• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ Toxic to the Touch ★ Poison Type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
I may not have to go through with the Crobat after all and keep my beloved Golbat. I'd roll Golbat out the gate with Eviolite, which gives it a great boost to it's Defense and Special Defense. Now it just needs to learn Cosmic Power. . .

I'll have to rely on one of you to teach my Golbat Super Fang in your ORAS game. Also, with a bit of work, I've managed to get my Zubats to learn the following: Giga Drain | Hypnosis | Whirlwind | Defog

I'm making them available, and so far they look promising with 5IVs. Unfortunately I have them going through Adamant natures thus far, so you're going to have to do a little tweaking yourselves if you want one of these flying monsters. Defog is great for competitive battles, and with the Generation 6 move reminder Egg Moves can be remembered for a small fee. I wish that fee was money and not Heart Scales *mumble grumble*
All Zubats are in Dream Balls, and will include a nice berry or random item. I need exclusive Hoenn berries (except Watmel) that don't occur naturally in Kalos, so if you can spare them that'd be much appreciated.

Sad news, I'm going to have to re-breed my team, and might even swap out Glittery Kaffeine~ in the process due to a few undesired specs and new strategies. When I'm done, they'll be up for trade. Some are in rare Pokeballs! Ekans in Moonball, Loveball Koffing, and I have a Fastball Ponyta waiting for me in Soul Silver, if anyone is interested let me know.

Just learned Ponyta can learn Hypnosis. Fun stuff. Let's see what I can do.

Years
Crobat is pretty cool, admittedly. I have used it in quite a few playthroughs of the newer games before, and while it isn't the most ideal Pokémon competitively, it's extremely fast and has the Poison-type to use against Fairy-types, and a fast Defog to go along with it. It's also helped by Infiltrator for substitutes, so there's good that can be said about it in that front.

Years
I'm with Pendraflare as well. I used to not like Zubat when it was introduced but I did grow to like Crobat thanks to its usable stats and moves, it's fast but can still hit hard and with Fairy-types it now has better use for its Poison-type attacks along with Defog which now serves as a main method of entry hazard removal. It's also cool to see that Zubat's usability in-game got better with each generation, sorta like the Marill line which also improved with every new generation.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm not too fond of Zubat in particular, to be honest.

From generation one to four, which covers a lot of games, it was a very common Pokémon in areas such as caves, tunnels, and so forth. We'd also find ourselves running into it while walking on grass every now and again during nighttime. This, at least in my eyes, seemed to have lowered its value in my eyes by a ton, as it was quite annoying to be constantly encountering the Pokémon. If it weren't for that, I would have been a bigger fan for sure.

Same applies for Tentacool, which is sort of like Zubat, but only in terms of sea routes. If I weren't to be encountering this Pokémon too often, I likely would've taken it more seriously and whatnot.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
I love Zubat only because I can draw them cute and dangerous at the same time. Their in game stats and moves usually suck wait was that a pun and I'm clearly not a big fan of Golbat. Crobat is cute and strong so I'm still a big fan on that one~

But I hate training Zubat. -.-U Running into then and Tentacool all the time usn't as annoying as it used to be, seeing as I now uaually carry a psychic type on my teams. XD

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
Zubat is one of those Pokemon most of the players clearly hate but I find myself loving really deeply. And no, I am not biased because my favorite Pokemon is Crobat. While his stats clearly suck (but is is expected. I mean, most NFEs have poor stats) but his design works pretty well. It was a bat, we can see that, and it's a bat. Blind, sucks blood, etc. It's a bat. It's overall simplistic design is what makes Zubat great in my eyes. Ofc I don't use competitively but it is always an option in my ingame runs.

Also, I love his backsprites.

41.png
41.gif
41.png
41.png

Years
Yeah, Zubat is one of those Pokémon that, as I mentioned, you don't really appreciate until you actually try it out for yourself and it becomes a Crobat. But admittedly I think Golbat has some really goofy sprites, like in Platinum, and its back sprite in Generation V.

CoffeeDrink

Years
Yeah, Zubat is one of those Pokémon that, as I mentioned, you don't really appreciate until you actually try it out for yourself and it becomes a Crobat. But admittedly I think Golbat has some really goofy sprites, like in Platinum, and its back sprite in Generation V.

I think you missed one:
Spr_1b_042.png
Golbat always goes for the French kiss.

Zubat is one of those Pokemon most of the players clearly hate but I find myself loving really deeply. And no, I am not biased because my favorite Pokemon is Crobat. While his stats clearly suck (but is is expected. I mean, most NFEs have poor stats) but his design works pretty well. It was a bat, we can see that, and it's a bat. Blind, sucks blood, etc. It's a bat. It's overall simplistic design is what makes Zubat great in my eyes. Ofc I don't use competitively but it is always an option in my ingame runs.

Also, I love his backsprites.

41.png
41.gif
41.png
41.png

Golbat can still be used effectively with the right build. To each their own. . . I do enjoy using Crobat (I have two on standby) and even had a shiny Crobat each generation sans 1 and 5. I haven't yet, but I'm going to get one for the 6th.

jombii

Years
Bleh, shiny crobat. IMO the pink coloring doesn't really work. How can it blend in the dark as a bat when it's so fab?

jombii

Years
169.gif

IDK who you calling blind, though.

On the more serious note though, pink stands out in a cave. It does. It doesn't blend in at all. A Shiny crobat would perish easily.

CoffeeDrink

Years
Well, in a cave of Zubats. . . I always like to think that the bat line can't see very well, even with eyes (like real bats) and they use their sonar to find and kill stuff.

jombii

Years
Yeah, he can use echolocation to find stuff but with the weird coloring, stuff will find Crobat first.

Also, can I suggest the POTW for this week?

211.gif

BOO! It's Qwilfish.

He wants an evolution so badly.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Oh, so is your crazy Zubat discussion finally over? :P I guess I can entertain this request for Pokémon of the Week.

Spoiler:

Qwilfish!

Crystal Pokédex: When faced with a larger opponent, it swallows as much water as it can to match the opponent's size.

Qwilfish trying to match a Wailord? At what point would it swallow so much that it popped?

Anyway, I've never really cared for Qwilfish, but I admit it is kind of a funny Pokémon. I probably would never use one honestly.

CoffeeDrink

Years
Spr_2g_211.png
Spr_2s_211.png
Spr_2c_211.gif
Spr_3r_211.png
Spr_4d_211.png
Spr_4h_211.png
Spr_5b_211.png

And let's see which sprite is going to win this week!

They go from Gold, Silver, Crystal, RSE, DPP, HG/SS, Black/White, and X/Y (Edit: X/Y model took too much space, it was removed)

Although I don't count the 6th generation having 'sprites' so much as 3D models. . .

I think I prefer the Diamon and Pearl Qwilfish, so it gets my vote for best sprite. It's shiny alternate is also a nice complement

jombii

Years
I agree with DPP although I find Crystal's sprite really appealing, with the animation and all.

I think Qwilfish had so much potential if it was given an evolution in the later gens as we saw with most other Pokemon. But, alas, we could not be satisfied.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
I liek Kwilfeesh.

The Silver and HGSS sprites are most appealing to me~

I got to use Qwillfish in a FireRed: Backwards nuzlocke, and it has a fakevolution there, something called 'Qwilshark'. Yikes. Unfortunately she died training.... I forgot the stupid Abras have Teleport, which was changed into a Psychic type Explosion, supereffective on her. -.-U RIP Quinn.

I really wanted that Qwilshark. :V I honestly hope Qwilfish gets a cool evolution in canon though, that'd be pretty SWEET.~

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2017
Name: Biogoji
Poison type Pokemon Partners: Venusaur and Nidoking
Reason for liking Poison: Poison Pokemon are quite interesting with many different dual types like Poison/Flying, Poison/Ground, Poison/Ghost, Poison/Water and it's similar to my favorite type grass both are underrated and are mainly looked at for being only good for status effects and defensive walls. But they are much more than that, hats off to Poison for being one of the two types Fairy is weak to.
Thoughts on current topic: Qwilfish has interested me for awhile but he''s average stats and lack of an evolution which could probably fix his stats up a bit put me off from using him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back