• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

League of Legends

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
Years
Rank really does mean nothing. I'm im Silver V, but I highly doubt I'm worth it. I can't even win a ranked game unless my duo partner is with me.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I find that the main difference in ranks is the amount of mistakes people make. The reason why I felt outskilled wasn't necessarily because I was being outplayed, but rather that I couldn't do anything. Alistar is a support that takes the mistakes of the enemy, and capitalizes on them to create advantages for their carry. Their support was Blitz, and we were doing a great job of positioning ourselves so that the hooks weren't landing, so bot lane was pretty boring. The enemy wasn't overextending, and I didn't want to engage a fight where Blitz's hook, knock up, and silence were off cooldown.

It wasn't so much that I was being outplayed to the point where I was forced to hug the turret, but rather the enemy knew how to position so that I couldn't do anything without putting my ADC in danger.

The amount of mistakes that I was able to capitalize on was minimal, so I felt pretty useless. And you guys are talking like rank doesn't matter at all and a bronze guy can hold their own in diamond, haha.

Years
Considering the fact that all you need to do is pay all the money you gained from your job this month to get boosted from Bronze to Diamond, yeah, ranked doesn't matter.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Bronze is 50% of the community. If you are in silver, you are higher ranked than 50% of the league community that plays ranked.Gold is top 8%, Platinum is top 1%, and anything above platinum is top <.6%. I thought Silver was the most populated division, but I guess I was very wrong. 50% in Bronze. Oh dear god. That's just sad. I'm right on that edge, too. Silver V...... I need to play more ranked. Damn.

Where did you get those numbers from? Because according to this page, the numbers are widely different http://www.lolsummoners.com/stats

But on the topic of rank, I highly disagree that rank doesn't matter. Obviously it's not a perfect representation of everyone's skill. Some people might get carried up to a high rank by a duo queue partner, some might play certain champs on a really high level, but never manage to get said champs/roles, so they have a tougher time climbing (though your skill with one champion isn't exactly a representation of your your rank), and then there are obviously the people who buy their way to the high ranks. But if anyone has ever looked up the prices for that, they'd realise that it isn't cheap at all, especially if you're in something like bronze and want someone to boost you to diamond. So this honestly not as common as some people make it out to be.

But yeah, rank shouldn't be completely disregarded. In the lower ELO's like silver and bronze, the difference in skill honestly isn't that big, so you can expect to see people who really are truly bad at the game all around Silver and Bronze. But people who truly are bad at the game aren't legitimately gonna make it to something like Plat, and you can expect them to have a much better understanding of this like where to ward, how to build against certain teams or in certain situations, when to take objectives and which objectives should be prioritized, when to engage in fights and so on. From what I've caught up on, it's the knowledge of those kind of things that allow them to climb. Even if they might not be mechanically better at a champ than a silver player.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I think my first one was in bots with Annie? I thought it was the coolest thing at the time so I was like YEAHHHH and then I realised that it was at a beginner level. So much for that hype. :(

My first real pentakill was in a normal as Akali. It was really random as well. Anyway, a huge teamfight breaks out in our jungle midgame. Doing what Akali does best, I delete the carries, get the ult resets and boom. Akali Cleaning Services since 2014, kids. But I didn't actually realise what was going on until the chat went crazy, haha. Felt pretty good.

Regarding rankings, it can tell some things about a person but not completely. I've seen people getting lucky in their placements or bronzes that deserve to be up higher but don't actually play much ranked. And yeah, I think I'm a bit too guilty of the 'relies on one or two champs' for climbing sort of thing. It's just a sort of 'oh I main this champ so therefore I have a better chance of snowballing / carrying '. Bad part is that I can only really play 1-3 champs with confidence and I also fail to fill the roles of ADC/new jungle. Haven't really familiarised with the latter but the first was one I could never get the hang of in the first place. Since one of my mains is getting banned out almost every draft/ranked though (Akali), I might take it as a sign to 'gtfo of akali and learn something else'.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I play more support and utility champs, so I have yet to get a pentakill. Although, I have helped three people get a pentakill before, so that has to count for something, right?

The highest I've ever gotten was a quadra kill with Wukong I ulted at the right time for a teamfight, and I got four kills out of it. The first kill of the fight was made by my teammate, so it's not like someone stole the penta from me or anything.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 7, 2015
Sooo guys, if you had a penta kill before, what character did you use for your first one? o:

Very first one was with Ezreal in a co-op vs AI game when I was level... 17!

Second one was a 1v5 using Jax, a while back. Was very proud :]. Looking back though, I was fed, they were all fairly low so. Yeah!

And speaking of penta kills!

Just yesterday actually, I had a 25/2/6 game as Vayne - I'd post proof but I don't have enough posts to post a link/image.

It came complete with a penta! Yay :]

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
Years
My first penta in normals was a couple months ago. I was using Riven, and the enemy team was trying to take Baron. I flashed over the wall an ulted at the same time, dashed into their team, and hit aaqaawaaqaaqaa1aaaaaaaawaar and got all 5. Stole baron too :D I got another with Riven by dashing straight into the enemy team and ulting at the same time to cancel the animation, and just did my regular combo and then dashed backwards and killed 3 of them with windslash. I kept chasing and ended up getting all 5 of them. I got one with APTrox by jumping into the enemy team using e and ulting and all of them died. APTrox is fucking strong, k.

I've gotten 3-4 pentas in normals, and way more quadras than I can count. Triples are just way out the question to count. Double are just.... there is no way anyone could count them. My actual kills total can be very easily counted though. It's on my summoner profile :D

And I've decided that the next time the name changer rolls around, I'm changing my name to Talon, Aatrox, Riven, or Vi. I don't know which one yet, but I don't even really play Rengar anymore, so I have no reason to be named after him.
EDIT: I looked at the top, and my dream has come true. Literally like 3 minutes after saying that. WOooppppppppps. I guess I have 9 days to decide now. :DDDDDDD THANK YOU BASED PC GODS

EDIT 2: Decided on Talon

EDIT 3: WHY I decided on Talon

In the game I linked, you can see that the highest multi kill was 3, by me. Let me tell you something about that triple. It should have been a quadra. If you look at the big blue dot at the end on the graph, you can see that I killed 4 of them, and not that far apart, but the first one must have been like 1 second too early, or I killed the rest of them 1 second too late. Anyways, that's not what's so important about it. I insta bursted draven in mid, without even having to use my ult, and then rushed top from mid, and did my burst again, but this time using my ult, picking up three kills, as you can see. In chat after that, making me 11/1, I said "gg", unknowing to the fact that they had ffd right after I killed them. I was just sayin gg as like, a way of saying "You have passed the point of no return. You have fed the Talon far too much", but because of my quadra triple, the ffd. Honestly, I was so fed at that point that 1 q chunked half of teetos face. It was teemo mid too, for some reason, and Zed jg. As you can see, first blood, Zed, to red buff. How embarrassing. Actually in chat, when our Rammus got the first kill and the announcer said "First Blood.", Zed said in all chat "Actually my red got first blood. This games lies." That was a great game. FAR too easy.

EDIT 4: First game of Lb. Who says she is hard? I find her to be extremely easy.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
My first real pentakill was in a normal as Akali. It was really random as well. Anyway, a huge teamfight breaks out in our jungle midgame. Doing what Akali does best, I delete the carries, get the ult resets and boom. Akali Cleaning Services since 2014, kids. But I didn't actually realise what was going on until the chat went crazy, haha. Felt pretty good.
Wish I'd seen this :( I've had normal PvP pentakills with quite a few people: Quinn, Yorick, Warwick, Sejuani, Trist, Malzahar, and probably a couple more that I've forgotten, but the only ranked one so far has been with Tristana. Never happy to play so... aggressively, in ranked haha.

Regarding rankings, it can tell some things about a person but not completely. I've seen people getting lucky in their placements or bronzes that deserve to be up higher but don't actually play much ranked. And yeah, I think I'm a bit too guilty of the 'relies on one or two champs' for climbing sort of thing. It's just a sort of 'oh I main this champ so therefore I have a better chance of snowballing / carrying '. Bad part is that I can only really play 1-3 champs with confidence and I also fail to fill the roles of ADC/new jungle. Haven't really familiarised with the latter but the first was one I could never get the hang of in the first place. Since one of my mains is getting banned out almost every draft/ranked though (Akali), I might take it as a sign to 'gtfo of akali and learn something else'.
Mm I agree completely. Some people that place in Silver leave you thinking "... wow, you go 3/15 in all of your matches and still get there?" whereas people like you who get placed in Bronze whom obviously deserve to be higher make the provisional system seem kinda sucky.

As for playing very few champs, I've noticed that a lot for you ;) I tend to play quite a variety of champs I think, in my last 10 ranked games there's been... Garen, Anivia, Malzahar, Quinn, Leona, Volibear, Annie and Kennen, so I think that's a good variety. For each role I have a couple of safe picks like Leona/Janna support, Quinn/Jinx adc, Garen/Kennen top, Sejuani/Volibear jungle, etc, and for mid I mostly play Malzahar/Xerath but I vary that a lot more based on who I feel like playing. Definitely still working on learning more champions to that level but I'm happy with the variety I have at the moment.

In other news, how amazing are the Blood Moon skins? The Thresh one omg *.*

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Wish I'd seen this :( I've had normal PvP pentakills with quite a few people: Quinn, Yorick, Warwick, Sejuani, Trist, Malzahar, and probably a couple more that I've forgotten, but the only ranked one so far has been with Tristana. Never happy to play so... aggressively, in ranked haha.

Dang, that's impressive. You seem to be really good at the underrated champs though. Good for having a comfort pick in the unlikely case your main gets banned. ;]

Also pffft, you can visualise it in your head. It broke out around the purple side's chickens. (that sounded really stupid haha) Team was already fighting by the time I dashed over the wall to help a 3 v 5. And boom, there's your free penta. You know how good Akali is at 'kill securing'. Yep, just securing that kill folks. don't report me team I only wanted the assist :(

Mm I agree completely. Some people that place in Silver leave you thinking "... wow, you go 3/15 in all of your matches and still get there?" whereas people like you who get placed in Bronze whom obviously deserve to be higher make the provisional system seem kinda sucky.

The silver club couldn't handle me. Obviously I carried every single game, I deserve to be hi-

Honestly hate it when people whine about their teammates and think they were the only good member of their team. Yes there will be games you can't carry because apparently Bill Gates is a godly League of Legends smurfer. But constantly saying 'I'm stuck in ELO hell with these scrubs' or implying similar really annoys me. If you're Bronze V, there's a good chance your play is a big reason why. I got asked to spectate one of my LoL friend play Akali in a PvP game. And man, the plays down there are awful. I'm sure if you're better than you think you are, you'll easily get out. Or you can be like me and get yourself carried by a duo queue you met five minutes ago. :D

As for playing very few champs, I've noticed that a lot for you ;) I tend to play quite a variety of champs I think, in my last 10 ranked games there's been... Garen, Anivia, Malzahar, Quinn, Leona, Volibear, Annie and Kennen, so I think that's a good variety. For each role I have a couple of safe picks like Leona/Janna support, Quinn/Jinx adc, Garen/Kennen top, Sejuani/Volibear jungle, etc, and for mid I mostly play Malzahar/Xerath but I vary that a lot more based on who I feel like playing. Definitely still working on learning more champions to that level but I'm happy with the variety I have at the moment.

You know it! Haha, I wish I could say the same. I get stuck on a few champs and then try to improve from there. But I'll try to learn some more champs to please the ranked spaghetti gods. So maybe... Swain, Volibear, Leona, Jayce and Ahri? I feel like Ahri's pretty similar with the whole three dash idea but it's just on a ridiculously longer cooldown. But yeah since I have a few weeks before school starts, I'll see if I can learn as many champs as 'im da most diverse out of my premade suckahs' known as Ryudo Squirrel. Challenge accepted, let's d-d-d-uel.

In other news, how amazing are the Blood Moon skins? The Thresh one omg *.*

They're pretty cool. We all know which one's my favourite though: :p

( sorry if thoughts are all over the place with this one! guess who got a super bad cold during summer :( )

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
You know it! Haha, I wish I could say the same. I get stuck on a few champs and then try to improve from there. But I'll try to learn some more champs to please the ranked spaghetti gods. So maybe... Swain, Volibear, Leona, Jayce and Ahri? I feel like Ahri's pretty similar with the whole three dash idea but it's just on a ridiculously longer cooldown. But yeah since I have a few weeks before school starts, I'll see if I can learn as many champs as 'im da most diverse out of my premade suckahs' known as Ryudo Squirrel. Challenge accepted, let's d-d-d-uel.

OMG JUST HURRY UP AND LEARN AN ADC ALREADY >:[

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
If you don't mind me making another topic question:

What are your goals for the new season for 2015?

Personally, I'll at least shoot for a platinum rank this year.. I've hit gold everytime, but, never really devoted myself towards platinum, because we'd still get the ranked awards from gold anyway, haha~

Also, maaaybe I should try and master the jungle role. I'm sorta.. 'off' on ganking aspects, but, it shouldn't be to tough to practice?

JustJeff

Striving for Rank #1
Years
I kinda surprised on how many people still play or are new to League~! It makes me wanna Re-Vamp the thread and add all them summoner names!

Goal for the 2015 Season?
Probably not that much~ Maybe Finally max out my Rune Pages or perhaps learn how to play Kalista. Lol Bin playing this game 4 way too long~
And all you people, add me~! Ign: JustJeff / Region: NA
Wud love to have some games w/ the PC community~

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
My main goal for the new season is to make it to gold. I've been playing a lot more ranked recently, and my mmr has fallen a bit to where I'm not getting paired up with gold people anymore. One thing I've learned so far is that I can't rely on my ADC as much as I could before, and so I'll probably have to pick up a couple supports that can carry a game like Zyra or Annie. Sorry Alistar, but you can't carry that well.

Or I could stop playing support, but I'm selfish and I don't trust anyone else with the role yet, haha.

Years
I don't really have a goal, maybe make it to gold, but that means i just have to win 1 promo game and that's it.

Also make that troll off meta ranked team with my friends lel

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
OMG JUST HURRY UP AND LEARN AN ADC ALREADY >:[

Shut up you. >:[

I don't think I'm actually gonna focus on ranked until I get a bigger champion pool. Relying on only a few champs can be really risky / not worth in the end so I'd like to take time off and get better at all the different roles and become more of a team player in terms of picking for the comp instead of being limited to x, y or z champ. I'd also like to understand how people don't get 360 no scoped in bot lane or elsewhere as an ADC. Seems pretty hard to get the hang of the role - is it just my playstyle? :(

If I do somehow get all of the above, then Gold would be great but not a 'omg I must get it'. I'd rather focus on my own gameplay before worrying about my rank. Example: having the map awareness of Christopher Columbus is not good kids. Don't try it at home.

And Annie support's insane, Slayr. I think you'd really like her - she has a lot of carrying potential even with only some assists in lane. You can either be rather tanky with the support build or an absolute shredder with full AP after Sightstone. Her engages are great, damage's amazing and the amount of things she brings is endless. But I might be biased here since I used to main Annie support myself. Give her a go though - she's amazing at carrying games or at the very least, winning your lane. And TIBBERSSSS. I've seen some hilarious reactions to 100-0 support vs ADC duels as Annie. But yeah, good luck if you do try her. ;]

Back