• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Competitive Battling Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
Lol, well, that's really the only option this gen. Weather is the standard, or Volt Switch / U-Turn to prevent getting swept by weather. :/ It's a shame, but I dunno, if you just fall in line it becomes much more fun. xD

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
You have so many options in BW OU it's not even funny. Whatever you try can be viable. There are just so many things you can do! Yes, you have to be able to deal with weather and those U-turn teams and Baton Pass and all that. Yes, you have to deal with things. They are threats, and you don't have to join 'em to beat 'em. Be creative and find new ways to do things! That's how the best players invent new playstyles; everyone else falls into line and they are the ones who step out. You can't be a great player by acting like a mediocre one.

And on the flip side of that, yes, those teams are very good and can be played very well.

I prefer to dwell in the lower tiers. Most of the Pokemon I like are in there, and it gives me more motivation to actually try making a good team and such.

On the other hand, I really, really, really, really hate weather

...there's an auto-weather starter in literally every tier. Good luck avoiding weather. (OU: Tyranitar, Ninetales, Politoed; UU: Hippowdon, Abomasnow; RU & NU: Snover [and Hippopotas soon probably])

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
You have so many options in BW OU it's not even funny. Whatever you try can be viable. There are just so many things you can do! Yes, you have to be able to deal with weather and those U-turn teams and Baton Pass and all that. Yes, you have to deal with things. They are threats, and you don't have to join 'em to beat 'em. Be creative and find new ways to do things! That's how the best players invent new playstyles; everyone else falls into line and they are the ones who step out. You can't be a great player by acting like a mediocre one.

And on the flip side of that, yes, those teams are very good and can be played very well.

...there's an auto-weather starter in literally every tier. Good luck avoiding weather. (OU: Tyranitar, Ninetales, Politoed; UU: Hippowdon, Abomasnow; RU & NU: Snover [and Hippopotas soon probably])

I know they are many weather starters in all tiers, but I hope they'll be less frequent in the lower tiers (apart from UU)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Just remember who to give credit to for popularizing Volt Turning teams. After all why do you think they are spammed now ? ;D

Also, should i get back into Pokes after not playing in like 3 months ? Y/N/M ??????????? also Wifi or PO ???????????? Hmmmmmm so many decisions lol.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
First question: y. Second question: PO. Breeding good teams for wifi takes waaay too long without RNGing (considering I was trying to breed w/o needing RNG earlier today and gave up easily - I had the right idea at least!) tbh I can't even enjoy battling without PO anymore, lol. :x

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
First question: y. Second question: PO. Breeding good teams for wifi takes waaay too long without RNGing (considering I was trying to breed w/o needing RNG earlier today and gave up easily - I had the right idea at least!) tbh I can't even enjoy battling without PO anymore, lol. :x

Eh screw RNG. 1. It makes no sense to me. 2. Im horrible at maths. :(

~POKEGEN~ ftw lol :x

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Eh screw RNG. 1. It makes no sense to me. 2. Im horrible at maths. :(

~POKEGEN~ ftw lol :x

I thought there was something prevented you from using generated 'mons on WiFi. ?_? Also play PO so I can battle you.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
(In terms of leads)

September:

| 1 | Politoed | 38033 | 8.101% |
| 2 | Tyranitar | 34204 | 7.285% |
| 3 | Rotom-W | 31526 | 6.715% |
| 4 | Deoxys-S | 24562 | 5.232% |
| 5 | Ninetales | 15165 | 3.230% |

October:

| 1 | Politoed | 41692 | 9.165% |
| 2 | Deoxys-S | 30491 | 6.703% |
| 3 | Rotom-W | 28059 | 6.168% |
| 4 | Tyranitar | 25345 | 5.571% |
| 5 | Ninetales | 16226 | 3.567% |

^ My wish is for Deoxys-S to reach #1 this month. Except it's impossible because everyone loves rain and I wish for it to disappear. :( But yaaay improvement!

GO AWAY POLITOED.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Nuuuu I love rain! It's fun to use and I can make good use of one of my favourite Pokémon ;__; Toxicroak

GO AWAY NICA

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Totally doesn't deserve to be top! D<

Also:

The foe's Ninetales's Drought intensified the sun's rays!
Start of turn 7
The foe's Ninetales used Sunny Day!
But it failed!

lol'd.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well yeah, I had Tyranitar, but the Pokemon I had kinda had no need to switch out, lol. I'm just amused by needing sunny day Ninetales ;x like unless you're playing swift swim where you need rain dance it doesn't really seem useful imo.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Well yeah, I had Tyranitar, but the Pokemon I had kinda had no need to switch out, lol. I'm just amused by needing sunny day Ninetales ;x like unless you're playing swift swim where you need rain dance it doesn't really seem useful imo.

Here's a Ninetales set that's currently going through analysis in Smogon:
-Sunny Day
-Fire Blast/Flamethrower
-SolarBeam
-Toxic/Will-o-Wisp/Protect
Nature: Modest
EVs: 128 HP/252 SAtk/20 SDef/108 Spe
Item: Leftovers/Life Orb
Ability: Drought

The aim of this Ninetales is to try to maintain sun in the face of other weather inducers, or so I've read.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I guess it makes sense, just I wouldn't really use it since it involves SO much prediction, and in which case I'd rather use it on something other than the inducer because if the inducer faints then yeah sort of pointless.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
I prefer the classic switch out method. My Politoed is bulky, but I don't want it taking hits if there is another inducer on the field.

Also, my team is doing very well on the PO server, I'm on 12XX points :D !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back