• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New Mythical Pokemon revealed: Meltan!

Years
Well, it's seeming much less like an accidental reveal by Niantic now. It wouldn't be feasible for them to prepare all those videos just because Niantic apparently accidentally made them available.

Also, it's cute! Can't wait to see what Meltan is like in Let's Go AND GO.

Sirfetch’d

I love it! Happy to see that it turned out to be a mythical Pokemon and especially happy that it is Steel typed. Gonna be really interesting to see what role it has in the upcoming games and why it was chosen of all Pokemon to be put in.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
First of all, why couldn't the games have graphics like in that video? <3

Secondly, that artwork of Meltan is super cute! It's definitely growing on me!

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
I mean, I think it looks okay. Doesn't really get me anymore excited for Let's Go though. And adding to the fact that's it's a mythical and will problably require connection to the mobile game doesn't really help.

But it is our first Gen 8 reveal!

Last edited:

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
But it is our first Gen 8 revea!

Considering the current gen threw us new mons in the middle of it, this being a Gen 8 mon may not be a possibility, but instead just be another one of the Gen 7 folk. However, there's nothing that tells us what generation this is going to end up in.

Years
It has red tail! Not my favourite design and it'll probably be as relevant to Gen VII as Magearna was to Gen VII.

But that trailer was nice. I wonder why Dittos suddenly started transforming in it.

Last edited:

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
Years
What the heck?!? we're getting another steel type mystical, and it's a Knut on the body of a silver ditto. So, bassically GF was.like "Lets do this weird thing, and see how people react. BTW, it's shiny form is a rusty knut" I thought it was a joke... Ok, welp. Hope it's OP...

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I like this Pokemon, but "liquid metal" sounds like mercury, so I'm sad this Pokemon isn't Steel/Poison. :( It's cute, though, I want one.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Reminds me of Unknown quite a bit. Hopefully it'll have some kind of back story in the games at some point.

Years
The leak was obviously intentional when Ditto transformed into it in Pokémon GO.

I am still waiting to see what's the link between Meltan and Ditto??? Especially that it seems to be unable to Transform... is it some what their ancestor? The mass Transformation into Meltan being a sign of allegiance and worshipping?
All that comes to my mind right now is that wild Ditto sometimes happen to hold
Bag_Metal_Powder_Sprite.png
Metal Powder (METAL), an Item that increases Ditto's Defense. This useless item has always been a mystery to me. Not anymore I guess...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 2, 2022
NOPE, nope, nope, no, no, no

I always defend the misunderstood and weird Pokémon from new generations, but this is too much for me, they went too far, sorry guys, but this new Pokémon is just stupid.

I wonder why they decided to release THIS with LGP/LGE, it's the most unappealing design possible for Gen 1 fans.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Curious to see what the explanation is for Dittos turning into it (assuming this was all intentional) and what the lore behind it is.

If it'll have any anyway....the games don't go into the lore of non-box/non-mascot legendaries as much as they used to.

Reminds me of Unknown quite a bit. Hopefully it'll have some kind of back story in the games at some point.
When I saw it, the "eye" was making me think of something, but I couldn't put my finger on what exactly. But now that you mention it, that's what I was thinking of =)

Last edited:
Years
Not sure if I would have caught this thing in the wild, and I would never have guessed that this was a mythical pokemon. It looks more like it could be an evolution of unown or roggenrola. But maybe it will grow on me...

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Boring. More mythical stuff. And man, is that a lame design.

Did they have a design-a-Pokemon contest at an elementary school?

Last edited:
Years
I finally have enough signal to actually see this design after days of knowing about it's existence. I think it's super cute, the only thing I don't like about it is the tail but I can live with it.

Back