warning!: Many trainers wander around the map, I tried to mark the top-right corner of their path. Trainers will also not move if they are not on your screen so if you do not see the trainer where I have them marked, try searching down and/or left from that location. I know I screwed up at least one, though, so if you still cannot find them try searching up and/or right instead.

Warning!: The map is approximately 355 squares across (1 square being the space you move with a single step) and 370 squares tall. If you intend to search the entire map, bring along a few Max Repels or it will take you forever. I used about 100-150 while creating the map.

Enjoy!
I'm impressed! Since some small islands only have water as referentials, mapping these ones may be a hard task, and the area is HUGE! More than 100.000 square tiles! I'm curious about how much time you spend making this.

Thank man. As now I have seen the arrow, it is really far from any portal.
Very far, but points to the right direction.

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2014
So having come back from the hell known as EV training and having made some decent progress in Battle Tower, I'd like to ask something. Will I get anything special for winning 50 battles in a row in Battle Tower? I can't think of any other way to get a fourth trainer star, but I'd kind of like to know; if Battle Tower victories only give me money, I don't think it will be worth the time and stress involved in winning 50 battles in a row (I've won by luck more than once).

Oh, and before I forget, I've noticed that TM 158, TM 159, and TM 160 are still not in the Pokémon Mart. Do I have to do something special to unlock those?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen today
So having come back from the hell known as EV training and having made some decent progress in Battle Tower, I'd like to ask something. Will I get anything special for winning 50 battles in a row in Battle Tower? I can't think of any other way to get a fourth trainer star, but I'd kind of like to know; if Battle Tower victories only give me money, I don't think it will be worth the time and stress involved in winning 50 battles in a row (I've won by luck more than once).

Oh, and before I forget, I've noticed that TM 158, TM 159, and TM 160 are still not in the Pokémon Mart. Do I have to do something special to unlock those?
Yes, 50 wins in Single OR Double modes at Battle Tower gives you a star in the Trainer Card.

If you have 4 stars, you unlock a special event.

By the way, the Power Items are working, you can combine these items with the berries that reduce EVs to easily make an EV training. There also a cientist that says the EVs of your pokémon.

I forget to add these TMs XD

The moves of these TMs are Sky Drop, Incinerate and Quash. Thanks for the report!

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Dec 28, 2013
I'm impressed! Since some small islands only have water as referentials, mapping these ones may be a hard task, and the area is HUGE! More than 100.000 square tiles! I'm curious about how much time you spend making this.

Oh maybe every night for a week. Maybe as much as 20 hours total. There were a couple times I found I was off by one square here or there and had to spend half an hour or so trying to figure out where I screwed up. The islands that I know I screwed up on the map but never returned to are the ones around the arrows. [Edit: The screen is ~11 squares tall and 15 squares wide. Basically I would map out all the squares on the screen, move down 11 steps, map all those squares, etc. When I hit an obstacle, I would turn and go 15 squares in one direction or another until I got around it. I started at the arrow, mapped up and to the left till I hit the big wall of tiny islands and turned around mostly following the edge of the map until I got all the way back around. I would map out to the wall then back to the center.]

I'd actually say that there are two islands that could be considered arrows. The one that points southwest does kinda point towards the second portal but if you follow the arrow exactly, you'll never get there which is why I made the map. I followed that arrow a few times and always just ended in the southwest corner of the map.

The other one is not as strong of an arrow and points directly to the west. It is the island directly to the southeast of the first arrow. Once I had everything mapped, I noticed the big X that the two arrows are kind of pointing at. I also noticed the two exactly identical big Xs that are right near the second portal. I thought that perhaps that is what you meant. Look for the other Xs. One X for the first portal, two Xs for the second.

Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2015
Where can I find a Whismur or Loudred and also a Ditto?

Thanks

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2014
I actually did use the Macho Brace to speed the process up a little bit. I just don't really like grinding that much, so having to find specific Pokémon to grind was kind of annoying. I'm glad they're providing an alternative in X and Y. But either way, now I'm more motivated to get those 50 wins than I was before, no matter how long it takes.

Where can I find a Whismur or Loudred and also a Ditto?

Thanks

I think you have to trade for an Exploud, then breed the Exploud to get a Whismur. Then you can level up the Whismur until it evolves into Loudred.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen today
Oh maybe every night for a week. Maybe as much as 20 hours total. There were a couple times I found I was off by one square here or there and had to spend half an hour or so trying to figure out where I screwed up. The islands that I know I screwed up on the map but never returned to are the ones around the arrows. [Edit: The screen is ~11 squares tall and 15 squares wide. Basically I would map out all the squares on the screen, move down 11 steps, map all those squares, etc. When I hit an obstacle, I would turn and go 15 squares in one direction or another until I got around it. I started at the arrow, mapped up and to the left till I hit the big wall of tiny islands and turned around mostly following the edge of the map until I got all the way back around. I would map out to the wall then back to the center.]

I'd actually say that there are two islands that could be considered arrows. The one that points southwest does kinda point towards the second portal but if you follow the arrow exactly, you'll never get there which is why I made the map. I followed that arrow a few times and always just ended in the southwest corner of the map.

The other one is not as strong of an arrow and points directly to the west. It is the island directly to the southeast of the first arrow. Once I had everything mapped, I noticed the big X that the two arrows are kind of pointing at. I also noticed the two exactly identical big Xs that are right near the second portal. I thought that perhaps that is what you meant. Look for the other Xs. One X for the first portal, two Xs for the second.

Maybe the "X" (that looks more like an "H") is intentional (I don't remember, I made this map around 2010 September) but I really doubt about one "X" for the first portal (that isn't too near) and two for the second.

I actually did use the Macho Brace to speed the process up a little bit. I just don't really like grinding that much, so having to find specific Pokémon to grind was kind of annoying. I'm glad they're providing an alternative in X and Y. But either way, now I'm more motivated to get those 50 wins than I was before, no matter how long it takes.
Anyway, you doesn't need to hunt for a certain pokémon if you use the Power items and the berries that remove efforts.

I have "Minigames that gives effort" idea at my original plains (at 2010), like a Academy, but this is cut out for a future release. The 1.0 have a WIP Academy that does nothing (like a placeholder) for this reason. In 1.1 the Berry Orchard is at the Academy place, but I'm still planning to release a working Academy at 1.2, I even was finished one of the minigames.

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2014
I didn't know the power items worked no matter which Pokémon you battle. Well, I feel stupid now. It's my first time EV training, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that I made a mistake like that. Thanks for telling me that, as I don't think I would've ever looked it up on my own. Now if I ever need to EV train again, it won't be that bad.
An academy with minigames sounds fun. It's always interesting when someone comes up with an idea for a game before the game creators themselves do.

Edit: I just got my 4th trainer star, just in time for X and Y. In all my time playing Pokémon, I've never been so glad for a Sp. Def drop. The reward is amazing. I can't think of anything more appropriate. Why did Game Freak never think of this? I'm about to attempt it; I don't know if I'll clear it tonight, seeing as my team is a little under-leveled, but I'll definitely try it. I think I'll edit this post again when I clear it.

Edit 2: I hate to tell you this, but the last part of the 4-star event has a bug. I somehow got through the first three parts, only to get an error message at the fourth. I didn't think to write down exactly what the message said, but I think it said something about the music; if it were anything else I would try to trigger the event again, but I think you can understand why I'm reluctant to do that in this situation.
One more thing; I keep forgetting to mention this, but I don't think Reflect and Light Screen work properly. I noticed that physical attacks seem to do the same amount of damage before and after Reflect is used, even against the same Pokémon; the same is true for special attacks and Light Screen.

Last edited:
Back