• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The first Pokemon you caught is ......

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Nidoran male. I usually skip catching any Pokemon on the first routes. I really loved having a Nidoking on my team :D

RobertNick

Blaziken Rules.
Years
Mine was a lame Ratata, the little rascal managed to break 3 of my 5 Pokeballs, but in the end I got him. Ended up being one of my first to grow up to lvl. 99.

Life

[FONT="Poiret One"][color=#aaaaaa]Perception of Re
Years
The first pokemon I caught was Pikachu in Viridian Forest, I heard you could catch Pikachu there so I spent like an hour just trying to catch one of them bad boys. I eventually evolved it into a Raichu once it learnt Thunderbolt. :D

Years
The first one I caught was a Pidgey. Didn't use it much. I found the Rattata I caught after that more useful. Both of them ended in the box after a couple of hours.
The last Pokemon I caught was also a Pidgey - a shiny one. After catching the Suicune, I came across it at Route 2.

Ibraihim the Betrayed

You are not prepared...
Years
First Pokemon I caught on Fire Red was a Pidgey. I actually just started playing it 10 minutes ago so it wasn't too hard too remember. :P

HoennTM

Will my hack be done soon? Probably not.
Years
I think is was a Pidgey. My first game was G/S/C so idk nor have I played FRLG in ages and I am still using that save file.

Years
Everyone gets pidgeys it seems! Me too, first was pidgey then rattata then mankey. I was a pokedex maniac and I would catch every poke I came across.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2023
my first pokemon caught was a funny thing, when i was 7 and got my first game, pokemon yellow, i thought pikachu was so cool i decided only to use pikachu and leave all other pokemon alone, sometime around the time i finished the silph company i got bored using only pikachu, so i decided to finally to look in the pokedex and catch my first pokemon, i got interested in kabuto, so i went all the way to cinnabar island and then got my first pokemon.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Taillow :D
I was about 6 years old and quite new to pokemon. I still like Taillow and Swellow.

Years
Like the guy above.
My first pokemon game was pokemon gold and i caught pidgey. I remember i was impressed how gust looked much better.

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
It's been ten years since I've played FireRed on a hard copy (I lost it, the only game that I ever lost). However, i know that I caught a Rattata. It was my birthday and I was so thrilled to catch all the Pokemon I had from Blue and add them to my Emerald Dex. I chose Charmander as a starter, though I prefer Squirtle.

Years
In the first run of the game, it should be a .... I'm really not sure, but it should be a Pidgey, like 93% of the others here, cause first thing you check out is your flying pokemon..:D
but just two weeks ago some friends and me just started a new game, and this time I didnt wanted to get the normal fly pokemon as usual, so I started with a Mankey.

Jehowi

Your Master Superior
Years
On the original Pokémon red, the first Pokémon I captured was a Caterpie. I'm not kidding! Some guides say you can only find Weedle in Pokemon red at Viridian Forest, but I caught a Caterpie there with my first pokeball, without weakening it. I remember it as if it was yesterday, that's why I had to comment.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Whenever i play FR/LG, the very first Pokemon i catch is always a Mankey west of Viridian!
Besided loving Primeape, Mankey is a great help for the first gym when having Charmander as the starter

Back